FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Boxing NWO allowed?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sat May 18, 2013 8:39 am

Boxing NWO allowed?

I've been digging through the Neverwinter forums and it seems like every topic that mentions multiboxing is just random people posting their opinions. Has anyone managed to find an official response on whether it's allowed? I'm loath to waste the time/effort leveling a group just to get banned a week later.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 18, 2013 9:05 am

Re: Boxing NWO allowed?

The question is answered, for any game, in its EULA / Terms of Service.

I can't find NW's EULA at the moment, but Perfect World's ToS appear to be pretty permissive
http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(a) Harm minors in any way;
(b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
(d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
(e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
(f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
(g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
(i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
(j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
(k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,

(m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

Neither Cryptic Studios nor Perfect World have been known to ban multiboxers so far (Champions Online, Star Trek Online, City of Heroes all had some multiboxers), and there's nothing regarding multiboxing in these terms.

Beyond that, I wouldn't expect these companies to provide a direct answer on the question (same as any other game), unless they are specifically prohibiting multiboxing.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sat May 18, 2013 11:02 am

lax wrote:The question is answered, for any game, in its EULA / Terms of Service.

The problem is that the wording of the ToS is always so vague. What constitutes an "unfair advantage over other players" or "prohibit other users from enjoying the Games", etc. PWE has already banned or restricted boxing on several of their games.

If Cryptic hasn't explicitly stated that it's OK, I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat May 18, 2013 11:32 am

Meshuggenah wrote:
lax wrote:The question is answered, for any game, in its EULA / Terms of Service.

The problem is that the wording of the ToS is always so vague. What constitutes an "unfair advantage over other players" or "prohibit other users from enjoying the Games", etc. PWE has already banned or restricted boxing on several of their games.

If Cryptic hasn't explicitly stated that it's OK, I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
Much of it comes down to being a good citizen... No complaints typically means no problems. Sticking to PVE is usually the safest. PVPing and being in your face can be where 'unfair advantage' comes into question and taunting and such only inflames the situation.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sat May 18, 2013 11:53 am

nodoze wrote:No complaints typically means no problems.

I really don't think being reported is avoidable as a boxer. Even if you never PvP, a lot of ignorant people will report you on sight because they equate boxing with bots.

I have a feeling it will come down to the first few snap decisions by CCR's/GM's in-game. If the first couple of people that get reported happen to get GM's that are anti-boxing, it will probably set the tone for how we're treated.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:
nodoze wrote:No complaints typically means no problems.

I really don't think being reported is avoidable as a boxer. Even if you never PvP, a lot of ignorant people will report you on sight because they equate boxing with bots.

I have a feeling it will come down to the first few snap decisions by CCR's/GM's in-game. If the first couple of people that get reported happen to get GM's that are anti-boxing, it will probably set the tone for how we're treated.
It might be but a big part of it will be what we are doing and how we are acting & treating others.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players

I know this was a huge bug that was going around for players farming endgame gear bosses would reset if you died to there minons after it died, as to date i havent heard about anyof them geting the ban hammer and thats a huge one, siting at a boss and killing it for hours on end for endless loot and being able to sell the loot for ingame diamonds then changing it to zen.

mutiboxing shouldnt be a big deal to must unless your a ass about it and spaming gen chat x5times or joining parties and leaving , stuff like that would proc players to look at you twice :D

But I wouldnt worry about it just buy a few game cards and toss 10$ of zen onto each toon atleast then you can say you payed to pay, the game in someway

Return to Neverwinter