FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:22 am

Re: GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Lax discovered an ISBoxer issue that may be causing the problem:

lax wrote:I actually had to dig through your install instructions to find out why this would be blank. Turns out when I added the "highlight to add the virtual file" method (in addition to the old Click and Drag method) it didn't include auto-assigning the virtualization filename.

The fix is now available via Help->About ISBoxer, and you can update your instructions to just tell them to have the latest ISBoxer via Help->About at the install part of the guide, instead of necessarily filling in the Virtual File info manually.
Code:
ISBoxer 41.4.0803.1
    * Fixed a bug with the new highlighting method of assigning Virtual Files, where a newly-assigned Virtual File was not assigned a 'Virtualize as' filename

I'm changing the guide now - please report back in if this fixes the virtualization issue and you no longer have manually load binds. I really am hopeful this works!
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:33 am

Sylver wrote:Lax discovered an ISBoxer issue that may be causing the problem:
lax wrote:I actually had to dig through your install instructions to find out why this would be blank. Turns out when I added the "highlight to add the virtual file" method (in addition to the old Click and Drag method) it didn't include auto-assigning the virtualization filename.

The fix is now available via Help->About ISBoxer, and you can update your instructions to just tell them to have the latest ISBoxer via Help->About at the install part of the guide, instead of necessarily filling in the Virtual File info manually.

ISBoxer 41.4.0803.1 * Fixed a bug with the new highlighting method of assigning Virtual Files, where a newly-assigned Virtual File was not assigned a 'Virtualize as' filename
I'm changing the guide now - please report back in if this fixes the virtualization issue and you no longer have manually load binds. I really am hopeful this works!
Please also try it on your ones that were failing.

It will be interesting if this fixes teams already setup or if we have to do the setups again from scratch.

It will interesting if Handle vs UserName is an issue but regardless I think we also need to be clear where we use CharacterName vs Handle vs Username. Even if that ends up not being related to this I think you may want to document your username/account name verses your handles for each account (I am having trouble distinguishing mine) in case you are ever hacked or have to recover your account with Perfect World/Cryptic.

EDIT: Taking existing Characters in Character_Sets that aren't currently auto-loading and then un-highlighting both, moving away, then coming back and re-highlighting , then re-exporting/re-launching doesn't fix it. Going to try to work up the energy to start all over (sigh).
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:13 pm

lax wrote:
Sylver wrote:Lax,

Follw up question for you..

Will people need to recreate their characters and sets for this to "fix" them, or will ISBoxer automatically fix the virtualization on export to Innerspace?

ISBoxer will not automatically fill in the empty "Virtualize as" field when you Export.

Existing Characters can be updated with a corrected Virtual File; just delete the Virtual File from the Character and re-add it.

My initial tests are not confirming this - still getting problems with binds not loading and /bind_save_file shows an empty file.

Going to re-create the characters and sets and see if that helps.

EDIT: Not even re-creating the sets solved the problem. Are you all getting the same results?
- Sylver
<<

Biggcarl

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:55 pm

nodoze wrote:Sylver,

Can you build a quick spreadsheet and map out for your accounts that are working and the ones that are NOT working with the following columns and see if you see a pattern ?:

-CharacterName: Called just 'Character' in email system by Cryptic. CharacterName (may have whitespaces with a Firstname & Lastname but mine are all single "Firstname" only);

-@Handle: We have been calling this AccountName but in the mail system Cryptic calls it '@Handle' and I think we should also to be clear;

-UserName: From the Login Screen and at least on one of my accounts the UserName does NOT match the Handle (but I am not 100% sure that is always the case); To me at least this could alternatively be called AccountName and I believe is ideally different from the Handle which is used for email and forum posts for security purposes to protect your UserNames.

-email@4Account: This is the email address for the account that you can put alternatively instead of "UserName" when logging in;

-Bindings_Autoloading?: Yes/No entry denoting whether the Bindings are auto-loading or not;

-GamePrefs-Entry: What is exactly is currently in the ISBoxer characters' > Virtual Files > Gameprefs.Pref > 'Virtualize as' field;

-Cryptic-Launcher Entry: What exactly is currently in the ISBoxer characters' > Virtual Files > Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher/ > 'Virtualize as' field;

some of my accounts i can log in via my @handle with out the @ some of my accounts i cannot i mostly log in via the email i created them through
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Carl, did you get my private message? It would be a big help in sorting the binds out on this spreadsheet Im building for comparison with Nodoze.

Thanks!
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:27 pm

I save as much as I can and things weren't making sense as usernames I used to register were sometimes working and sometimes weren't (current email addresses were all fine but not all usernames). I keep all my emails and screenshot or save to pdf web-pages so I was able to trace my accounts through the email changes and verify everything that I was typing from memory but weren't working for usernames...

I did some research and found the following:

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/an ... inking-faq

Reading the above shows that they have been merging things and trying to link things and sometimes things were reserved fine and sometimes not... Before certain dates things worked one way and after other dates other ways and before certain dates they could handle emails with periods in the first part and on other dates not... Basically be prepared for inconsistency... The more time between the creation of your accounts and the variation of the source of creation (one game vs another game vs a promotion vs the parent site, etc) be prepared for decisions to have been made in the background for you to keep things magically working...

The good news is that you should be able to get whatever your current username is from the following URL:

https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

Of my 7 accounts I found the following:

- 2 had their username set somehow to be the same as the current email associated with the account (not sure what will happen if I change my email) and the other 5 had different UserNames/AccountNames than their emails (which were the usernames I used when I created the accounts); Of the 7 usernames I used when creating my accounts 5 were still valid and I guess 2 of the usernames I created originally are now gone...

- All 7 had different @Handles than their email addresses or usernames...

To make things even more fun, reading the above indicates that there is also possible Forum_Name which may or may not be the same as your @Handle but thankfully I don't think that Forum_Name comes into play with binds or ISBoxer in any way...

EDIT: For the 2 accounts where the email address appears to be the username, I confirmed the username is actually a computer generated sequence and the ID page and what not is programmed to just return the email rather than give you the actual username. In reality the username is behind the scenes a 17 digit username that looks something like:

#1#25199999999999
#1#96999999999999

Both of my new usernames have the number sign in the 1st & 3rd digit with the number 1 in-between them and the rest of the digit's seem to be random numbers (the above are mine with the 7th-17th digits replaced with 9's if they weren't 9's already). I can type in these as my username and login fine.
Last edited by nodoze on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:50 pm

nodoze wrote:I save as much as I can and things weren't making sense as usernames I used to register were sometimes working and sometimes weren't (current email addresses were all fine but not all usernames). I keep all my emails and screenshot or save to pdf web-pages so I was able to trace my accounts through the email changes and verify everything that I was typing from memory but weren't working for usernames...

I did some research and found the following:

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/an ... inking-faq

Reading the above shows that they have been merging things and trying to link things and sometimes things were reserved fine and sometimes not... Before certain dates things worked one way and after other dates other ways and before certain dates they could handle emails with periods in the first part and on other dates not... Basically be prepared for inconsistency... The more time between the creation of your accounts and the variation of the source of creation (one game vs another game vs a promotion vs the parent site, etc) be prepared for decisions to have been made in the background for you to keep things magically working...

The good news is that you should be able to get whatever your current username is from the following URL:

https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

Of my 7 accounts I found the following:

- 2 had their username set somehow to be the same as the current email associated with the account (not sure what will happen if I change my email) and the other 5 had different UserNames/AccountNames than their emails (which were the usernames I used when I created the accounts); Of the 7 usernames I used when creating my accounts 5 were still valid and I guess 2 of the usernames I created originally are now gone...

- All 7 had different @Handles than their email addresses or usernames...

To make things even more fun, reading the above indicates that there is also possible Forum_Name which may or may not be the same as your @Handle but thankfully I don't think that Forum_Name comes into play with binds or ISBoxer in any way...

Man, this rabbit hole went really deep! =P I'm working the spreadsheet now ... I'll let you all know what I come up with.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Sylver wrote:Carl, did you get my private message? It would be a big help in sorting the binds out on this spreadsheet Im building for comparison with Nodoze.

Thanks!

Man, this rabbit hole went really deep! =P I'm working the spreadsheet now ... I'll let you all know what I come up with.
Well at least I now know why I couldn't login via some of my usernames. At least I have some comfort that I am not losing my memory as something somewhere did change behind the scenes.

It may be that you hold the key if you still have some that work and some that don't. None of my accounts are working nor have ever been able to auto-load my bindings from ISBoxer from my original setup to KISS though NeverBoxer v0.3, v0.6, v0.8, v0.9a, nor v1.0.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:00 pm

nodoze wrote:
Sylver wrote:Carl, did you get my private message? It would be a big help in sorting the binds out on this spreadsheet Im building for comparison with Nodoze.

Thanks!

Well at least I now know why I couldn't login via some of my usernames. At least I have some comfort that I am not losing my memory as something somewhere did change behind the scenes.

It may be that you hold the key if you still have some that work and some that don't. None of my accounts are working nor have ever been able to auto-load my bindings from ISBoxer from my original setup to KISS though NeverBoxer v0.3, v0.6, v0.8, v0.9a, nor v1.0.

I have 2 characters that do work in an old character set, and I recreated them following the most recent guide and now they dont. I'm loading the previous set and comparing... hopefully that will provide some answers. :)
- Sylver
<<

graebeerd

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:59 pm

I had a question regarding setting up the characters. in the guide, you only mention setup of the first character, so some assumptions must be made as to the rest.

1st character is setup with Do Init SLOT1 in Initialization Key Map -> self.

I would assume, that character 2 would be setup as: Do Init SLOT2 in Initialization Key Map -> self, and character 3 as SLOT3, Characte 4 as SLOT4, Etc.

However, looking at the characters that are already setup when you open the NeverBoxer XML file,

Character 1 = Do Init SLOT1 in Initialization Key Map -> self
Character 2 = Do Init SLOT1 in Initialization Key Map -> self
Character 3 = Do Init SLOT2 in Initialization Key Map -> self
Character 4 = Do Init SLOT4 in Initialization Key Map -> self
Character 5 = Do Init SLOT5 in Initialization Key Map -> self

I'm going to continue setup with the assumption that each character should be in its corresponding SLOT # in the init key map.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter