FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Profile Management

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Profile Management

I'm sure there are people who are content with one team, which is set up one particular way, using the same old keys to do the same hum-drum abilities. I am not one of those people, particularly since I still have a lot to learn. I keep making changes and improvements on my setup. I had been using the MMO-Standard profile for most of my team setups. I see some nice options in the MMO-Pro now though. I don't really want to scrap what I have though. The targeting system is completely different for one thing. The new method seems more sound, but I put a lot of work into the old ones. I would like a system that can save my old teams with everything intact. I think I understand the concept of saving the character sett to an XML and saving separate keybinds. The Key Maps are still mixed up though. I know I will break something if I try to mix and match these. When someone has a new idea for a character set or profile, the first thing they say to do is to clear. Again, I have things working well as they are. Can you guys give me some advise on how to organize all of this?
<<

Kaische

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Profile Management

Since you posted this in the subforum Neverwinter i'm assuming you only multibox this one game at a given time, right?
If you think further you can create a complete ISBoxer Profile for each game you want to multibox and load and then export profiles when you decide to change games.

How? In ISBoxer click on File then on "Save As" and save your work to a folder of your choice. Or click on File then on Open choose your "other" file and after loading don't forget to export to InnerSpace.

All hail go to Alge for this concept .... thanks for this idea :)

I for example saved all of my work with a similar concept. The folder i save my files into is a dropbox folder so it all get synced into the cloud. Another backup if you will.

What i do (i did only play LOTRO): I create a profile for my team and save it as something like #41-LOTRO-v4 (#41 = ISBoxer Build #41 .... LOTRO = name of the game ..... v4 = version 4)
Every time i do a major change i increase the version number.

Two weeks ago i decided to try marvel heroes ... watched the video Lax made, run the wizard, click, click, click, play! Easy as that :)
Now i have a file named "#41-MarvelHeroes-v2" and no interference with other keymaps or video fx settings.

And if i want to chang to that other game: in ISBoxer click Open, load my file, Strg+E ... play! :)
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Profile Management

I was thumbing through the plethora of xml saves in my game folder. Nice to know there are backups of backups. I did notice something peculiar though. The ISBoxer is writing to the bind files, using the /consolde. I don't think it recognizes it. Did you guys mean to use /console?

Return to Neverwinter