FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

As green as they come

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 am

As green as they come

I am brand new to this multi-boxing thing. Played MMOs forever but always envied those who could herd their cats and by the end of the day actually accomplish something. I got the 7-day free trial and will probably subscribe. Things are still quite a bit over my head at the moment. I think I will be well past my free trial before I get a grip.

I am running windows 7 home with i5-2500k @ 3.60GHz (4-core not overclocked) and 16GB RAM. I also have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti which seems to be able to run well regardless of what I throw at it. I have a G19 keyboard and a Razer Naga mouse. Both are so underutilized that it's shameful.

I can't wait to see how it handles a team of 5 on NW. I've logged in and played the follow game without ISO up to level 11 on my 5-class team. From my extensive reading on the software and your advise, I know I will need to change that up a bit, beginning with a duo Tank/Cleric and work up from there.

No questions at the moment. Just digging in and doing my homework and wanted to say hi. Tons of respect for you guys who have a handle on this stuff and contribute.
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:42 am

Re: As green as they come

My amazing accomplishments:
1. Downloaded ISBoxer
2. Registered with InnerSpace (7-day trial)
3. Registered with ISBoxer website
4. Installed ISBoxer
5. Ran the Setup Wizard. Worked just fine. With no concept of how any of the doodads worked, I was only able to see the cool flip screen action.
6. Watched many videos. Read lots of posts.
Tinkered with making my own teams. Was able to create, save, and export data to InnerSpace, but nothing spectacular happened within the game.
7. Cleared ISBoxer.
8. Loaded up preset (KISS) NWduoGF+DC_1980x1050_v01.xml. No pulse, so I moved onto the other preset. I got the binds file put into the right directory but didn't learn until later that it had to be loaded within the game.
9. Loaded up preset NWDualTeam1_Norrin.xml. This one did a few thing, especially after I properly put in the binds and replaced his toon names with mine.
10. Watched many more videos. The turorials on this game are first rate. I am beginning to get the concept.

Return to Neverwinter