FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Posts: 388

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:28 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Evilsquash wrote:
Sylver wrote:[
Planning on having version .9 done by mid-week. I've done alot of work on this next one and so it's taking a bit longer... but I want to make it a worthwhile upgrade over V .8 as I know that it takes real effort for people with special setups to incorporate each new version.
If anyone has more requests for v .9, please let me know now, otherwise they will have to wait for v 1.0, which will bring things like GUI customization - which I'm really excited to try and do. :mrgreen:


V.9, I AM GETTING EXCITED!!! LOL!!!


Ok, here are some sneak peeks then... you can see the VFX screen switch-bar, keymaps menu and the team following in perfect "line formation".

Image

Image
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Posts: 388

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:48 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

nodoze wrote:
Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:... The main thing that is lacking to be fully successful is that you can't see the Divinity Meter to leverage it while on the GF. I think bringing in just the Divinity Meter to the Slot 1 GF window to be right next to the Guard Meter will help maximize both roles which will help overall party success (assuming a standard GF+DC+3xDPS party).
... I'll put the Divinity Meter in next version, as I can really see the utility of it. Prob will take the SLOT2 character's divinity or shield meter and put on the first screen, which means either the DC or GF needs to be in SLOTS 1 & 2. ...
Thanks again as I am liking your setup more and more.

I created the Meter pass through on my copy of v0.8. Even though I had done things like this years ago for my SWTOR setup, it would have been very difficult to figure out how to do that if I hadn't had a working copy of your current VFXes...

It appears to be a lot of trial and error to keep moving/re-exporting/reviewing to get the VFX viewers where you want. If you did all of the various VFX resolutions by trial and error it gives me even greater appreciation for all the VFXes you did...

For v0.9, in case it helps you do the VFX for the Divine Meter or Guard Meter (depending on which class is in slot2) I wanted to share back what I have done thus far under VFX 1920x1200:
- FX name: is2_Meter (made it generic so whether guard or divinity meter is being sourced in);
- Video FX Source Position 641,625 & size: 60x220 -> 2;
- Video FX Viewer Position 585,630 & size: 60x220 -> 1 (turned off mouse pass-thru & border);

EDIT: One slight improvement would be to 'gray out' the background around the meter being sourced in by putting a grey overlay on top of this window like we did for SWTOR (I believe I put links to our setup earlier in this thread). From memory I believe that required creating a image (.gif/.jpg/.bmp/?) and would be very tedious and you would likely need a different image overlay for a GF verses a DC. If seeing the DC's background on my GF screen ends up bothering me enough then I may just do the 3 +'s of the DC meter or create the overlay but I don't have time for that now (and not sure it bothers me enough yet).

On a related note, one thing I personally really like to see while playing is the standard ISboxer FPS indicator so under the Character Set I un-hid the FPS indicator and then I modified VFX 1920x1200 FX name: is2_crop Video FX Viewer Position 0,0 ->1 to be 20,0.

EDIT: I am still having my slot 1 screen lock up in multiple scenarios when doing standard stuff in the game UI (clicking on quests while reviewing maps, inviting party member from Guild UI, etc) but at least they are repeatable and avoidable (if I remember not to do that). Since I had to delete the unused slots to get the VFX's to show, I am going to delete the VFX entries for the slots I no longer have to see if that clears it up. If that works I will try to remember to report back.


Thanks for the input - saves me looking up the screen coords. ;) Hope you can get rid of the screen lockups ... just delete any references to those deleted char slots and I think you'll be good then. GL!

Oh, btw, I made the VFX semi transparent so FPS can show thru... that should help too.
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Posts: 140

Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Damn Sylver you put a shit ton of work on this is amazing man.
<<

Sylver

Posts: 388

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

nodoze wrote:For v0.9, in case it helps you do the VFX for the Divine Meter or Guard Meter (depending on which class is in slot2) I wanted to share back what I have done thus far under VFX 1920x1200:
- FX name: is2_Meter (made it generic so whether guard or divinity meter is being sourced in);
- Video FX Source Position 641,625 & size: 60x220 -> 2;
- Video FX Viewer Position 585,630 & size: 60x220 -> 1 (turned off mouse pass-thru & border);

If I have time I next plan to convert the Caps_Lock key to Channel Divinity on slot 2 (since Tab is used by my GF) and work more with the encounter powers in strengthened Divinity mode in the background. Currently the slot2 DC's powers work OK via F1-F3 except that the Healer's Word isn't consistently targeting the Tank like it did on my previous config so I will try to look into that also.


Ok, the meter in is there ;)

I can add the Caps lock in too, since I currently have nothing assigned to it... consider it done too!

Thanks for the help. :D
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Posts: 471

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:For v0.9, in case it helps you ....


Ok, the meter in is there ;)

I can add the Caps lock in too, since I currently have nothing assigned to it... consider it done too!

Thanks for the help. :D
Awesome.

I think that deleting the VFX entries for the slots I deleted may have fixed the locking (knock on wood so far)...

One thing that is a pain is that my binds are NOT loading automatically. I see them created when I launch the character set and my current work around is to (each time I change a bind) to login to each character and type /bind_load_file isboxer-Neverwinter DC & 4 CW Group-Character@Account-binds.txt

Any idea why this is broken? All I did was rename the existing character slots. I didn't run the New Character set wizard.
<<

Kaische

Posts: 164

Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:11 am

Location: Germany

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

nodoze wrote:All I did was rename the existing character slots. I didn't run the New Character set wizard.


This. If you only rename a character then you have to manually check the Virtual File and make sure to change that too. This is not done by renaming a character :)

And because there is a difference between the "old" character name and the new one the created Virtual File (that is going to be loaded into Neverwinter) is not the correct one.
<<

nodoze

Posts: 471

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Kaische wrote:
nodoze wrote:All I did was rename the existing character slots. I didn't run the New Character set wizard.


This. If you only rename a character then you have to manually check the Virtual File and make sure to change that too. This is not done by renaming a character :)

And because there is a difference between the "old" character name and the new one the created Virtual File (that is going to be loaded into Neverwinter) is not the correct one.
I know it is creating the proper bind files because if I manually load them things work.

I have tried changing Gameprefs.Pref & Software/Cryptic/Cryptic Launcher/ to match my CharacterName@AccountName with no luck & I also tried just naming my charactername leaving off account name and making both files match with no success.
<<

Sylver

Posts: 388

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:43 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Ok, here's the final interface design for NeverBoxer v.9/1.0 - the VFX mini-windows were moved to new locations where they don't interfere with the game windows such as vendors, loot chests, character sheet, etc. While not as asthetically pleasing as their former location, it's far more practical. Also, the "transparent" box to the right of the GF's reticule is for the DC's divinity meter. You can't tell from this screenshot, but it looks very good, has a thin border and is shaded nicely for effect. On the left is an array of click-buttons containing the various NeverBoxer-specific functions; they all have function-key counterparts, but not everyone likes to memorize hotkeys. :roll: On the top is the VFX Mini-window Switch-bar. You can just click on the button and swap to it's corresponding screen and an additional button that shows the keyboard map. There is also an additional vertical click-button bar that is hidden... I left it there for people to use in the case they want more buttons or want a vertical bar instead of the horizontal one I've decided on.

Image

I'm still working on the various windows, such as trade, character sheets and chest looting. That should be finished sometime this week -my goal is to finish up so everyone can enjoy playing with this version over the 4 July holiday.

Please let me know what you think and as always, I'm open to your suggestions. :idea:
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Posts: 471

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:19 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Sylver wrote:Ok, here's the final interface design for NeverBoxer v.9/1.0 - the VFX mini-windows were moved to new locations where they don't interfere with the game windows such as vendors, loot chests, character sheet, etc. While not as asthetically pleasing as their former location, it's far more practical. Also, the "transparent" box to the right of the GF's reticule is for the DC's divinity meter. You can't tell from this screenshot, but it looks very good, has a thin border and is shaded nicely for effect. On the left is an array of click-buttons containing the various NeverBoxer-specific functions; they all have function-key counterparts, but not everyone likes to memorize hotkeys. :roll: On the top is the VFX Mini-window Switch-bar. You can just click on the button and swap to it's corresponding screen and an additional button that shows the keyboard map. There is also an additional vertical click-button bar that is hidden... I left it there for people to use in the case they want more buttons or want a vertical bar instead of the horizontal one I've decided on.

<image in original post>

I'm still working on the various windows, such as trade, character sheets and chest looting. That should be finished sometime this week -my goal is to finish up so everyone can enjoy playing with this version over the 4 July holiday.

Please let me know what you think and as always, I'm open to your suggestions. :idea:
I like it very much especially the VFX for the background characters being on top of each other against the left & right sides instead of across the top. It will end up being the same for my current duo but at some point after I feel I have tanking and healing down I hope to level up a DPS crew though I will likely have to drop from 1920x1200 at that point...

If you have your healing keys ready & want some testing I plan to play more today and can try to back port them to 0.8 and give you feedback.

EDIT: If you haven't already, you may want to put a brief mention in the instructions about how to bring up the UI modification area in Neverwinter as newer people will have to move their chacter icon, party icons, the mini-map, quest indicators ,etc...
<<

Sylver

Posts: 388

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

nodoze wrote:I like it very much especially the VFX for the background characters being on top of each other against the left & right sides instead of across the top. It will end up being the same for my current duo but at some point after I feel I have tanking and healing down I hope to level up a DPS crew though I will likely have to drop from 1920x1200 at that point...

If you have your healing keys ready & want some testing I plan to play more today and can try to back port them to 0.8 and give you feedback.

EDIT: If you haven't already, you may want to put a brief mention in the instructions about how to bring up the UI modification area in Neverwinter as newer people will have to move their chacter icon, party icons, the mini-map, quest indicators ,etc...


Cool, glad to see some head nods about the new VFX positioning. I can try and find time today to detail out the healing and post it up by this evening. Tonight I'll be hopefully putting the finishing touches on the windowing. I get alot of VFX freezes while testing things (I don't think VFX is very bulletproof - creating and destroying lots of VFX on-the-fly tends to cause problems; that's partly why you see me defining them first thing in their own separate key mapping section "initialization"). So if I can get those key-mapping plans posted up here for you and the windowing done, that leaves me a couple days to iron out the trading and tweak the party inventory a bit. I still got a to-do-list about 20 items long that I want to get rid of before I release v.9 so I better get busy. :lol:

Also, I did a guide some time ago about the UI, its here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4130

I can try and incorporate some of that into the NeverBoxer guide as well - thanks again for the feedback. ;)
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest