FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:17 am

Re: GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Biggcarl wrote:I did that i folloed the guide exactly. SO i created the character named it angiline@..... thats character @ the account name then i put actuall name of character if different as Angiline then below that angilne@cc1234 here is a privepaste link

My bad - I missed a step in prepping the Character Set. Do the following:

Highlight the character set in the top left hand window pane. Now in the bottom right window pane, you will see a drop down box labeled "Perform this mapped key when character Set is loaded or reloaded". Select the Key Map "Initialization" and mapped Key "General Initialization".

Let me know if that improves things.
- Sylver
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:25 am

Sylver wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:I did that i folloed the guide exactly. SO i created the character named it angiline@..... thats character @ the account name then i put actuall name of character if different as Angiline then below that angilne@cc1234 here is a privepaste link

Highlight the character set in the top left hand window pane. Now in the bottom right window pane, you will see a drop down box labeled "Perform this mapped key when character Set is loaded or reloaded". Select the Key Map "Initialization" and mapped Key "General Initialization".

ok trying now

ok things starting to look a whole lot better still having issues getting the TR to attack with at wills.

i can set fire groups to attack and they start attacking but the tr just follows me around.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 am

Biggcarl wrote:
Sylver wrote:

ok trying now

ok things starting to look a whole lot better still having issues getting the TR to attack with at wills.

Good catch - something that I need to add as well. If you look in the action groups, there should be one for Trickster Rogue - I see your character is set up for it. Now, ISBoxer balks at adding kemaps into code using action groups that are empty, and nobody has every used TRs with NeverBoxer 1.0, you are the first to see this. :o

You will need to go into the Combat key map. Look at the Mouse 1 Attack and Mouse 2 Attack keymaps. There you will see GF, DC and CW all attacking. You will need to add TR to that keymap. In fact, for all combat - every class now has specific attacks that can be added. This is by design - it lets you create complex attacks with a mix of different character types. This was intended to be in the NeverBoxer Play Guide, but I can see that I need to add some reference to the setup for people using TRs, Rangers and any new classes that come along.

Go through the combat key maps and add your TR wherever you see a GF and that should get you started down the right path. If you would rather, you can also use the Melee action group, but that is pretty generalized and takes away from the attack customization potential.
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:58 am

Biggcarl,

Maybe once you have your TRs configured a week or so from now, you can privatepaste your TR keymaps to the thread. I'll gladly add them as the default TR settings for the config. :)
- Sylver
<<

AmmerBo

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Sylver wrote:
AmmerBo wrote:So what your saying is, that if all my in game characters are named like this "FirstName LastName" or "Fruit Loops". I'm screwed. can't use neverboxer without renaming them all with without spaces?????

Nobody has yet to find a workaround for this issue and it has been discussed in other threads already as well. The problem is actually Neverwinter - the target and invite commands are *very* picky and for names with a space in the middle, those cryptic commands simply don't work.

Since Cryptic makes us pay for name changes, this is a real problem...

If you are wanting to multi-box, it is best to make a party all at once and level them together for sharing content (skirimishes, dungeons, etc while leveling).

It is unfortunate that one has to start new characters or spend some AD/Zen to get character's names changed - sry. :cry:

Weird because I'm doing this now with no issues. I just have to use full@names. This seems to work for me and all my chars have white spaces.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:28 pm

AmmerBo wrote:
Sylver wrote:
AmmerBo wrote:So what your saying is, that if all my in game characters are named like this "FirstName LastName" or "Fruit Loops". I'm screwed. can't use neverboxer without renaming them all with without spaces?????

Nobody has yet to find a workaround for this issue and it has been discussed in other threads already as well. The problem is actually Neverwinter - the target and invite commands are *very* picky and for names with a space in the middle, those cryptic commands simply don't work.

Since Cryptic makes us pay for name changes, this is a real problem...

If you are wanting to multi-box, it is best to make a party all at once and level them together for sharing content (skirimishes, dungeons, etc while leveling).

It is unfortunate that one has to start new characters or spend some AD/Zen to get character's names changed - sry. :cry:

Weird because I'm doing this now with no issues. I just have to use full@names. This seems to work for me and all my chars have white spaces.

That's great news! Perhaps it has been fixed by Cryptic at some point in time? I'll make sure to remove that from the guide then. :D

Have you tried using the party invites?
- Sylver
<<

AmmerBo

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Sylver wrote:

I stopped trying to install neverboxer when I got to the part and the char names. Does that just effect the targeting and inviting?

I do inviting like this because shoving it all on one line does not work well.
I create a multi step key that invites one char per issued command. Then I programmed my G13 to send 5 of the same key presses for one press.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:22 pm

AmmerBo wrote:
Sylver wrote:

I stopped trying to install neverboxer when I got to the part and the char names. Does that just effect the targeting and inviting?

I create a multi step key that invites one char per issued command. Then I programmed my G13 to send 5 of the same key presses for one press.

I know it affects the inviting, targeting should be ok since I did alot of re-writing of the code; just haven't tested it against the white space names since I rewote it. I expect that you should be able to use 90% of what the config has to offer. =)
- Sylver
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Sylver wrote:
AmmerBo wrote:
Sylver wrote:

I know it affects the inviting, targeting should be ok since I did alot of re-writing of the code; just haven't tested it against the white space names since I rewote it. I expect that you should be able to use 90% of what the config has to offer. =)

So i have never been really good at using my f1 keys. I have a razor naga epic and ive always had my attacks hot keyed assigned to this. right now 1-6 basically controls everything for the main character. 11 is sun burst round robin and 12 is astral shield round robin. Ive noticed Tab is slot 1 divinity. and caps is divinity for both the clerics, which really isnt a big deal because i have sunburst and astral shield on round robin. but i have no way of activating stealth for the rogue. what do you suggest for activating stealth for the rogue.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Ok so ill break down exactly what, and how i plan on handling this. I will make a list and you tell me if it makes sense to you.

I am gonna play the CW by far the most involved role in the instance is the CW. By playing the CW a few things need to happen kinda of "own their own"

1. GF needs to Charge and use enforced threat and then Front line surge. I want this to happen as easy and fast as possible. Preferably during normal play of the CW.( So i changed F1-Q all of Guardian fighters(Lunging strike), F2-E all of Guardian Fighters(Enforced threat), F3-R all of Guardian Fighters (Frontline surge))

2. TR basically same thing as the GF want him to run up to the mobs Drop smoke bomb then go stealth use lashing blade then then just spam At- will duelist flurry untill smoke bomb comes off CD.(F1-Q all of TR (Deft Strike) F2-E All of TR (smoke Bomb),F3 all of TR ( lashing blade)). (second update to this similar to the Clerics i set a macro for my q e r in my naga epic it now does q and f1, e and f2, r and f3.)

3. Clerics are pretty much fine i have 2 hot keys set up 1 for Sunburst round robin 1 for astral shield Round robin, I just have to figure out how to get Forge masters flame to work.(huge aoe heal in divinity about 3k-5k plus if the damage crits aoe heal from the crit damage portion) (So didnt have to change anything for this one i just put forgemasters flame in E slot which is single target heal hot key so i just use divinity then shift+- to cast Forgemasters in round robin.) ( Second update to this in options menu change under gamplay location targeting activation to "On release" this will cause instantly to drop Astral shield at location. Also i set my Naga as macros so when i press 12 it sends caps lock first then presses 12 then pushes caps lock again

4. Attack target with out having to mark it for a fire team. If i do not mark the target for a fire team they will not attack. (auto assist main)

edit: made Bold changes so far.
Last edited by Biggcarl on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter