FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bug? NW Patching on exit from ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Bug? NW Patching on exit from ISBoxer

Had a very annoying time with Neverwinter since the last patch. My main character's copy/instance of the game doesn't experience this problem (patched correctly just once), but the rest of the characters in my team patch upon exit. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a 1.5GB patch once, but its trying to do for EACH of the remaining 4 teammembers' instances too.

I've seen that there is a no-patch option in the Neverwinter setup... do I use this for my 4 other characters? How does one get around this bug/problem?

Thanks!
Last edited by Sylver on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Re: Bug? NW Patching on exit from ISBoxer

My main character's copy/instance of the game

I'm not clear on whether you're saying you have multiple copies of the game, or whether you're just talking about the instance of the program. If you have multiple copies of the game then that could be related, but I'll assume not....

I've seen that there is a no-patch option in the Neverwinter setup... do I use this for my 4 other characters? How does one get around this bug/problem?

Nobody else has mentioned having this problem so I'm not sure what to suggest to get around it. Run the patcher without IS/ISBoxer is usually an end-all solution for this.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Figured it out - it's definitely ISboxer related, but the solution isn't hard to do. I'll post it here for others...

What's happening is that for each character the launcher is downloading the update patch on exit from the game when running ISBoxer.

To fix the problem, close out all of your Neverwinter (in my case I have 5 characters) character sessions - yes, this will interrupt the patching, but it doesn't cause any damage luckily.

Then , once they are all closed out, launch Neverwinter normally - not with ISBoxer. Let it patch and then close out the game.

Then you can go back into ISBoxer and run all of your characters again normally and it won't prompt for patching when you exit anymore.

Hope that helps someone.
Last edited by Sylver on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I have the same thing going on. The next upcoming patch is just downloading so you don't have to wait when it becomes live later. It saves the file in your normal download folder until it's ready to install. Clearly Sylver's solution is the best one, but... if I am a reflection of the rest of the community, we have no patience. I have my launcher options set to: "Fast Launch" - unchecked. "Disable on-demand patching" - checked, and I still get this behavior. Will changing any of these options put off that download?
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:12 pm

I took a read of the NW forums, and it appears that you HAVE to download this patch at some time. People have said that they can get into game sometimes, but others it insists on starting the D/L no matter what settings. I'd just start the download before going to sleep and follow the steps I gave. I know - it requires patience. :D
- Sylver

Return to Neverwinter