FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Odd issues (due to game mechanics)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun May 19, 2013 7:56 am

Odd issues (due to game mechanics)

The game doesn't seem to accept that several people click on something at the exact same time... which is odd for a multiplayer game !

I had to open a door with 2 keys (one found in location A, and the other found in location B). I have done this mini-dungeon several times already, a part on the main quest line. Only one of each key can be looted for the whole party (validating for the whole party).

Just last time, with a team of 4, my main character had the 2 keys (A and B) in inventory as intended, but I couldn't open the door... Then I noticed that one of my other characters had a copy of key A, probably messingf the whole thing. I had to restart the mini-dungeon.

So, prior to looting such items, I recommend that you turn Broadcasting off (which I didn't)...
<<

nodoze

Post Sun May 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Re: Odd issues (due to game mechanics)

cmoidudu wrote:The game doesn't seem to accept that several people click on something at the exact same time... which is odd for a multiplayer game !

I had to open a door with 2 keys (one found in location A, and the other found in location B). I have done this mini-dungeon several times already, a part on the main quest line. Only one of each key can be looted for the whole party (validating for the whole party).

Just last time, with a team of 4, my main character had the 2 keys (A and B) in inventory as intended, but I couldn't open the door... Then I noticed that one of my other characters had a copy of key A, probably messingf the whole thing. I had to restart the mini-dungeon.

So, prior to looting such items, I recommend that you turn Broadcasting off (which I didn't)...
When running with my kids, in the 'dead rats?' quest I encountered something similar. I think that one of my kids and I clicked on the final gate at the same time and the gate went down & showed the cinematic but also went back up locking us out of the final fight causing a do-over... Seems buggy so I would be very careful double clicking on doors/levers/gates...
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun May 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes, it's the "Dead Rat something" mini-dungeon.

Also, now that I think of it, I could never empty the pool to loot the chest in that same dungeon, because several characters were clicking a given lever at the same time... Even tho the levers seemed to be in the correct position.

I had to stop broadcasting, then move the levers with only one character, to finally empty the pool and get the phat lewt in the chest ;)
<<

nodoze

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:10 pm

cmoidudu wrote:Yes, it's the "Dead Rat something" mini-dungeon.

Also, now that I think of it, I could never empty the pool to loot the chest in that same dungeon, because several characters were clicking a given lever at the same time... Even tho the levers seemed to be in the correct position.

I had to stop broadcasting, then move the levers with only one character, to finally empty the pool and get the phat lewt in the chest ;)
I will try to pay attention for this type of issue. Before my cleric(s) were only following and hard targeted on my tank GF & only doing AoE on the mobs. I think I turned on assist after the dead rats dungeon on my duo so can't speak to that with mouse broadcasting on. With assist and mouse clicks on I haven't noticed my cleric trying to open stuff as the same time as my tank but maybe I just haven't been looking for that. Seems like the cleric is just targeting my tank unless I target an enemy... For gates and levers and such I am not broad casting F (only auto-follow and mouse clicks & q,e,r,1, etc)... From memory I think I have been using the F key to open doors and such instead of clicking with the mouse so maybe that is the difference.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:51 am

I have a better configuration of my map key now, and only the leader is using F key, which solves a lot of things... Save when the leader enters alone some crypt, and for some reason the followers start to run in random directions, bumping into some mob packs and then they die ;)
<<

nodoze

Post Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 pm

cmoidudu wrote:I have a better configuration of my map key now, and only the leader is using F key, which solves a lot of things... Save when the leader enters alone some crypt, and for some reason the followers start to run in random directions, bumping into some mob packs and then they die ;)
I was having that issue though with a duo it is much more manageable. I started just backing up my follower(s) one step to stop follow so they wouldn't go crazy.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Mon May 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Ah, I corrected this at well. now each time I'm supposed to enter some place, I just have the team unfollow (SetFollow 0)... So they don't do stupid things if it's a one-char-at-a-time transfer, and if it's a group transfer, they will be transfered anyway.

Another thing, since I'm in a guild, I can't invite my guild leader in a party. A bug form Cryptic, obvioulsy. So I have to have the guild leader form the party, which is not a problem, except when the guild leader crashes, in which case I have to reform the whole party when he (or she, actually) gets back online.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:33 pm

cmoidudu wrote:Ah, I corrected this at well. now each time I'm supposed to enter some place, I just have the team unfollow (SetFollow 0)... So they don't do stupid things if it's a one-char-at-a-time transfer, and if it's a group transfer, they will be transfered anyway.

Another thing, since I'm in a guild, I can't invite my guild leader in a party. A bug form Cryptic, obvioulsy. So I have to have the guild leader form the party, which is not a problem, except when the guild leader crashes, in which case I have to reform the whole party when he (or she, actually) gets back online.
Since I haven't had many crashes and the crashes have been on my follower, I haven't seen this.

One work-around would maybe be to invite an alt on one of your accounts into the guild and make him the guild leader such that no one in your party is Guild Leader.

Return to Neverwinter