FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Party Invite

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:19 am

Re: Party Invite

Problem 1: Not Performing Macro. Okay I revisited the party invite function. I set up a macro as prescribed above, using the Shift+Alt+P as the key combination. Next, I made a Straight Key Broadcast in the AlwaysOn Key Map and set it to one of my G-keys. When I click this in-game, it seems to ignore the script altogether and acts on the P in the hotkey, opening up my Powers menu.

Problem 2: Preview seems like it won't work. I looked at the preview, it filled in the custom character name directly from my character list in ISBoxer. I had put in some short code with the name so I would remember which game and account they were. This won't parse well into the game, so I looked into the name aliases in the General Tab for the character. I filled in the Actual Character Name and the Account Name. The macro ignored the account name in the preview. It only populated the Actual Character Name. This step accurately filled in character@handle format that you need when inviting someone into your party. The problem is, thereafter, the game prefers to use first names if you will like /follow Felgercarb. I don't know how it will handle the full name in target/assist/follow commands.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 am

Re: Party Invite

Bishopwrath wrote:Problem 1: Not Performing Macro. Okay I revisited the party invite function. I set up a macro as prescribed above, using the Shift+Alt+P as the key combination. Next, I made a Straight Key Broadcast in the AlwaysOn Key Map and set it to one of my G-keys. When I click this in-game, it seems to ignore the script altogether and acts on the P in the hotkey, opening up my Powers menu.

Problem 2: Preview seems like it won't work. I looked at the preview, it filled in the custom character name directly from my character list in ISBoxer. I had put in some short code with the name so I would remember which game and account they were. This won't parse well into the game, so I looked into the name aliases in the General Tab for the character. I filled in the Actual Character Name and the Account Name. The macro ignored the account name in the preview. It only populated the Actual Character Name. This step accurately filled in character@handle format that you need when inviting someone into your party. The problem is, thereafter, the game prefers to use first names if you will like /follow Felgercarb. I don't know how it will handle the full name in target/assist/follow commands.

Bish,

Look at my Never-Boxer guide. I describe a workaround there with using Alternate Character names in part 4, step 4 (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4198). That solves the follow problem...

If you download the config and look at my binds, you can see how I got it all to work....
- Sylver
Previous

Return to Neverwinter