FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Foundry Suggestions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Re: Foundry Suggestions

OK I created a second wave of 13 "Ogre-type" Mobs with my custom skin for a total of 26 Hard/Elite mobs to hopefully make it last more than 15 minutes (if you go too fast you stop getting XP anyway).

Good News:
- It is doable to have many waves to make a quest really long and I did it two different ways:
[*] -- First with a second map but I didn't like having to change maps. This was pretty easy as I just copied the map and all the contents and each phase was clean where you only see the mobs for that phase on that map; If I was going to make it go on and on to be almost "endless" to any reasonable person I think having multiple maps helps "chunk it out" so things aren't so busy...
[*] -- Second with a single map so that you don't have to change maps between phases. This becomes problematic as you have to either place the MoBs on top of each other or stagger them. In my case my map kind looks like a clock face with you in the center and the MoBs at 1-12 (I actually have 13). In the case of Solo-Grind likely he only did 5 per phase so he could just stagger them around with a slight off-set.

Bad News:
- It is kinda tedious. I don't see a way to copy an entire wave. Unless you copy the map and are willing to change maps you have to create each mob one by one (several clicks) and then have to associate them with a phase (sereral more clicks) and then tell them to not appear until that phase starts (several more clicks).
- The foundry is buggy... I saw weird numbers when copying (same monster was tagged as encounter 108 on one screen and 109 on the other) etc... Even though I was able to do a test run of the copy of the quest with the second phase the client crashes when I try to change my test character's level or class (I am stuck at GF level 10). I started a ticket with Cryptic so if they fix it to where I can publish it I will. I would have been done sooner/faster than this but obviously took some time to figure things out (I didn't take any of the training) and I was fighting these bugs and had to keep restarting the client and getting the client's integrity re-verified.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:02 pm

Not liking to give up or wait on Cryptic, I went ahead and copied my original again and then did the copy map feature again and linked each MoB in the new map into the second phase again... It should be published next to the other one and I named it "Corrupted Avari redux (2 Waves)". It has 26 mobs and if we don't burn though it faster than 15 mins maybe it will count as a foundry one day...

EDIT: Short code is: NW-DJSEIOBIG and it took me ~20 mins with 2 Control Wizards (I didn't bring my 3 Clerics). With just their at-will frost rays they pretty much lock down the single pulled mobs and the Man-at-Arms companions swarm them taunting for agro so I didn't even need healing or the campfire for the Wizards...
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 pm

I like Solo Grind for my daily Foundry and been doing the new 'Corrupted Avari redux (2 waves)' for variety as both give good XP.

I did my first Skirmish (the level 23ish Black Dagger Pirate one) and got many blue items as recommended earlier.

With CWx2+DCx3 and 5 cD pets (the man-at-arms) it was pretty tough with him teleporting everywhere. I refreshed my get-outta-dodge abilities (NeverBoxer ` key) and after the Rez downed him. Before half way all 5 man-at-arms died though I rezzed my main Foreground windows one here and there. 1 of the DC's & the other CW went down and I was left with no tank pets, 2 DCs, & my a CW in the main Forground window... Long fight and thankfully my CW had solid agro due to DPS and the Pirate boss ignored the DCs or I would have been toast... I just kept running and teleporting using dailys and hit and runs while casting healing from the remaining 2 clerics...

I could have really used a GF Tank in that fight and glad it is over. I may go ahead and get at least 3 Epic Defender Tank Pets to see if they fare better but they may not really differentiate themselves over the Defender/Tank Man-at-Arms till they get to the higher levels...

If all skirmishes are like that then I don't know that I will be messing with them very often with a CWx2+DCx3 & will just wait till I catch up and can use my GF to taunt...
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:49 pm

nodoze wrote:I like Solo Grind for my daily Foundry and been doing the new 'Corrupted Avari redux (2 waves)' for variety as both give good XP.

I did my first Skirmish (the level 23ish Black Dagger Pirate one) and got many blue items as recommended earlier.

With CWx2+DCx3 and 5 cD pets (the man-at-arms) it was pretty tough with him teleporting everywhere. I refreshed my get-outta-dodge abilities (NeverBoxer ` key) and after the Rez downed him. Before half way all 5 man-at-arms died though I rezzed my main Foreground windows one here and there. 1 of the DC's & the other CW went down and I was left with no tank pets, 2 DCs, & my a CW in the main Forground window... Long fight and thankfully my CW had solid agro due to DPS and the Pirate boss ignored the DCs or I would have been toast... I just kept running and teleporting using dailys and hit and runs while casting healing from the remaining 2 clerics...

I could have really used a GF Tank in that fight and glad it is over. I may go ahead and get at least 3 Epic Defender Tank Pets to see if they fare better but they may not really differentiate themselves over the Defender/Tank Man-at-Arms till they get to the higher levels...

If all skirmishes are like that then I don't know that I will be messing with them very often with a CWx2+DCx3 & will just wait till I catch up and can use my GF to taunt...

BlackDagger - just park the CWs and DCs at the top of the stairs and let your tank pets (man at arms) beat on him and simply DPS him into the ground. CC any mobs that come after the CW/DCs and burn them down while they are entangled. Also, I have Sacred Flame (feated Moontouched) and my pets almost never die. If you're not using that as the DC At Will, give it a try. ;)

I'm guessing you went farther than the top of the stairs?
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:I like Solo Grind for my daily Foundry and been doing the new 'Corrupted Avari redux (2 waves)' for variety as both give good XP.

BlackDagger - just park the CWs and DCs at the top of the stairs and let your tank pets (man at arms) beat on him and simply DPS him into the ground. CC any mobs that come after the CW/DCs and burn them down while they are entangled. Also, I have Sacred Flame (feated Moontouched) and my pets almost never die. If you're not using that as the DC At Will, give it a try. ;)

I'm guessing you went farther than the top of the stairs?
My group was only level 22-27 at the time (can't remember exactly when I went into the skirmish). I am not sure of the skirmish name but I remember crossing a gorge or something on a long rope bridge and it opening up to a large area. I went around the main area to the far side and tried to start the fight with just my main wizard and the 5 man-at-arms. Once started the big pirate just teleported all around and pretty much could kill my squishy party members really fast & my man-at-arms companions pretty fast.

I am pretty sure that I won't get Moontouched until well after 30 as I think I only have heroic feats at this point. At level 27 my party members and their companion are currently not very well geared but at this point I am not that worried about it as I plan to have my GF in the party once I get these 5 new possible team members to 60.

Thanks & I will look closer at that feat/combo as I higher level and have access.
Previous

Return to Neverwinter