FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key Utilization

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:06 am

Key Utilization

ISBoxer does a good job of making usable templates that we can start using right away. The options available to tweak the character set to whatever we want to do is virtually endless. For me, that's good and bad. It's good in the sense that I will be able to customize everything just the way I want to; bad in the sense that I can break it really easily. I found it useful for me to make a spreadsheet listing all of the key combinations and show which ones are being used by what. My excel spreadsheet has saved comments to tell me which version of ISOBoxer, which game profile (Neverwinter Default, etc), which configuaration style (MMO-Standard, MMO-Pro), and other information like whether the per-character targeting macros are enabled. They didn't upload directly, so I will have to put them back in manually. When you're not sure which keys are available, you feel limited and disempowered to explore and try new things. When you look at the entire key mapping utilization from all sources at a glance, all of those impediments dissolve.

This is a Google Drive (formerly GoogleDocs) document, set to let anyone edit who has the link. You don't need to login or anything. I still could use some help knowing which key combinations are not possible. Someone told me that Shift+Num0 etc are not do-able. If you guys see any errors in the cell notes, it would also be appreciated. Feel free to make a new sheet for your own on here, or download into your own excel. The first order of business is to get a clean and complete template though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:02 am

Re: Key Utilization

Bishopwrath wrote:Someone told me that Shift+Num0 etc are not do-able.

Shift combined with Number Pad keys give you other keys, which are not unique. For example, Shift+NumPad0 is Insert and Shift+NumPad1 is End. A decent keyboard should have those marked on the keys.

Return to Neverwinter