FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Who's at the Helm

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am

Who's at the Helm

I remapped my DPS group to ignore the Tab 1 2 Q E R Leftpress Rightpress 3 and use the Numberpad 7 8 9 4 5 6 1 2 3. I did the same with my Healer group, but they use Backslash Scroll Pause Ins Home PgUp Del End PgDn. These work even while the repeater is deactivated.

Problem A. I need them both to share the arrow keys. I can create an action group easy enough, called Driver. I need to select all characters in an action group (Healer or DPS) and give and temporarily assign then membership in the new group. I need to do this on a toggled hotkey. I want my G1 to select the healer group, G2 for the DPS, and G7 to

Problem B. My W A S D keystrokes pass through to the other toons if the repeater is active. I want that to happen. While the repeaters are toggled off, I want the keystrokes to be rerouted to the proper keys for the minions. When I hit Q, only tank does Q. When I hit Ins, only the Healer does Q. When I hit Num7, only the DPS does Q. I want to do this without swapping screens. When I have a repeater on, the minions ignore some keys, including W A S D. I need to set it up properly.
Last edited by Bishopwrath on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: Who's at the Helm

Bishopwrath wrote:I remapped my DPS group to ignore the Tab 1 2 Q E R Leftpress Rightpress 3 and use the Numberpad 7 8 9 4 5 6 1 2 3. I did the same with my Healer group, but they use Backslash Scroll Pause Ins Home PgUp Del End PgDn. These work even while the repeater is deactivated.

Problem 1. I need them both to share the arrow keys. I can create an action group easy enough, called Driver. I need to select all characters in an action group (Healer or DPS) and give and temporarily assign then membership in the new group. I need to do this on a toggled hotkey. I want my G1 to select the healer group, G2 for the DPS, and G7 to

Problem 2. My W A S D keystrokes pass through to the other toons if the repeater is active. I want that to happen. While the repeaters are toggled off, I want the keystrokes to be rerouted to the proper keys for the minions. When I hit Q, only tank does Q. When I hit Ins, only the Healer does Q. When I hit Num7, only the DPS does Q. I want to do this without swapping screens. When I have a repeater on, the minions ignore some keys, including W A S D. I need to set it up properly.
I don't think I ever use repeater but rather pass through selective keystrokes and commands to the slave(s).

The following config has all the game keys mapped for both the main front window and the background windows... It also has the main foreground window moving on WASD and the slave background window(s) moving on the arrow keys so both the Tank in the main and the other characters in the background can both be controlled simultaneously without messing with broadcasting.

I am not sure how to debug your current setup (nor do I have the time) so at this point I respectfully recommend you download and follow these KISS (Keep it Super Simple) instructions in Post 2 and then modify to taste:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4019&p=17389#p17389

If you want to create your own or do extensive modification you can look at Post 3 below it and it walks through how that was created by Norrin...
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:37 pm

This is my current config. I have a lot going. I had most of it working, then I got cocky. I will take a fresh look at it in a couple mins. A couple of you guys were asking for me to post it, so I cleaned it up and tossed it out there. Any help you can offer would be great. No need to spend a lot of time though. I will get it eventually.

Brood Keys build 20130619-1630
http://www.privatepaste.com/e807fd5a43

I broke up the different projects so I could trouble-shoot them one-by-one. It was quite overwhelming when I was working on one thing for 20 minutes then drifted off to another. Once I gave them a name, it cleared things up a lot and gave me some direction.

Problem 1. I need to start Viper (follow/assist F-keys), Cobra (Action Group Selection), Hydra (Healer and DPS Q E R keys for the Menu and Numberpad), and Mamba (Arrow Key movement) toggled off. This isn't a big deal, since I can toggle them off right away. The toggles are working well.

Problem 2. My toggle/repeater icons are no longer showing up. I broke them somehow. I think they are not initializing properly on launch or I screwed up the template they use. I was able to do five buttons before with no problem. I think it may not be able to accommodate eight. The size of the template was grayed out for some reason too.

Problem 3. Cobra isn't scripted yet. I was going to do arrow keys by direct hotkeys, but I think this will work better. Cobra offers more functionality. It will depend on me being able to temporarily assign all members from one action group to another one though. That seems a bit scripty.

Problem 4. I need to get Mamba up and running. It seems like it will be pretty easy, once I get Cobra working.

Problem 5. I need to get Viper working or disable it in order to put some straight binds in for follow, assist, etc.

Problem 6. Once Viper working, I can test Hydra. It seems to be working alright. I am skeptical about some of the keys though. These aren't your typical keys to use.
Last edited by Bishopwrath on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:33 am

Bishopwrath wrote:Problem 3. Cobra isn't scripted yet. I was going to do arrow keys by direct hotkeys, but I think this will work better. Cobra offers more functionality. It will depend on me being able to temporarily assign all members from one action group to another one though. That seems a bit scripty.

I think I have an option. I can make two Target Action Groups, one for Healer Drivers and another one for DPS Drivers. I can make a Toggle Action Group for each. I didn't know it was possible to turn off an action group altogether.

Return to Neverwinter