FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Re: GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Biggcarl wrote:ok so i had to make divinity on and off as 2 steps so it goes like this

tab-cleric
look down -cleric
astral shield-cleric
look up - cleric

step 2 tab-cleric

this is working great now they alternate casting astral shield at their feet i basically have 100% up time on astral shield now its wonderful.

Fire team 3 thing is working great auto assist basically. ive got taunt and smoke bomb working great things are going well . gonna try Cloak Tower with this set up.
Biggcarl wrote:so first boss down in CT with the new config its freaken awesome!
Excited! Glad to hear it. That look down cast on self was one of my biggest concerns & I deemed it to be one of the key Lynch-pins to a successful run. I tested it extensively with the target dummies and the training golems but unfortunately I only have a GF+DC at 60 so can't do 5mans (yet).

My concern was that things would get out of sync in boss fights but my hope was that it would reset and be fine after a rotation. If you have any observations or improvements please add them to the original thread "Solved: Casting AoE centered on Self (building block)...":

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4348

Sylver, NeverBoxer is way cool so don't sweat the small stuff. We will get a clean install/config going. You did a great job and it is a great tool. Look at the results & reaction first time out of the chute !
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:45 pm

nodoze wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:ok so i had to make divinity on and off as 2 steps so it goes like this

tab-cleric
look down -cleric
astral shield-cleric
look up - cleric

step 2 tab-cleric

this is working great now they alternate casting astral shield at their feet i basically have 100% up time on astral shield now its wonderful.

Fire team 3 thing is working great auto assist basically. ive got taunt and smoke bomb working great things are going well . gonna try Cloak Tower with this set up.
Biggcarl wrote:so first boss down in CT with the new config its freaken awesome!
Excited! Glad to hear it. That look down cast on self was one of my biggest concerns & I deemed it to be one of the key Lynch-pins to a successful run. I tested it extensively with the target dummies and the training golems but unfortunately I only have a GF+DC at 60 so can't do 5mans (yet).

My concern was that things would get out of sync in boss fights but my hope was that it would reset and be fine after a rotation. If you have any observations or improvements please add them to the original thread "Solved: Casting AoE centered on Self (building block)...":

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4348

Sylver, NeverBoxer is way cool so don't sweat the small stuff. We will get a clean install/config going. You did a great job and it is a great tool. Look at the results & reaction first time out of the chute !

Glad to hear that Biggcarl is having so much success with the new build! :D

Equally glad to hear that your look up/down is working so well with astral shield - that will take us farther as well. ;)

Appreciate the support - I'll get the kinks worked out and get the build back up in short order without these wrinkles....
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:53 pm

nodoze wrote:Are your binds auto-loading or are you having to type /bind_load_file isboxer-SetName-CharacterName-binds.txt?

I've got this suspicion that it has something to do with the character sets. Characters that were not previously in a set work fine, but if they were at some point in a set before, the binds get messed. I think I need to talk to lax on this one as it appears to be something with ISBoxer/Innerspace's Cryptic Helper, virtualization and character sets.
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:13 am

How does the performance of this new version compare to the previous one? Just curious if some of my enhancements under the hood have improved anything... my rig is rather high-end, so the differences are harder to tell.

Feedback plz? :?:
- Sylver
<<

Biggcarl

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:14 am

Sylver wrote:How does the performance of this new version compare to the previous one? Just curious if some of my enhancements under the hood have improved anything... my rig is rather high-end, so the differences are harder to tell.

Feedback plz? :?:

Ya i have an 8 core 4.2 ghz processor and 32 gigs of ram with a SSD drive so ya it runs good for me haha
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:37 am

Nodoze, got a lead on what might be causing the binds to not load and your guys' ISboxer-binds.txt file issue... seems to correspond to the empty virtualization fields.

Hopefully lax can help shed some light on what the issue behind it is.

Once we know for certain, then I'll push version 1.0a out.

What I did learn for certain was that I've not been having this problem with my characters while the two of you have. I always wondered why... now I know.

Remember those blank virtualized fields (where you guys put the name@account) ....

For my characters where it's always been working correctly... and automaticaly somehow.

the virtualized Game.Prefs looks like this: Gameprefs-Moondancer.Pref

and the virtualized Software/Cryptic/Launcer looks like this: Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher-Moondancer/

Try changing the virtualized settings to those (well, using your character names of course :lol:) and see if your binds start loading automatically then. If so, that would be a step forward.
- Sylver
<<

Biggcarl

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:41 am

Sylver wrote:Nodoze, got a lead on what might be causing the binds to not load and your guys' ISboxer-binds.txt file issue... seems to correspond to the empty virtualization fields.

Hopefully lax can help shed some light on what the issue behind it is.

Once we know for certain, then I'll push version 1.0a out.

What I did learn for certain was that I've not been having this problem with my characters while the two of you have. I always wondered why... now I know.

Remember those blank virtualized fields (where you guys put the name@account) ....

For my characters where it's always been working correctly... and automaticaly somehow.

and the virtualized Software/Cryptic/Launcer looks like this: Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher-Moondancer/

Try changing the virtualized settings to those (well, using your character names of course :lol:) and see if your binds start loading automatically then. If so, that would be a step forward.

ill work on it some tomorrow i just cleared epic temple of spider and epic Cloak Tower time for bed.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 am

Sylver wrote:Nodoze, got a lead on what might be causing the binds to not load and your guys' ISboxer-binds.txt file issue... seems to correspond to the empty virtualization fields.

I actually had just put CharacterName in both boxes as I believe Biggcarl did as well.

I replaced them but had no success with:

Gameprefs-CharacterName.Pref
Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher-CharacterName/

Nor:

Gameprefs-CharacterName@Handle.Pref
Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher-CharacterName@Handle/

I have deja-vu as I remember trying all of these combos (and more) on v0.9a as well. In fact on v0.9a I think I also at least tried the combos of having one with CharacterName and CharacterName@Handle & vice-versa (and I tried to save every version of my ISboxer XML file by release to be able to go back & verify what I tested if needed so I have dozens out there incremented by release)...

One thing I denoted is that there are actually 4 identifiers and I highly recommend we be very precise when discussing them going forward as follows:

-CharacterName: Called just 'Character' in email system by Cryptic. CharacterName (may have whitespaces with a Firstname & Lastname but mine are all single "Firstname" only);

-@Handle: We have been calling this AccountName but in the mail system Cryptic calls it '@Handle' and I think we should also to be clear;

-UserName: From the Login Screen and at least on one account the UserName does NOT match the Handle but I am not 100% sure that is always the case as when I log out sometimes I see weird values in this box (maybe my Keybinds are putting those in there?); To me at least this could alternatively be called AccountName and I believe is ideally different from the Handle which is used for email and forum posts for security purposes to protect your UserNames.

-email@4Account: This is the email address for the account that you can put alternatively instead of "UserName" when logging in;
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:07 am

Sylver,

Can you build a quick spreadsheet and map out for your accounts that are working and the ones that are NOT working with the following columns and see if you see a pattern ?:

-CharacterName: Called just 'Character' in email system by Cryptic. CharacterName (may have whitespaces with a Firstname & Lastname but mine are all single "Firstname" only);

-@Handle: We have been calling this AccountName but in the mail system Cryptic calls it '@Handle' and I think we should also to be clear;

-UserName: From the Login Screen and at least on one of my accounts the UserName does NOT match the Handle (but I am not 100% sure that is always the case); To me at least this could alternatively be called AccountName and I believe is ideally different from the Handle which is used for email and forum posts for security purposes to protect your UserNames.

-email@4Account: This is the email address for the account that you can put alternatively instead of "UserName" when logging in;

-Bindings_Autoloading?: Yes/No entry denoting whether the Bindings are auto-loading or not;

-GamePrefs-Entry: What is exactly is currently in the ISBoxer characters' > Virtual Files > Gameprefs.Pref > 'Virtualize as' field;

-Cryptic-Launcher Entry: What exactly is currently in the ISBoxer characters' > Virtual Files > Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher/ > 'Virtualize as' field;
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:13 am

Sounds logical - Ill give it a shot today and let you know what I come up with.

Glad to hear tat you are clearing Epics now - quite an improvement.... Need to get this in people's hands once this issue is squeclched! :D
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter