FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Pureevil69 wrote:Its sets the graphics settings back to max rendering

Ok, the actual command (bind) is found with the rest of the binds and is assigned to the Scroll Lock key. First, make sure the bind is valid, then make sure you haven't double-assigned the scroll lock key to another keymap or to another device such as a programmable mouse, keyboard, controller, etc. Also go in-game to verify that Neverwinter is seeing that bind as Scroll Lock.

Assuming then that your binds in-game and in ISBoxer/Neverboxer are correctly assigned, and that no other devices or keymaps are issuing Scroll Lock keypresses, we can look deeper.

The Targeting keymap contains a keymap called "SetF6 = TargetCurrentWindowSLOT1". This does the following:

- (Re)Activates F6 key to Target current SLOT character; virtualizes the F6 and formation/movement keymaps.

and...

- Sets current window to NORMAL renderscale; all others to LOW.

So, here you want to make sure that it flows like this in Step 1 (Follow in Paired Formation in Non-combat Key Map is now Follow in Paired Formation - SLOT 1 in Non-combat Key Map -> all)

The actions should start out with:

DoRenderScale LOW (Bind: Pause) in Always On Key Map -> all
DoRenderScale NORMAL (Bind: Scroll-Lock) in Always On Key Map -> 1
Focus window 'is1' (filter:isboxer&~dxnothing) on <Current Computer>
. the rest does not apply

If it does not look like this then it's not going to work. If you are missing the LOW, then all of the other windows will not get scaled down (including the current one, which gets changed in the 3rd line). You need the second line, of course, to scale back to Normal. It needs to be there because, actually, because you change in the 3rd line to another screen - the soon-to-be current. The screen swapping is VERY precise and if you start deleting code from it and not replacing it as above, stuff will break.

Try those out and see if it helps.
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:30 am

/bump/
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:22 am

Sylver wrote:/bump/
Hey Sylver! What games are you playing these days?
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 am

Hey NoDoze, nice to hear from you. Been busy with my own business startup and am currently beta testing Archeage. It has a tab-targeting system, so I'll be investigating whether or not it can run under ISBoxer and if so, I may do a config for it. =)
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Sylver wrote:Hey NoDoze, nice to hear from you. Been busy with my own business startup and am currently beta testing Archeage. It has a tab-targeting system, so I'll be investigating whether or not it can run under ISBoxer and if so, I may do a config for it. =)
Glad to hear. Let me know on Archeage. I may be able/willing to be one of your alpha-testers/guinea pigs again ;-)... A friend of mine recommended Archeage and he said it may be good for kids wanting to build stuff but from what I was hearing from other sources it may be a gankfest where people just come in and pillage your hard work... If that is the case then that isn't something I would want to expose my kids to unless there was a really strong faction that was fun/family-friendly...
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:49 am

Well, it looks like Archeage doesn't work with ISBoxer, so no multiboxing. As for the game itself, it looks intriguing, but once you build your house, farms, etc and start producing, you most likely will want to ship things across the ocean (pvp zone) and that's where you're likely to hard a hard time with your kids. As an alternative, you can sell your goods to neighboring areas, but for far less profit. I will let you know that there are still lots of humanoid enemies to fight, so that may be an issue for you - I know you mentioned that before.

I used to play Asheron's Call 2 alot, back in the day, and now that it's been revived, I may do a config for it. I was doing one for LOTRO and was almost finished, but now they are using a new loader and it causes nothing but troubles. I know you can download the entire game and install and still multibox, but having Steam loaded, it keeps wanting to update/install from there now. So I'll probably let the LOTRO version go. AC2 was pretty fun, so that may be something to try next.
- Sylver
<<

FranR

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm

I just installed neverboxer and run into a little snag. I followed the instructions but didn't get far ... When I try to export to Inner Sphere I get an error:

"Before you can export to Inner Space...

Step 1 in Mapped Key 'Disband Party' in Key Map 'Non-combat' Step 1 has a keystroke with no key combination."

So it won't even export and I can't continue with setting up a test to play with in Neverwinter. Mind you, this is simply after downloading the config file, extracting it to the correct folder, loading it into ISBoxer and then export. No edits yet whatsoever.

So, what do I do to fix this?

Regards,
Fran
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 pm

FranR wrote:I just installed neverboxer and run into a little snag. I followed the instructions but didn't get far ... When I try to export to Inner Sphere I get an error:

"Before you can export to Inner Space...

Step 1 in Mapped Key 'Disband Party' in Key Map 'Non-combat' Step 1 has a keystroke with no key combination."

So it won't even export and I can't continue with setting up a test to play with in Neverwinter. Mind you, this is simply after downloading the config file, extracting it to the correct folder, loading it into ISBoxer and then export. No edits yet whatsoever.

So, what do I do to fix this?

Regards,
Fran

Are you using a French keyboard setup, by chance? I've seen post by others using them that they had to reassign different keys because of the keyboard country settings. You might want to look in the forums and see which keys they used...
- Sylver
<<

FranR

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 am

Are you using a French keyboard setup, by chance? I've seen post by others using them that they had to reassign different keys because of the keyboard country settings. You might want to look in the forums and see which keys they used...

Actually, the key is missing from the step:

"Step
- actions
- Do Reactive Maps in Always On Key Map -> self
- <NO KEY> -> self
- Popup Text -> self

I'm assuming <no key> needs to be SHIFT - DELETE since it's called 'disband party (hotkey shift - delete'. However, if I look at the other actions, the key stroke don't match the action title. for example Solo Mount (hotkey: delete) has insert as key and there are others not matching, so i'm not sure what's going on.

I do have a dutch setting, but it's country netherlands and keyboard us 101. I also have a seperate default setting of US/US.

Not sure why the key strokes differ so much.
<<

FranR

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:01 am

The keystrokes are a mess still and I haven't heard much about it either unfortunately.

I have tried the simple setups dual boxing a GF with a DC and that works fine, ok kind of ... but, I really want to do the dungeons and instances, skirmishes and what not ... without a group (the LFG is a joke and people there are beyond rude, makes wow look like a kindergarten).

Wondering if there's a solution to my problem. I'll be testing it tomorrow on my laptop which is a native english and see if I can get that to work.

I'm kinda disappointed that I haven't heard anything.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter