FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Random Camera/click freezing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 am

Re: Random Camera/click freezing

I would also like confirmation of the current issue; thanks Nodoze for the information you have provided.

The development build you're using, in addition to fixing the rendering issue, does have a mouse related fix for clicks that stopped working, but this was specifically for EverQuest. It's possible that this helped for Neverwinter as well
<<

cmoidudu

Post Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 pm

I don't think I ever had that click-freezing bug. I eventually had some random window crashing, which are really very rare now since I installed last Inner Space build and/or Neverwinter has been patched. Maybe it's related to hardware, or drivers ? I had plenty of problems gone just by updating the driver of my mother board once.

However, I can -rarely- have my main character locked as I if used HardTargetLock 1, just that I can't unlock it with HardTargetLock 0 or hitting Alt like crazy. I can still move with keys tho. But I have to shut down the window and restart it to get rid of this.
<<

djein

Post Sat May 25, 2013 8:33 am

IS 1.11 I still have this same issue...happens very very often. It is common for me to have to restart the window that mouse freezes every 5-10 minutes. I have tried everything to fix this, wiping my profiles and starting from scratch. It still seems like primary window freezes more often. Again I have control over my mouse movement when in ALT mode but zero camera movement control and I am unable to click on anything ingame (ESC menu...items...etc)
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat May 25, 2013 8:57 am

Do you have anything about "HardTargetLock 1" in the bind file for you main character ? If so, you shouldn't :)

I'm using a different file for each character, or rather, for the main character has his 1.txt file with nothing on it, and the other characters have a different file, 2.txt, with the "HardTargetLock 1" thing in it.

Still, I have this problem, but it's very rare, and when it happens I think it's because I goof and click on Ctrl-Maj-Whatever that freezes the window...
<<

Digitalxero

Post Sat May 25, 2013 9:29 am

I have noticed this issue most often when I am doing alot of switching between my screens. I have verified that is is not a keybind getting stuck on Hardtargetlock by removing all key binds and just standing in the city rotating through my screens and looking around. With all 5 characters loaded it usually takes less than 10 minutes of doing this to get 1 of the screens "locked" then all the other screens quickly follow.

ISBuild 5848
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 26, 2013 6:28 pm

I've reproduced the same issue with Star Trek Online (another Cryptic / Perfect World game). I don't think it's anything specific to Neverwinter settings or keybinds, I think it's an issue with Window Layouts with resizing not working 100% correctly in these games at the moment. This would be related to switching between windows causing it to happen.

With 5 characters in STO, I am seeing that one of the windows will have the cursor scaled to the wrong resolution (via broadcasting mode), and I think that's the issue here. Clicks are correctly interpreted by Inner Space (I can use the mouse to click on ISBoxer Menus etc) but it is sometimes giving the wrong cursor position to the game. I will be working on narrowing this down to produce a solution, which should fix it for both games. Thanks guys :)
<<

djein

Post Sun May 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Thank you Lax!! You are my hero.

If the cursor is just giving off the wrong position, why won't the camera move when it "locks". Its a complete camera freeze..with correct mouse movement but unclickable sections and a camera that won't rotate anywhere.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 27, 2013 6:50 am

djein wrote:Thank you Lax!! You are my hero.

If the cursor is just giving off the wrong position, why won't the camera move when it "locks". Its a complete camera freeze..with correct mouse movement but unclickable sections and a camera that won't rotate anywhere.

I was wrong about the particular symptoms, but that's how it appeared to be at first. With STO, ISBoxer believes the cursor is invisible at the time (when it's not), and enters relative mouse mode instead of absolute. So the cursor position becomes desynchronized from the hardware cursor and Inner Space's internal tracking isn't getting reset.

The camera wont move when it "locks" because for some reason the mouse messages stop getting processed properly by the game (likely due to the assumed mouse position being off-screen) -- I was able to force the mouse position to update by pressing a keyboard button (which would show a highlight over the game's GUI, or the game's tooltips etc), but clicks wouldn't go through at all.

I will be working on this today
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 27, 2013 9:17 am

STO servers are down for 2 hour maintenance so my methods of reproducing the bug at the moment are out for a bit, but I have a partial fix in Inner Space build 5851. This is the development build of Inner Space; to try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

The fix is definitely partial for STO -- I will be working on the rest of it after servers are up. However, it might be fully fixed for Neverwinter. Try it and let me know, thanks guys :)
<<

Digitalxero

Post Mon May 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Well 4 hours of using the latest update and no screen freezes
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter