FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Party Invite

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Party Invite

I've been scratching my head. I can't see where we can put these in or how to get them to work when they are in the Cryptic folder.

!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") /invite {SLOT1} $$ !if ("slot 2" and character is not "slot 2") /invite {SLOT2} $$ !if ("slot 3" and character is not "slot 3") /invite {SLOT3}

/invite {SLOT1}
/invite {SLOT2}
/invite {SLOT3}
/invite {SLOT4}
/invite {SLOT5}

!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") /invite {SLOT1}
!if ("slot 2" and character is not "slot 2") /invite {SLOT2}
!if ("slot 3" and character is not "slot 3") /invite {SLOT3}
!if ("slot 4" and character is not "slot 4") /invite {SLOT4}
!if ("slot 5" and character is not "slot 5") /invite {SLOT5}

I've tried with and without the slash, with and without the + in front of the invite. I made sure the group and the characters were highlighted so they have the macro enabled. I also tried to make it a text string to put into chat. That didn't work either.
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Re: Party Invite

Got a sloppy workaround. I put it right into my binds file. I would hate to use up three hotkeys this. The problem is, it will only invite the last one in the list.
] "invite felgercarb@bishop2c3 $$ invite daphne@bishop2d2 $$ invite fauna@bishop2f6"

I tried it like this and it didn't like it at all.
] "invite felgercarb@bishop2c3" $$ "invite daphne@bishop2d2" $$ "invite fauna@bishop2f6"

There's probably an easier way, but I just don't see it.
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Bishopwrath wrote:Got a sloppy workaround. I put it right into my binds file. I would hate to use up three hotkeys this. The problem is, it will only invite the last one in the list.
] "invite felgercarb@bishop2c3 $$ invite daphne@bishop2d2 $$ invite fauna@bishop2f6"

I tried it like this and it didn't like it at all.
] "invite felgercarb@bishop2c3" $$ "invite daphne@bishop2d2" $$ "invite fauna@bishop2f6"

There's probably an easier way, but I just don't see it.

Had this one for a while, but agree - didnt like it at all. Currently testing a Round-Robin invite for IS-Never-Boxer config. I'll try and post the config later this week and you guys are welcome to test it out. :D
- Sylver
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:47 pm

I've been scratching my head. I can't see where we can put these in or how to get them to work when they are in the Cryptic folder.

Well you know the {SLOT1} thing is only if you're putting it in through ISBoxer, right? If you put it in a file yourself you have to put your character names in manually ;)

You should just use the Cryptic Macro Library, which does it for you, and puts them in isboxer-binds.txt.

Set up your Cryptic Macro Set
In the top left pane under Game Helpers, select Cryptic Studios.

Then in the bottom left pane right click Macro Sets and select "New Cryptic Macro Set"

Change the name of your Macro Set, for example "Neverwinter".

Assign your Cryptic Macro Set to your team
For your new Cryptic Macro Set, you want to first make sure you assign it to your Character Set, otherwise ISBoxer is not going to include any macros in this set when it generates isboxer-binds.txt. So in the bottom right where it says "Enable macro for highlighted Character Sets" .... select your Character Set so it highlights.

Then you can put all of your Neverwinter Macros in your Macro Set.

Making a Macro
Right click Macro Sets and select New Cryptic Macro.

Your macro needs commands, and a Hotkey. Just like in the binds.txt file you might otherwise be using, because this is going right into isboxer-binds.txt file.

Paste the command you got from my other post in the Commands box.

Code:
!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") invite {SLOT1}
!if ("slot 2" and character is not "slot 2") invite {SLOT2}
!if ("slot 3" and character is not "slot 3") invite {SLOT3}
!if ("slot 4" and character is not "slot 4") invite {SLOT4}
!if ("slot 5" and character is not "slot 5") invite {SLOT5}
!if ("slot 6" and character is not "slot 6") invite {SLOT6}
!if ("slot 7" and character is not "slot 7") invite {SLOT7}
!if ("slot 8" and character is not "slot 8") invite {SLOT8}
!if ("slot 9" and character is not "slot 9") invite {SLOT9}
!if ("slot 10" and character is not "slot 10") invite {SLOT10}

Give it a Hotkey. The one you picked was ], you can put that in the Hotkey box for the macro.

Export to Inner Space
When you Export, the Macros will be generated into isboxer-binds.txt.

The file is automatically virtualized; there is actually a copy of the file for each of your Neverwinter Characters in each of its Character Sets. Each guy can have his own individual macros.

Load the binds
Load them with /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt

Thats it. Add all your macros this way for easy management.

But, to answer your question about doing it manually into a binds file... you need to lose the spaces next to the $$'s.
] "invite felgercarb@bishop2c3$$invite daphne@bishop2d2$$invite fauna@bishop2f6"

The preview box in the Cryptic Macro Library should show you exactly that, too ;)
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Lax, again I'd like to request a GUIDE for the initial setup of ISBoxer (ISPro) for Neverwinter. I really think it would help alot of people as the dynamic code and the ISPro config seem to be a stumbling block for many...

Then all people will need to do is focus on setting up their BINDS.TXT and whatever keymappings they want inside ISBoxer. :)

Thanks!
- Sylver
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Sylver wrote:Lax, again I'd like to request a GUIDE for the initial setup of ISBoxer (ISPro) for Neverwinter. I really think it would help alot of people as the dynamic code and the ISPro config seem to be a stumbling block for many...

Then all people will need to do is focus on setting up their BINDS.TXT and whatever keymappings they want inside ISBoxer. :)

Thanks!

I know less about Neverwinter than most of you do, and I especially wouldn't be helpful in setting up the MMO - Pro style specifically for Neverwinter. (Not having the time to invest in learning enough about Neverwinter...)

I can do a guide for the initial setup of Neverwinter, but it would be using MMO - Standard and would be pretty much the same as the EQ2, LOTRO and WoW walkthroughs. Except for the part about setting up macros in the Cryptic Macro Library, but that's a totally different topic.
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 pm

lax wrote:I know less about Neverwinter than most of you do, and I especially wouldn't be helpful in setting up the MMO - Pro style specifically for Neverwinter. (Not having the time to invest in learning enough about Neverwinter...)

I can do a guide for the initial setup of Neverwinter, but it would be using MMO - Standard and would be pretty much the same as the EQ2, LOTRO and WoW walkthroughs. Except for the part about setting up macros in the Cryptic Macro Library, but that's a totally different topic.

Lax, that would already be a great start and I know that many of your userbase would really be appreciative. Thanks for the support! :D
- Sylver
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 am

I appreciate the time you guys took to answer this. I don't really have a problem with having to take the time to learn the nuts and bolt of how this all works. I think those who don't understand the inner workings will get a lot less out of the program and by extension multi-boxing on the whole. It is a lot to take in and can be frustrating out the gate, but it's time well-spent. The guides available have a lot of great information already. I've been doing this for 4 days now and I am already running up and down the sword coast with my posse.
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:56 am

I found an easier way to do it. It's shorter and doesn't require me to script the confirm. Moreover, it works for all of my teams, so longs as I use one account as lead. I suppose I could pass lead after they join, but better to do it right the first time.

] "team_request @bishop2c3"
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:02 am

Thanks Bishop - I'll give that one a try!

As for what Lax is describing here, it would be very beneficial to get ISPro workng with Neverwinter because it has so much more potential to unlock dozens of features and macros shared by WoW ISBoxers. It woul be like opening on mega loot chest! :D That's why I'm pushing for an ISpro setup guide to help us down the road. And remember, we're paying as part of our subscriptions for exactly that kind of software growth and support. That's the beauty of that business model - both the developer and subscriber benefit in the long run...
- Sylver
Next

Return to Neverwinter