FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Re: GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Biggcarl wrote:So i have never been really good at using my f1 keys. I have a razor naga epic and ive always had my attacks hot keyed assigned to this. right now 1-6 basically controls everything for the main character. 11 is sun burst round robin and 12 is astral shield round robin. Ive noticed Tab is slot 1 divinity. and caps is divinity for both the clerics, which really isnt a big deal because i have sunburst and astral shield on round robin. but i have no way of activating stealth for the rogue. what do you suggest for activating stealth for the rogue.

I'll have to log in my level 5 TR and see... :) Honestly, I never tried them because I'd heard they had such low survivability that boxing them wouldn't be very good. I will log her in tonight and integrate her into a group for testing and let you know...
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Biggcarl wrote:Ok so ill break down exactly what, and how i plan on handling this. I will make a list and you tell me if it makes sense to you.

I am gonna play the CW by far the most involved role in the instance is the CW. By playing the CW a few things need to happen kinda of "own their own"

1. GF needs to Charge and use enforced threat and then Front line surge. I want this to happen as easy and fast as possible. Preferably during normal play of the CW.

2. TR basically same thing as the GF want him to run up to the mobs Drop smoke bomb then go stealth use lashing blade then then just spam At- will duelist flurry untill smoke bomb comes off CD.

3. Clerics are pretty much fine i have 2 hot keys set up 1 for Sunburst round robin 1 for astral shield Round robin, I just have to figure out how to get Forge masters flame to work.(huge aoe heal in divinity about 3k-5k plus if the damage crits aoe heal from the crit damage portion)

4. Attack target with out having to mark it for a fire team. If i do not mark the target for a fire team they will not attack. (auto assist main)

For GF, I'd just add the charge to whatever attack you use most on the CW (prob At Will 1, mouse 1 - since most use Magic Missle for DPS). So in the mouse 1 attack keymap, just add Q->Guardian Fighter. This is assuming that Q is the charge and your GF is in the Guardian Fighter Action group.

TR, the run up to the mob is already built into every attack - he should be doing that automatically as the attacks go off. You'll ned to modify one of the F1-F5, Shift F1-F5 attacks to incorporate your smoke bomb. Mouse 1 attack key map just gets Trickster Rogue action group added in with the GFs, DCs & CWs

for DCs, Forgemasters is already built into the "Single AOE DPS Round-Robin" (Shift F2) key map as I have it in the 'R' slot. I manually toggle divinity personally, but if you want it automatic, then just add 1 step before and after the 'R' step, each with a Tab->Devoted Cleric.

You can attack a target without marking it for a Fire Team. I need to write up the play guide tonight to explain to the players so people understand all the features, Fire-teams, etc. Click Mouse 3 to start auto-fire mode if you were previously in a FIre-Team targeting mode. Then, just click on your target with the left mouse button, and then repeat, holding down the mouse key and it will auto-target/fire just like in NeverBoxer .9a. Since 90% of the time you prob won't use Fire-teams, it's set up that way to make fighting easier.

I've had to start getting creative on how to implement these things as we're simply running out of keys :lol:
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:11 pm

While following the initial config steps under part 5 I hit an error/issue with not being able to find glow_button_SLOT5.png when exporting that may hit other NeverBoxer Beta testers who had previous versions working so I figured it best to document the issue what I did to hopefully get around it. I don't think this will hit new users as of at least v0.9+ or v1.0+ but may hit beta tester from v0.8 and previous (I can see it in the files I downloaded for v0.3, v0.6, v0.8 but not in v9.0a in my case).

To replicate I went through the following steps...

Opened ISBoxer (it defaults to my previous config which was based upon v0.9a).

- In ISBoxer did File>Clear>Yes Delete them (with everything checked);

- Copied NeverBoxer_v_X-X.xml file into "C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace";

- Copied the NeverBoxer directory into "...\InnerSpace\Scripts\ISBoxer Images";

In ISBoxer, open the NeverBoxer_v_X_XX.xml file, and export settings to Innerspace & receive error message that ISBoxer cannot find glow_button_SLOT5.png.

Did a bunch of searching and comparing v1.0 to previous versions and then remembered that at least some of the beta version included a ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML file (and warnings about that) and also denoted that my beta neverboxer images folder was in the root folder. With that in mind I closed everything and renamed my beta ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML from the default and opened ISboxer fresh to start from scratch and now when exporting it NO LONGER the message about not being able to find glow_button_SLOT5.png.

I could have also tried renaming my copy of my original ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML that I made a copy of before using the beta one but my intuition was that a good programmer like Lax would have the program create a new clean ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML if it couldn't find one & figured that would be the cleanest option instead of trying to use my ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML which from years back when I first started using ISBoxer. I also figured that some people likely replaced their ISBoxerToolkitGlobalSettings.XML with the beta one and figured I would try to address it as if I was in that situation so my actions could be a fix for everyone and thus far it appears to address the issue.

I have to take a break now but later I am going to start over with the setups steps fully clean again but wanted to document that first hurdle while it was still fresh in my mind. If I find out that this was a bad move I will try to remember to report back...
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:36 pm

For my 5man CWx2+DCx3 team that I am leveling to join my level 60s I went through section 5 in full only skipping the optional steps #1-3 (screen is already 1900x1200 & not messing with Zero VFX mode nor Party Inventories for at least now) .

When complete and I try to export to InnerSpace or launch my character set from inside ISBoxer I get the following message for my slot 1 character:

"Character CharacterName@AcccountName has no virtualized filename for Virtual File 'Gameprefs.Pref'".

Any ideas on how to bypass this ?

If I click on any of the character's 2 Virtual File entries both of the "Virtualize as" block is empty on every character and ISBoxer won't let me navigate elsewhere else (keeps prompting me with "'Virtualize as' may not be empty" OK box).

Note: I followed all the steps carefully and had both virtual files selected under each character before going to create the Character Set.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:54 pm

nodoze wrote:For my 5man CWx2+DCx3 team that I am leveling to join my level 60s I went through section 5 in full only skipping the optional steps #1-3 (screen is already 1900x1200 & not messing with Zero VFX mode nor Party Inventories for at least now) .

When complete and I try to export to InnerSpace or launch my character set from inside ISBoxer I get the following message for my slot 1 character:

"Character CharacterName@AcccountName has no virtualized filename for Virtual File 'Gameprefs.Pref'".

If I click on any of the character's 2 Virtual File entries both of the "Virtualize as" block is empty on every character and ISBoxer won't let me navigate elsewhere else (keeps prompting me with "'Virtualize as' may not be empty" OK box).

Note: I followed all the steps carefully and had both virtual files selected under each character before going to create the Character Set.

I had this same issue just put each character name in to the block
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:19 pm

Biggcarl wrote:
nodoze wrote:...When complete and I try to export to InnerSpace or launch my character set from inside ISBoxer I get the following message for my slot 1 character:

If I click on any of the character's 2 Virtual File entries both of the "Virtualize as" block is empty on every character and ISBoxer won't let me navigate elsewhere else (keeps prompting me with "'Virtualize as' may not be empty" OK box). ...

Which version of the character name?:

CharacterName@AccountName

or just

CharacterName

And for each character do you put that same value into both:

- 'Virtuallize as' box for "Gameprefs.Prefs" ?
- 'Virtuallize as' box for "Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Lanucer/" ?
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:26 pm

nodoze wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:
nodoze wrote:...When complete and I try to export to InnerSpace or launch my character set from inside ISBoxer I get the following message for my slot 1 character:

If I click on any of the character's 2 Virtual File entries both of the "Virtualize as" block is empty on every character and ISBoxer won't let me navigate elsewhere else (keeps prompting me with "'Virtualize as' may not be empty" OK box). ...

or just

CharacterName

I just put the character name with out account name in both fields
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 pm

an issue im having is where astral shield is dropping if the clerics are at ranged it drops right on top of their target wich is really good for the melee but if i move them in to the shield and drop it then it drops farther away im wanting to drop the shield at their own feet. how would i go about targeting them self and then dropping AS. or targeting any specific character to drop it. Nvm i found it in the targeting key maps. DO target slot 3

Thats still not working proper they just drop astral shield at what ever they are targeting it wont actually target a specific player first then drop it.
Last edited by Biggcarl on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Biggcarl wrote:an issue im having is where astral shield is dropping if the clerics are at ranged it drops right on top of their target wich is really good for the melee but if i move them in to the shield and drop it then it drops farther away im wanting to drop the shield at their own feet. how would i go about targeting them self and then dropping AS. or targeting any specific character to drop it. Nvm i found it in the targeting key maps. DO target slot 3

I put two binds into the config that nodoze said is used for astral shield. I believe you call the bind to look down " ' " key, then cast your astral with q,e or r and then call the bind to look up Shift ' and it should work. My cleric is not yet lev 40 with astral shield so I havent implemented it into my config yet. But I knew the day was coming so I put it in there for people to use.
Last edited by Sylver on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Biggcarl wrote:
nodoze wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:I had this same issue just put each character name in to the block

or just

CharacterName

I just put the character name with out account name in both fields
That got me past the error and now the game clients launch but my binds aren't auto-loading into the game (I know how to manually load them but I was hoping not to have to keep doing that).

Are your binds auto-loading or are you having to type once in each client window to get persistent binds the following: /bind_load_file isboxer-SetName-CharacterName-binds.txt ?
Last edited by nodoze on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter