FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Custom Repeater Icons

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:47 am

Custom Repeater Icons

For a little zest, I modified the repeater on icon. There are 61 in all. The icons listed as 1 have transparent backgrounds. The ones with a 2 have a solid one. I thought it made them easier to see. For my own profile, I made multiple repeaters for the different action groups and enabled unique repeater icons for each. I attached it to the post.

INSTALLING ICONS

Step 1
Download them to somewhere you will remember them

Step 2
Extract them into your C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts\ISBoxer Images\ folder

Step 3
Open ISBoxer and (from the top left) select Menus > Standard

Step 4
Click (on the bottom left) right click on Images (global) and select New Image. It will search in the ISBoxer Images folder for new images to use. Pick one. The directory and filename are saved in the bottom right screen. You can edit the filename in the images (global) menu to whatever you like.

Step 5
(Top Left)
Select ISBoxer > Key Maps > Always On
(Bottom Left)
Select Always On > Mapped Keys > Activate Repeaters > Steps > 1
(Bottom Center)
Step > Action > "Change <NO BUTTON> in <NO CLICK BAR> -> Self
(Bottom Right)
Change the Image dropdown menu to what you like. It won't delete the default icon. It will just substitute it.
Step > Action > "Change Button 2 in Menu 'Toggles' -> Self
Change the Image dropdown menu to the same or different image. One icon will flip on when you hit the hotkey. The other will toggle on with the mouse click. I use the same image for both.

You can change the Step 2 images if you like, but I chose to leave them the same. I don't mind have the same image when the repeaters are toggled off.

INSTALLING EXTRA TOGGLE ICONS ON SCREEN
I kept most of this generic, so you can play with whatever roles or purpose you want to for your new button, however, I had to be specific in a couple parts. In this instance I made a repeat to healer group button. You can make a repeat to DPS, ranged, or melee as well. The steps are the same. I also took great care not to break the default buttons. The only modification I would recommend to the default menus is to change "Repeater ON" to Repeat to ALL ON" or something to that effect. Button 1 and 2 on the top of your screen are unchanged. This will add a button 3, 4, etc.

Step 1 - Make a Menu
Right Click and Copy (Top Left) ISBoxer > Menus > Toggles
Rename it to "Toggles - Custom" and select it

Step 2 - Make a Template
Select (Bottom Left) Toggles - Custom > Toggles
Right Click and Copy Toggles - Custom > Menus Templates > Toggles

Step 3 - Extend the row to accommodate your new buttons
Change (Bottom Center) "Number of Buttons" from 2 to 3 (or however many buttons you want).
Change "Grid Rows x Columns" from 1x2 to 1x3 (or however many buttons you want).

Step 4 - Make Toggle
Right Click and Make Copy of (Bottom Left) Toggles - Custom > Button Sets > Toggles

Step 5 - Make Button
"Copy Button to Clipboard" on (Bottom Middle) Button Set > Buttons > "Button 2: Broadcasting toggle"
Right-click on Button Set > Buttons and "Paste Button from Clipboard"
Copy as many buttons here as you need

Step 6 - Make Repeater Mapped Key
Select (Top Left) ISBoxer > Key Maps > Always On
Right Click and Make Copy of (Bottom Left) Always On > Activate Repeater
Rename the copy to "Activate Repeat to Healers"
Assign a new Hotkey

Step 7 - Configure Mapped Key for when it toggles on
Select (Bottom Left) Always On > Active Repeat to Healers > Steps > 1

Select (Bottom Middle) Step > Actions > repeater Target "All" -> self
Change (Bottom Right) New Repeater Target to "Group (others in): Healer"

Select (Bottom Middle) Step > Actions > Popup Text -> self
Change (Bottom Right) Text from "Broadcasting ON" to "Broadcast to Healers ON"

Select (Bottom Middle) Step > Actions >"Change Button 2 in Menu "Toggles" -> self"
Change (Bottom Right) on "Menu Button to Change", "Menu :Toggles" to "Menu: Toggles - Custom" and "Button "2" to "3"
Change (Bottom Right) "Background" image to your healer group icon **(edited: this was confusing before. All of the other images should be left the same. Only the background on the ON toggle needs to be changed.)

Step 8 - Configure Mapped Key for when it toggles off
(I opted to keep the icon the same when it toggles off, so I only had to get it to use my new toggle and button. If you want to change the OFF icon too, see the instructions for Step 7).

Select (Bottom Left) Always On > Active Repeat to Healers > Steps > 2
Change (Bottom Right) on "Menu Button to Change", "Menu :Toggles" to "Menu: Toggles - Custom" and "Button "2" to "3"

Step 9 - Assign Characters to Action Groups
Select in (Top Left) ISBoxer > Characters any Divine Cleric
Drag Healer title from (Top Left) ISBoxer > Action Target Groups to (Bottom Left) {character} > Action Target Groups

Step 10 - Tie your Mapped Key into your Button
Select (Bottom Center) Button Set > Buttons > "Button 3: Broadcasting Toggle"
Change the "Background" Image to your healer group icon

Select (Bottom Center) Button Set > Buttons > Button 3 > "Do Activate Repeater"
Change (Bottom Right) Mapped Key to "Activate Repeat to Healers"
Attachments
Custom Repeater Icons.zip
Custom Repeater Icons
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 610 times
Last edited by Bishopwrath on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Evilsquash

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Re: Custom Repeater Icons

Thanks for your effort, Good Post!!!

Return to Neverwinter