FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MUST READ: /Bind_load_file - Automatic load at start

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:06 am

Re: MUST READ: /Bind_load_file - Automatic load at start

OK lax,

Maybe I'm missing something but I still get a zero length (empty) isboxer-binds.txt file. The isboxer-characterset-charname.txt files I get for each member.

If I manually bind_load_file those individual character bind files it works fine.

If I understood you correctly the isboxer-binds.txt file should contain binds at some point? All of these files are listed in chronological order bottom to top, so isboxer-binds.txt was the last touched.

Let me know what you make of this - thanks!
- Sylver
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:49 am

Your student become my master. Well done.
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:15 am

I am running into an issue with my bind files. I was going to put it into another post, but it really relates to this. My concern is that it won't be addressed with this planned fix. It really involves customized keybinds for individual characters within a Character Set. I am using the "followuntilincombatorinrange." This is a nice command since it automatically does a follow_cancel once it gets in position. The problem is, it takes an integer for the range value. If I put 0, my TR or GWF will go right up to the mob like it's supposed to. If I put 79, my DC and CW will step just into range. I want to economize on keys by transmitting the order to all of them with one keystroke. They are just to interpret what it means a slight differently. I notice that the launcher command line has the same preset file filled in. That seems resident in the program, which I doubt can be changed. I don't want to have to manually edit these names every time I launch a client.

1. Is there a method to write my keybinds, so they will do what I need all in one file?
2. Are there other options within ISBoxer that are easier/simpler that I haven't tried?
3. Will this intended update address what I am trying to do?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:01 am

Sylver wrote:OK lax,

Maybe I'm missing something but I still get a zero length (empty) isboxer-binds.txt file. The isboxer-characterset-charname.txt files I get for each member.

If I manually bind_load_file those individual character bind files it works fine.

If I understood you correctly the isboxer-binds.txt file should contain binds at some point? All of these files are listed in chronological order bottom to top, so isboxer-binds.txt was the last touched.

Let me know what you make of this - thanks!

Your image is exactly what it should look like. The binds files are successfully generated. The actual "isboxer-binds.txt." file should be empty; it should only actually load THIS file, if you are NOT using ISBoxer. If you're using ISBoxer and attempt to use this file, then the internal virtualization of isboxer-binds.txt should kick in (assuming you didn't make a Virtual File called isboxer-binds.txt, because that would override the built-in) and it will read the characterset-character file for the game instance you're running.

You mention that you manually load different character files it works fine... but what I'm missing from you is whether or not you have attempted to "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" or not? This is really the only thing that matters in this conversation. If it doesn't work the same when you "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" as when you manually load each character's bind file yourself, then it's a bug. It works correctly in Champions Online and in Star Trek Online, I have no indication currently that it doesn't work exactly the same in Neverwinter. Just your indication that you're looking at the files and are confused about them and I don't know whether or not you did what I said to do...

1. Is there a method to write my keybinds, so they will do what I need all in one file?
2. Are there other options within ISBoxer that are easier/simpler that I haven't tried?
3. Will this intended update address what I am trying to do?

You don't need the "planned fix" to use the macro system in ISBoxer, it already works as I described. The only thing I talked about adding is auto-loading it for you so you don't have to enter "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" yourself. The update does not address what you're trying to do, it would only automatically load the binds file.

You can use different macros per Character, that is the other half of the point of the Cryptic Macro Library. You can create multiple Cryptic Macro Sets, for each Character if you want (instead of assigning the whole Character Set), and make your "followuntilincombatorinrange" macros in each one use the same Hotkey...
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:36 am

I didn't know much about the ISBoxer-binds.txt and the macro system. I am using the Standard MMO setup without Cryptic macros. From what I was reading, the Pro and macros weren't ready to go yet. Good to see they are in working order. I will take a look.
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:36 am

lax wrote:You mention that you manually load different character files it works fine... but what I'm missing from you is whether or not you have attempted to "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" or not?

Yes, that is exactly what I did, and no binds came through. That's what drove me to go looking into the folders and saw that isoboxer-binds.txt had zero length. I don't think it is working as you intended.

My original suggestion would actually accomplish what you're wanting to do. Just copy each of the character files over to isboxer-binds.txt before launching the next iteration of GameClient.exe and problem solved. Yes, you will still need to get the /bind_load_file XXXX.XXX loaded into command line option field of the launcher, but even so, if the user goes in just once and inserts "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt" it will remain in that field indefinitely. It's your choice how you want to move forward, on that part... it's just a simple suggestion.

As for the isboxer-binds.txt not carrying the binds into the game, that may very well be a bug as you suspect.
Last edited by Sylver on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:38 am

Bishopwrath wrote:I didn't know much about the ISBoxer-binds.txt and the macro system. I am using the Standard MMO setup without Cryptic macros. From what I was reading, the Pro and macros weren't ready to go yet. Good to see they are in working order. I will take a look.

They are and they aren't. The macros are good, it's just that the binds available to us in Neverwinter don't translate over 100%. Over time I think we will discover/develop binds to replicate the original funtionality. I know I have gotten many of them working for the IS-Never-Boxer config that I'm working on, but there's still alot of work to do...
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:12 am

lax wrote:Nice :)

I'll have to add something for ISBoxer to auto-load ISBoxer-binds.txt

I took a few minutes and dug arounda bit - the command line is stored in the registry, HKEY_USERS -> ... -> Software -> Cryptic -> Neverwinter -> LauncherCommandLine

Any chance we will get an update with this in there soon (plz)? :mrgreen:
- Sylver
Previous

Return to Neverwinter