FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Group formation in Neverwinter...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat May 25, 2013 2:16 am

Group formation in Neverwinter...

I noticed that IsBoxer offers some possibilities with group formation (like "Star", Flying V", etc), but I suppose it can only be used in World of Warcraft, right ?

Otherwise, is there a way I can build my own formation (like the tank ahead at the others 5 to 10 steps away)... Or even use "Flying V" ?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 25, 2013 7:49 am

Re: Group formation in Neverwinter...

The formations in ISBoxer just send the standard movement keys (WQSE) to certain characters to create formations. If your game uses those keys you should be able to use the Formations as-is. If your game uses different keys, just redefine the Variable Keystrokes for Move Forward, Move Backward, Move Left, Move Right under Variable Keystrokes in ISBoxer. This is explained in the Description box of the various formation Mapped Keys in the Non-combat Key Map. It should be noted that these formations are static not dynamic, i.e. ISBoxer has no magical way of keeping your characters in the formation as you move around.
<<

propagandalf

Post Sat May 25, 2013 7:54 am

They're not WoW specific. They're just sending movement keys, WASD, to each character slot. Send character slot 1 "Move Forward", which is just sending it the W key. Send character slot 2 a combination of "Move Left" (A key) and "Move Backward" (S key) to send it in a diagonal direction. etc, etc.

I haven't used formations in NW because I'm just dualboxing, but that's how I understand them to work.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat May 25, 2013 8:59 am

Ok, thanks for the answers, I'll give it a try later on ;)
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat May 25, 2013 8:22 pm

I know what your taking about lol have little bit of config and playin around with it but you can get your main tank <slot 1> to be followed but 1 random cleric and that cleric followed by the last 3 so you can base all your formations off the range line up
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat May 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Hum, line formation is not what I want. Or eventually a line, but perpendicular to the direction I'm going... Which can't be achieved easily.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun May 26, 2013 3:25 am

cmoidudu wrote:Hum, line formation is not what I want. Or eventually a line, but perpendicular to the direction I'm going... Which can't be achieved easily.

If you could stack ontop like in wow would be easy lol
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 am

Well, finally I feel like I don't absolutely need a specific group formation. My gameplay has improved with a better knowledge of the game, and for now when I move my tank is ahead, with lag the Clerics are following at a given distance, and when I encounter something I target it with my tank (eventually from a distance, so my tank is purposedly hitting the thin air), which makes the Clerics stop moving and dps at a distance, so that's ok after all.

And if I need to move for better positioning, I can just have the Clerics stick to the tank with one "Follow" key, and then I can "Un-Follow" a little further on.

Return to Neverwinter