Toggle/Repeater Icons not showing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:08 am

Toggle/Repeater Icons not showing

Brood Keys build 20130622-0130
http://www.privatepaste.com/61e8dc8a4a

Problem 2. My toggle/repeater icons are no longer showing up. I broke them somehow. I think they are not initializing properly on launch or I screwed up the template they use. I was able to do five buttons before with no problem. I think it may not be able to accommodate eight. The size of the template was grayed out for some reason too.

I got this working now. All of the icons loaded up. I somehow chose the Layout Style to be Radial instead of Grid. This fixed it. I was able to install all of my keys successfully in both a 2x4 and 1x8 formation. I had some bad coding in the both the actions from the G-keys to the Mapped Key as well as the Mapped Keys themselves. I cleaned them up. They toggle like they are supposed to now.

Problem 2A. When the icons first load up, they show as all toggled off. The four new toggles are actually on. When I hit the hotkey for one of them, it doesn't change the icon, which is good I suppose since the toggle would be staggered and incorrect. The second press, it will toggle to the on icon. From there on out, everything is fine. I would still like the new non-repeat key sets to begin in the OFF toggle. It seems both of these problems will be solved together. I will look into flipping steps 1 and 2 of the "Activate ..." mapped keys.

Problem 2B. The icons are working, but just as indicator lights. I need to fiddle with them to work at click toggles as well.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Toggle/Repeater Icons not showing

They start out showing the OFF state because that's what is built into your Button Set. Each of the buttons says the background image is "repeater off", but has a different image for when the button itself is in the pressed state (which is while you're holding down the button to toggle).

Then for example your "Activate Mamba Maps" mapped key when you press the button for the first time is changing the background image to "key maps off" -- it started as "repeater off" and then when you first press the button, it's changing to "key maps off". When you press the button the second time, Step 2 of "Activate Mamba Maps" leaves the background image, but sets the Pressed image to "key maps pressed". So in any case, while you're not holding the button down, your image is either "repeater off" or "key maps off" and I'm not sure that's what you intended.

You appear to have some minor mistakes with Menu Overrides. On your "Toggle - Broods" menu, you have it configured without a Button Set by default, but specifically for Team 303 you have enabled overrides for both the Menu Template and the Button Set. Likewise, on "Toggles - Default" you have no Button Set configured at all which will make this particular menu show up but not do anything at all. Team 502 is also overriding the Button Set with no Button Set.
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 am

Re: Toggle/Repeater Icons not showing

Lax, thanks for taking the time to look at this. I know you're a busy guy. I will look into those. I disabled the other character sets for the time-being. Team 303 has all I need, with a tank, heal and DPS class. Once I get things running smoothly with the first team, then I will re-enable and begin trouble-shooting the rest. I made the other teams also purely MMO-S with no FTL, so they might be broken anyhow with some of my new changes.

Brood Keys build 20130622-0600
http://www.privatepaste.com/a79ed269ff

Buttons 7 and 8 were swapped in the button set, so I fixed it.
I also cleared the setting on the G-keys proper, which were giving me some weird results.

The click toggle is fixed now. They properly toggle on and off when you left click them on screen, with a couple glitches. The Hydra keys while ON, result in the left mouse click being disabled. I took the character set out of the Hydra Tank to make sure my main screen can still click on things, but the problem persists. I've been tinkering with doing a "when pressed" or "when pressed or released" for the mouse, since it's not like a regular keystroke where we take action when it's released. I think I misinterpreted the Remapped Key function though. I think it will completely change the key, not add a an additional broadcast to certain groups. The intent was for the Number keys to transmit Q E R etc to the DPS, not disable the Q E R keys for the tank. Actually I think the Q E R keys specifically are working alright for the tank. There is an unintended bug with the tank's mouse clicking, but it's clear it's within one of the Hydra maps. The problem clears up when I toggle the Hydra maps off. I can fix this by making the (1) doing something other than a remap, (2) changing the Hydra maps members to action groups instead of the whole character set, or (3) changing the Hydra maps members to specific characters.

I think I think the original theory may be flawed in what I originally wanted for the Hydra keys. To be honest, I am a little fuzzy on what I actually wanted. I was learning as I went and was tinkering with different projects at the same time. Maybe I should load up a simple mod and get some time driving toons about, so I can let need be the driver of innovation.

Return to Neverwinter