FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Setups

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Hurry all the reserved space is almost gone !!!

Hurry and share your ISboxer & Binds setups !!!

Especially helpful if you have full 5man groups working.

Limited reserved space left for being at the top of what may be a future sticky !

Personally I am just glad that I don't have to keep searching through the treads to keep finding this stuff...
<<

cmoidudu

Post Mon May 20, 2013 1:33 am

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Setups

nodoze wrote:(...) that the only pets that survive and are worth having are the Ioun stones and the cat (I guess the cat doesn't engage or get hit).

What are the cats anyway ? Are they the "Panther Companion" from the "Hero of the North" pack ? Nevermind, I found out it's some Companion from the Zen market.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Mon May 20, 2013 11:23 am

OK, so I could make the team work together (Guardian Fighter + 4 Devoted Clerics). I noticed that the GF could receive 4 HoTs (Soothing Light) from the DCs at the same time, and actually I'm not sure if it's 4 HoTs of 4x3 HoTs, since each DC can cast it 3 times in a row, and it seems that the GF is healing real kick when I do so. But the buff indication on the GF shows 4 HoTs.

Also, the Astral Seal curse (mouse right click) can stack 4 times on the target, which should be quite a lot of heal when the target is struck... I can't really shoot numbers, since I already heal a ton, specially with the 4xSun Burst aoe. And fights don't last long, at least for the storyline dungeons. But I want to be ready for "real" dungeons. I couldn't do it today since my team ranges from 19 to 22 and at 22 I can't enter the Tower of whatsitsnameagain, and I wouldn't enter next dungeon :(

I still need fine tuning, sometimes the DCs aren't assisting the GF properly. Maybe because they are moving, since they are following ?

Also, I need to get my DC to target my GF's target (which they do), then once in a while have them switch target to the GF and cast HoTs (which is a problem). Right now I couldn't do it with a single key, I have to re-target the GF first (I bound this to F10 key), and then cast heal. However when the DCs target the GF, they can dps his target with no problem.

One last trick, I need to have my GF guard and use guarding skills (shift left-click and shift right-click), but in the meantime the DCs need to keep on dps (normal left-click and right-click). I need to work on that. ATM when the GF guards, he is just sitting ducks, while the DCs dps. However, he can maintain agro with Enforced Threat aoe.

Also, Lax, can you please fix that button disappearing thing please ? That's a real annoyance...Thanks in advance !
<<

nodoze

Post Mon May 20, 2013 11:48 am

cmoidudu wrote:OK, so I could make the team work together (Guardian Fighter + 4 Devoted Clerics). I noticed that the GF could receive 4 HoTs (Soothing Light) from the DCs at the same time, and actually I'm not sure if it's 4 HoTs of 4x3 HoTs, since each DC can cast it 3 times in a row, and it seems that the GF is healing real kick when I do so. But the buff indication on the GF shows 4 HoTs.

Also, the Astral Seal curse (mouse right click) can stack 4 times on the target, which should be quite a lot of heal when the target is struck... I can't really shoot numbers, since I already heal a ton, specially with the 4xSun Burst aoe. And fights don't last long, at least for the storyline dungeons. But I want to be ready for "real" dungeons. I couldn't do it today since my team ranges from 19 to 22 and at 22 I can't enter the Tower of whatsitsnameagain, and I wouldn't enter next dungeon :(

I still need fine tuning, sometimes the DCs aren't assisting the GF properly. Maybe because they are moving, since they are following ?

Also, I need to get my DC to target my GF's target (which they do), then once in a while have them switch target to the GF and cast HoTs (which is a problem). Right now I couldn't do it with a single key, I have to re-target the GF first (I bound this to F10 key), and then cast heal. However when the DCs target the GF, they can dps his target with no problem.

One last trick, I need to have my GF guard and use guarding skills (shift left-click and shift right-click), but in the meantime the DCs need to keep on dps (normal left-click and right-click). I need to work on that. ATM when the GF guards, he is just sitting ducks, while the DCs dps. However, he can maintain agro with Enforced Threat aoe.

Also, Lax, can you please fix that button disappearing thing please ? That's a real annoyance...Thanks in advance !
Very good/cool news. Having all 4 HoTs stack and all 4 Seals debuff at the same time makes the combo even more viable.

Regarding "Also, I need to get my DC to target my GF's target (which they do), then once in a while have them switch target to the GF and cast HoTs (which is a problem) ", I would download Norrin's setup (post 3 above) as when using it with my GF+DC it appears like each time I do an action it is targeting correctly. It appears to cast the HoTs on my GF (and the DC who cast it) and the at-will abilities on the enemies (when the mouse abilities aren't locked).

Regarding "I need to have my GF guard and use guarding skills (shift left-click and shift right-click), but in the meantime the DCs need to keep on dps (normal left-click and right-click). I need to work on that. ATM when the GF guards, he is just sitting ducks, while the DCs dps", again I would download and check Norrin's setup from post 3 above as with his setup my GF blocks and stabs over the top of his shield while the DC also casts at will abilities on the same target (when the DC's mouse isn't locked)...

Regarding ", Lax, can you please fix that button disappearing thing please ? That's a real annoyance...Thanks in advance". I agree that the mouse buttons stopping working is my biggest problem right now though at least in my case switching the window and pressing alt on and off and using the mouse eventually brings it back (for me)...
<<

cmoidudu

Post Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 pm

nodoze wrote:Regarding "Lax, can you please fix that button disappearing thing please ? That's a real annoyance...Thanks in advance". I agree that the mouse buttons stopping working is my biggest problem right now though at least in my case switching the window and pressing alt on and off and using the mouse eventually brings it back (for me)...

No actually I'm talking of the "Key Maps" and "Broadcast" buttons top left not displaying unless you hover the area. They keep on vanishing. Lax said in another post that it's a known incompatibilty with some Cryptic software...

Also I think I found out why I don't always have a good assist... It's probably because the characters are too close from my tank, so the tank is hitting his target, but the cursor is actually hovering the name of a cleric. I figured that out because of the message from the slave windows "aaa is not a valid target". Oddly enough, I didn't have this problem with my 4 Hallfling Rogues team that I was testing before... Since they are very small ;)
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue May 21, 2013 12:57 am

could always try to do formations before you enter combat to set up the stage so you can easy target and assist your tank without targeting the DCs
<<

cmoidudu

Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 am

Yes I have to configure battle formation, that's on my "to do" list... And then I need to have the whole team strafe left and right to avoid ground zones.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 am

cmoidudu wrote:Yes I have to configure battle formation, that's on my "to do" list... And then I need to have the whole team strafe left and right to avoid ground zones.
Since they currently aren't used for anything I plan to use my arrow keys for this. I already did the arrow down as pressing S to all windows except current and that works fine in most cases to get my Cleric(s) out of trouble (a double tap of down arrows usually shoots the Cleric(s) fast back just far enough but I can also hold it down to get more). Sometimes the Cleric(s) get backed into a corner or tight spot so I will likely try to do left/right/up as well and then call them from the formations for scenarios where they are helpful. At this point for leveling the down arrow for backing up has been all I really needed though when doing the Tower on my duo I could have used more maneuverability (the cleric died a lot but had fun and finished it at level 16 on my first time through with my duo with tons of pots & health stones).
<<

cmoidudu

Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:34 am

About strafe left/right, that can be done in the binds.txt file, I just need to find out the command... ATM I re-mapped arrow keys for movement, which gives :

Up "+Actionforward"
Down "+Actionbackward"
Left "+Actionleft"
Right "+Actionright"

Now I just need to change "+Actionleft" and "+Actionright" by the strafe commands (which I haven't found out). Or, I can still double-click ;)
<<

nodoze

Post Wed May 22, 2013 5:34 am

cmoidudu wrote:
nodoze wrote:Regarding "L-a-x, can you please fix that button disappearing thing please ? That's a real annoyance...Thanks in advance". I agree that the mouse buttons stopping working is my biggest problem right now though at least in my case switching the window and pressing alt on and off and using the mouse eventually brings it back (for me)...

No actually I'm talking of the "Key Maps" and "Broadcast" buttons top left not displaying unless you hover the area. They keep on vanishing. L-a-x said in another post that it's a known incompatibilty with some Cryptic software...

Also I think I found out why I don't always have a good assist... It's probably because the characters are too close from my tank, so the tank is hitting his target, but the cursor is actually hovering the name of a cleric. I figured that out because of the message from the slave windows "aaa is not a valid target". Oddly enough, I didn't have this problem with my 4 Hallfling Rogues team that I was testing before... Since they are very small ;)
Lets try to keep this thread focused on multibox setups and make sure there are individual threads for each bug. Lets also try to only call L-a-x's attention to the specific bug threads (per his request viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4047&start=0). I was able to get a few redirected to a new bug thread but then let this thread get off topic. We need to try to help each other stay on topic in each thread and start new thread if there are new topics or we are switching gears. This is especially important for any bugs but is a general rule that helps threads from being unmanageable...
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter