FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MUST READ: Neverwinter ignored ISBoxer key-bindings

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:31 pm

MUST READ: Neverwinter ignored ISBoxer key-bindings

Today I discovered that Neverwinter does not accept many of the binds that we can select from within ISBoxer. It was very confusing to create binds but for them not to work properly in-game.

The following key-bindings DO NOT work inside of Neverwinter:

F16 F21
F17 F22
F18 F23
F19 F24
F20

This should probably be sticked and have people add more as they are discovered.

To determine if your binds are being rejected or ignored by Neverwinter, do the following:

1) Export to Innerspace / or save your binds manually in a file (which one you do depends on whether or not you use the Cryptic Helper inside of ISBoxer)
2) Go into Neverwinter and type "/bind_load_file" and type in your bind filename
3) Now, type in "/bind_save_file" and a filename you want to inspect for the missing binds. I use BINDS_DUMP.TXT
4) Look inside that file (BINDS_DUMP.TXT or whatever you called it)... if all of your binds are there, you're ok. Don't be suprised, however, if some of them 'disappear'. :cry:

If they did disappear, you'll need to choose a different bind key

And if it did disappear and that key doesn't appear on the list of keys above, please post it here so we can add it to the known list of 'missing' bind keys :roll:
Last edited by Sylver on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: MUST READ: Neverwinter ignored ISBoxer key-bindings

Sylver wrote:Today I discovered that Neverwinter does not accept many of the binds that we can select from within ISBoxer. It was very confusing to create binds but for them not to work properly in-game.

F16
F17
F18
F19
F20

This should probably be sticked and have people add more as they are discovered.

I'm not entirely sure on this, but I believe in order for F13 - F24 to work you either have to:

• Have a device with those keys on it
  • The driver needs to specifically support them

Does your keyboard have those keys on it? I'm going to be bold and make up statistic saying that 99% of keyboards don't have F13-F24 on them:

Windows supports these keys, so that may make it a game specific problem, or then again, I may just be talking out of my ass. ;) Either way, I'm not entirely sure on this, but if my keyboard didn't specifically have that key on it then I probably wouldn't expect it to work as a key combination.

Lax can obviously give a better answer to this.
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:13 pm

MiRai wrote:
Sylver wrote:Today I discovered that Neverwinter does not accept many of the binds that we can select from within ISBoxer. It was very confusing to create binds but for them not to work properly in-game.

F16
F17
F18
F19
F20

I'm not entirely sure on this, but I believe in order for F13 - F24 to work you either have to:

• Have a device with those keys on it
  • The driver needs to specifically support them

Does your keyboard have those keys on it? I'm going to be bold and make up statistic saying that 99% of keyboards don't have F13-F24 on them:

Windows supports these keys, so that may make it a game specific problem, or then again, I may just be talking out of my ass. ;) Either way, I'm not entirely sure on this, but if my keyboard didn't specifically have that key on it then I probably wouldn't expect it to work as a key combination.

Lax can obviously give a better answer to this.

I have one (3, actually) of these keyboards as well (yes, I'm that old - but you gotta love them old IBM Selectric Keys)... and I actually use one of them. Only prob is that they are too noisy for most people. :roll:

and yes, it's Neverwinter stripping the binds out when you use /bind_load_file and /bind_save_file unfortunately. I just wanted to make sure I spread the word to save people the frustration. :mrgreen:
- Sylver
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:31 am

Sylver wrote:and yes, it's Neverwinter stripping the binds out when you use /bind_load_file and /bind_save_file unfortunately. I just wanted to make sure I spread the word to save people the frustration. :mrgreen:

For some reason I read your initial post as saying Inner Space was causing the issue... And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming. ;)
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am

Can you bind those keys in game in the key binds window?
I am thinking you tried that already, but thought I would ask.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Norrin wrote:Can you bind those keys in game in the key binds window?
I am thinking you tried that already, but thought I would ask.

No, they didnt take. That gives me the idea that a fast way to identify what does and doesn't work is to plug different keys into the in-game binding fields and see what stays. :idea: If that works, it would be fast to see what works and what doesn't.

Thanks!
- Sylver

Return to Neverwinter