FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

mrmagoo wrote:Nope. As I quite clearly mentioned in section 3, paragraph a), statement iixv) of my phd thesis of this problem it is not possible. :shock:

Shame on you for missing that?! :lol:

The launcher uses the reg key - "Software/Cryptic/Neverwinter/LauncherCommandLine"
Stupid since it does not use the already duplicated/redirected key folder - ".../Cryptic Launcher/"

So it is not in the directory that is duplicated. If you change it for one, it changes for all.

I am not sure how you create a new registry redirection via configuration and asked that question. (I assume it is hard coded and not possible?) Unless it recognises "Software/" as a registry special prefix - which would be a bit of a hacky way to implement this if it did!

I have not tried that because I assumed this was just wishful thinking on my part. :)

That would be one "easy" way around this if you could.

Lax might be able to do it... hmm - let's ask him. :)
- Sylver
<<

mrmagoo

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:47 pm

That would be awesome. Even Awesemorerer would be being able to config custom reg entries like you can files.

Then you could have people crying in the forum having taken out their entire windows installation!

Nothing like letting people hack around in the windows registry for a laugh. :twisted:

I'll bring the popcorn...
<<

mrmagoo

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:32 am

Ok. Something strange is going on today. I have a feeling it was the new patch because this all worked last night!

As far as I can tell a macro can no longer trigger the loading of a bind file. Either that or I am going crazy. So that is that solution gone. :(

I know that chaining macro sets is sometimes considered a form of "cheating". e.g. You push the same button and it loads a different set.

Perhaps they are reading this forum and trying to mess with our heads? :)

PARANOIA!

Anyways. That registry redirect would be good! :mrgreen:

I will update the workaround...again...
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:42 pm

Since we don't have any "stickies" I am updating this thread to bump it to the top so that new people can find it easily... Note that I don't believe there are any recent changes to the downloads nor intstructions...
<<

Pureevil69

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:02 am

Hello, love it so far, how can i move the vfx window slot 3 to where slot 4 is for my 3 man teams, also is there a way to move the menu bars up. Thanks in advance
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:04 am

Pureevil69 wrote:Hello, love it so far, how can i move the vfx window slot 3 to where slot 4 is for my 3 man teams, also is there a way to move the menu bars up. Thanks in advance
Glad you like it as Sylver really put much passion into it and I also really like it and enjoyed beta testing it as he progressed through the versions.

It has been a long time since I modified any of the settings but the first thing I would say is to save your configuration as it is before starting and then with a new name each time you make a change so that you can reverse out your change easily if you don't like it or break something. I personally have mine saved as something like "NeverBoxer_v_1_1_v12_mod_others_spread.xml" as I was on my 12th change of Neverboxer 1.1 and had modified the keybind for spreading out.

If I remember correctly you would first need to determine which resolution you are playing in and change the settings there. In my case I am playing at 1920x1200 and to make the change I would:
-1) click, in the upper left side frame of ISBoxer, on the 'Initialization' section;
-2) click, in the lower left side frame, on the plus sign next to 'VFX 1920x1200' to expand it (do the one for your resolution);
-3) click, under 'VFX 1920x1200/steps', on the 'Show_Hide VFX SLOT2-5 Meters in Always On Key Map is now VFX SLOT2-5 Meters 1920x1200 in Always On Key Map -> all';
-4) under the lower right hand frame, navigate under 'Step/Actions' to the entry of "Video FX: 'is3_crop' -> 1" and write down that it is currently set at position '0,401' and size '300x400';
-5) under the lower right hand frame, navigate under 'Step/Actions' to the entry of "Video FX: 'is4_crop' -> 1" and write down that it is currently set at position '1620,0' and also size '300x400';
-6) switch the values in the positions above and the display location of 3 & 4 should be switched;
-7) At the top of Isboxer click on 'File\Export All to Inner Space' to verify your changes;

If your changes aren't what you wanted then at the top do File\Open on the previous version you saved and export it to InnerSpace to reverse out your changes.

Hopefully the above steps are clear and correct. It has been many months since I made changes and couldn't fully test them right now on my PC but I am pretty sure that is how to do it. If for some reason you have deleted the 4-5 settings because you are running a trio but didn't save the previous version, and are using a different resolution than 1920x1200 you can re-download Neverboxer and open it to look up the values for 4 for your resolution. Alternatively you can post here and I or someone else can try to look it up for you or you can just try various x,y settings till you get it to the position you want...

Hope that helps. Hopefully Sylver or someone else will chime in if I missed something or steered you the wrong direction.
<<

Pureevil69

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:17 am

Cool thanks that fixed that, but my current issue is that no matter what iset my graphics to ingame if i move it resets the main window to max which drops my frames down
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Pureevil69 wrote:Cool thanks that fixed that, but my current issue is that no matter what iset my graphics to ingame if i move it resets the main window to max which drops my frames down
If I can get to my system and launch everything I will see if I can replicate but I don't remember having that issue off hand. Not sure how to approach/fix.

I know that some people have pretty sophisticated monitor and graphics setups and have done more with those areas than I.

Hopefully Sylver or some of the other folk are able to chime in.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Pureevil69 wrote:Cool thanks that fixed that, but my current issue is that no matter what iset my graphics to ingame if i move it resets the main window to max which drops my frames down

Hi there,

When you say it resets the main window to max, do you mean that it makes it full size or increases the graphics detail to max?
- Sylver
<<

Pureevil69

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Its sets the graphics settings back to max rendering
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter