FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aberrant Assault

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lemartes99

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 am

Re: Aberrant Assault

@nodoze - Yes that is how we have to do it. I got the abberant last boss down to 20% (Was not expecting a 2nd wave of adds) - Basically I save my divinity & dailys for the first set of adds. When they pop I can usually kill 1 outright with 5xForgemasters & Hammer of Titan. The sun nova will take care of the little guys.

Without the adds the bosses would be easy for my team, as the pets hold agro fine, i'm able to stay out of range of the bosses attacks, and forgemasters flame will heal the pets no prob.

Its just the DAMN ADDS! Even if the pets would stay put they would be ok, but a lot of the time when I attack the adds, the pets come, bringing the boss with them.

I hope crptic gives us some control over the pets in a future patch. This would solve everyone's poor AI complaints of them.
<<

zandokan

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Wll if it was for the adds I would destroy everything as well.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:35 pm

lemartes99 wrote:@nodoze - Yes that is how we have to do it. I got the abberant last boss down to 20% (Was not expecting a 2nd wave of adds) - Basically I save my divinity & dailys for the first set of adds. When they pop I can usually kill 1 outright with 5xForgemasters & Hammer of Titan. The sun nova will take care of the little guys.

Without the adds the bosses would be easy for my team, as the pets hold agro fine, i'm able to stay out of range of the bosses attacks, and forgemasters flame will heal the pets no prob.

Its just the DAMN ADDS! Even if the pets would stay put they would be ok, but a lot of the time when I attack the adds, the pets come, bringing the boss with them.

I hope crptic gives us some control over the pets in a future patch. This would solve everyone's poor AI complaints of them.
A few questions:

- By 'Hammer of Titan' do mean the Daily power 'Hammer of Fate' ?

- By 'Sun Nova' do you mean the Encounter power 'Sun Burst' in Divinity Mode with the knockback?

- Could you list what Class Features, At-Will, Encounter, & Daily Powers you typically have bound on your DC's when you go into Boss fights?

- Once the fight is established with your DC's away from the Boss, do you move them much or do they pretty much stay in one place and heal though what comes their way (red circles, etc)?

In regards to the last question I assume your DCx5 group is staying back from the boss and ranging the Boss & I am curious how much movement is required of your DCs if the Boss is away from them? Are they pretty much staying put and healing or are you on the move a lot?

The reason I ask is I was thinking that a GF+DCx4 could maybe work to control the fight better by having the GF + 5 tank pets swarm the boss until the adds come. If the GF is in your main window and you approach the boss with the GF (leaving the 4 DC's back) and start attacking at range with the DC's then all the pets could swarm the boss. When the adds come your GF will stay on the boss and taunt the boss to stay with the GF & the [adds EDIT: I meant pet Tanks] that branch off to the adds will only help off-tank them while you burn them down controlling the fight better. With the GF you could maybe tab-taunt an add or two as well to help.

The key with this approach is that you would need to be able to control the DCx4 effectively with them in the background and from my experience you can move some but it is hard to move a bunch. With GF in the Forground I would tank the Boss & turn to where I can see the DC and move the DC via double strikes of the arrow keys as needed. With only 1 DC I had to move out of red circles but with 4 DC's maybe they can be healed through.

I would appreciate your thoughts.
Last edited by nodoze on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lemartes99

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:04 pm

nodoze wrote:A few questions:

- By 'Hammer of Titan' do mean the Daily power 'Hammer of Fate' ?
Yes, the daily power. 5 of them does a good chunk of damage, especially if you can time it after buffs. I'm taking a break for a week, but will experiment so more with stuff to cat before that might up its damage

- By 'Sun Nova' do you mean the Encounter power 'Sun Burst' in Divinity Mode with the knockback?

Yes, sun burst. The AOE one.

- Could you list what Class Features, At-Will, Encounter, & Daily Powers you typically have bound on your DC's when you go into Boss fights?

Ok this i have been working on
Currently the first 3 chars have brand of the sun, the last 2 have astral seal. They have the appropriate feats to upgrade them. All have the other at will that grants temp HP. Class features is a bit of a mess on all of them, I am planning on redoing them for max DPS. The encounters i have been using is Sun burst, Forgemasters Flame, and Weaken the Soul on 4 of them (I think thats what its called) and Astral Shield on me. Some boss fights required Healing way instead of weaken the soul. Recently i've been trying a second Astral Shield instead of one of the Sun burst on one of the clones. Dailys are Hammer and the Angel One

- Once the fight is established with your DC's away from the Boss, do you move them much or do they pretty much stay in one place and heal though what comes their way (red circles, etc)?

Stay in one place and heal. If i have to move much I die, this has been the determining factor for which bosses I have killed.

In regards to the last question I assume your DCx5 group is staying back from the boss and ranging the Boss & I am curious how much movement is required of your DCs if the Boss is away from them? Are they pretty much staying put and healing or are you on the move a lot?

Ya I try to stand WAAAAY back, so i'm out of range from everything. The pet tanks have no problems staying up with all the healing they get. And I can heal through adds no problem, And i can heal through the BOSSES AOE no prob. I can't heal through both though (At least in my T1 gear I can't)

The reason I ask is I was thinking that a GF+DCx4 could maybe work to control the fight better by having the GF + 5 tank pets swarm the boss until the adds come. If the GF is in your main window and you approach the boss with the GF (leaving the 4 DC's back) and start attacking at range with the DC's then all the pets could swarm the boss. When the adds come your GF will stay on the boss and taunt the boss to stay with the GF & the adds that branch off to the adds will only help off-tank them while you burn them down controlling the fight better. With the GF you could maybe tab-taunt an add or two as well to help.

The key with this approach is that you would need to be able to control the DCx4 effectively with them in the background and from my experience you can move some but it is hard to move a bunch. With GF in the Foreground I would tank the Boss & turn to where I can see the DC and move the DC via double strikes of the arrow keys as needed. With only 1 DC I had to move out of red circles but with 4 DC's maybe they can be healed through.

Yes I think this is our best choice and I have a level 53 Tank I am adding to my group. Basically start the boss fight, run around and get agro, then start DPS. Once adds pop have the tank gather what he can and hope the pet tanks stay on the boss.

I Think GF+4DC really is our only hope, as you really cant move your clones in this game, since with hard target lock they end up facing different directions, so your only choice is to heal through stuff.
I think with the right build they can still do decent DPS, and burst DPS is more important for us anyways to get rid of that annoying add.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:47 pm

lemartes99 wrote:
nodoze wrote:A few questions: ...
Yes I think this is our best choice and I have a level 53 Tank I am adding to my group. Basically start the boss fight, run around and get agro, then start DPS. Once adds pop have the tank gather what he can and hope the pet tanks stay on the boss.

I Think GF+4DC really is our only hope, as you really cant move your clones in this game, since with hard target lock they end up facing different directions, so your only choice is to heal through stuff.
I think with the right build they can still do decent DPS, and burst DPS is more important for us anyways to get rid of that annoying add.
Very heartening response that at least 5mans might be do-able. Due to movement issues I also think the GF+DCx4 is likely the only or at least the less chaotic way (slow but steady healing through everything). I have been playing my cleric solo to learn the class and I think the DC T2 Miracle gear is BiS & would boost up the whole team a serious notch. The following are the treads that I used to make a Tanky build that is all AoE based healing and focused on rapid Divine Meter & Action Point regen for rapid Dailies:

AoE Meter build: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... ik-s-build)

Tanky: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... -and-build

DC BiS gear: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... cle+healer

Changes with Linked Spirit: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... -GODLY-lol

So basically I am doing the Tanky version with Linked Spirit factored in though it may be hard to time the benefits.

EDIT: Regarding:
lemartes99 wrote: quote nodoze .... Once adds pop have the [GF] tank gather what he can and hope the pet tanks stay on the boss. ...
I suspect that you may have the same problem in that the Tank companions will do what they did before and go to the ADDs but that maybe that will be a good thing in the end if you change the role of the GF. I am not sure if the pet/companion Tanks are doing that at random or because your focus shifts to the Adds and they adjust off the Boss or what not but in the end they may not be reliable/controllable when you have multiple targets...

The above being said the only thing you may be able to control in the end is the GF & you may not be able to rely on the pets to stay on a particular target...

My suggestion is that the GF Tank can stay on the Boss and keep Boss agro & turn and Tab taunt some of the adds (but not too many so that the GF isn't overrun) to help spread out the damage until the situation can be stabilized. If the companion Tank pets abandon the Boss temporarily and go Taunt the adds hopefully the GF Tank can Taunt & keep the Boss at bay while the companion Tanks give you time to pacify the Adds.

I look forward to hearing how your group does once you have a GF to maybe help control the fight more...
Last edited by nodoze on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:12 pm

zandokan wrote:Ok is not huge but I found a way to make Astral Shield and Bastion of health work with Tab and since Healing Word works in either stance I think this si going to help a little.
There is an option in game that you can change so ground spells trigger on release of the button. Hope that helps someone.

Can you put your keymap up? I'd like to incorporate that into my next build... it sure would save me the time having to re-figure out what you did from scratch. ;)
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:15 am

Sylver wrote:
zandokan wrote:Ok is not huge but I found a way to make Astral Shield and Bastion of health work with Tab and since Healing Word works in either stance I think this si going to help a little.
There is an option in game that you can change so ground spells trigger on release of the button. Hope that helps someone.
Can you put your keymap up? I'd like to incorporate that into my next build... it sure would save me the time having to re-figure out what you did from scratch. ;)
This tread is getting too large with many subtopics and I too would like to get a strong consistent healing from background healers... To that end I started separate threads where we can focus on separate lynch pins needed to shore up healing and hopefully run each issue to ground and document key binds... The things I currently see as lacking to make Background healing work consistently are:

-Issue #1: Missing "Effective Divinity Meter usage" so I created the thread titled 'Effective Slave Background DC Healer Divinity Meter leverage' & the URL is:
viewtopic.php?t=4347

- Issue #2: Missing "Effective Self AoE targeting" so I created the thread titled 'Can Background Slave consistently cast AoE centered on self?' & the URL is:
viewtopic.php?t=4348

- Issue #3: Missing "Effective Tank AoE targeting" so I created the thread titled 'Effective Slave Background Healer AoE targeting of Tank?' & the URL is:
viewtopic.php?t=4285
Previous

Return to Neverwinter