FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Setups

Moderator: MiRai

<<

abndrew82

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Setups

Hello

Question on the setups that have been posted, I have been trying to use some of them here and there, and having some luck but have a couple questions. I am looking to do a team of 3, but may bump up to 5. I did some killing with 2 characters using the KISS one from the first post and fighting and all that was fine. But I was unable to figure out how to make the slave characters interact with NPCs / Look chests, this slowed me down a bit as I would have to tab over to their screen turn in and accept new quests, and I think that would be a bigger issue if I add accounts.

is this possible, I see you mentioned adding how to turn off the hard target lock for talking to NPCs, once that is done would pressing F for transmitted to the others, or is there a different key for making the slaves talk to the NPCs and such.

I have been currently trying to get Sylvers one setup, as I like that configuration and the vfx screens are very nice, but trying to work out that issue and a couple other minor things, along with adjusting for my resolution of 1920X1080

Thanks
<<

zandokan

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:15 pm

abndrew82 wrote:Hello

Question on the setups that have been posted, I have been trying to use some of them here and there, and having some luck but have a couple questions. I am looking to do a team of 3, but may bump up to 5. I did some killing with 2 characters using the KISS one from the first post and fighting and all that was fine. But I was unable to figure out how to make the slave characters interact with NPCs / Look chests, this slowed me down a bit as I would have to tab over to their screen turn in and accept new quests, and I think that would be a bigger issue if I add accounts.

is this possible, I see you mentioned adding how to turn off the hard target lock for talking to NPCs, once that is done would pressing F for transmitted to the others, or is there a different key for making the slaves talk to the NPCs and such.

I have been currently trying to get Sylvers one setup, as I like that configuration and the vfx screens are very nice, but trying to work out that issue and a couple other minor things, along with adjusting for my resolution of 1920X1080

Thanks

Yeah, Ive been trying to figure that myself and I thought I had it but either i did something or I never got it figured out in the first place but it doesnt work for me anymore. What I used to do is get close to the NPC press F1 like to attack him and they would all target it but for somereason it doesnt work anymore. What I do is I target and interact with all first and then Broadcast 1 a couple of times so all get the quests and leave simultaneously.
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:15 am

zandokan wrote:

Thanks

Yeah, Ive been trying to figure that myself and I thought I had it but either i did something or I never got it figured out in the first place but it doesnt work for me anymore. What I used to do is get close to the NPC press F1 like to attack him and they would all target it but for somereason it doesnt work anymore. What I do is I target and interact with all first and then Broadcast 1 a couple of times so all get the quests and leave simultaneously.

Using Zandokan's idea Ive gotten it to pretty much work ok. Im having to reorganize some keys to make it "feel right". Just finished inventory overview, so now I'll focus on this. Gimme a couple days and Ill add it in. ;-)
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:24 am

abndrew82 wrote:I have been currently trying to get Sylvers one setup, as I like that configuration and the vfx screens are very nice, but trying to work out that issue and a couple other minor things, along with adjusting for my resolution of 1920X1080

Thanks

Since you asked, Ill add 1920x1080 resolution for you in the next version. I spent a whole day yesterday reorganizing my VFX code arrangement so its simpler to use different resolutions.

If you guys post ideas/requests in the NeverBoxer thread, I do add them to my "to-do" list :D
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:19 pm

1920x1080 resolution added - please check it out and see how it looks? I had problems with my game displaying that rez. Kept getting ingame mouse cursor over a black screen... Prob ATIs sucky drivers. :evil:
Last edited by Sylver on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

abndrew82

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Woot you are awesome Sylver, I will check the 1920x1080 out now
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:12 am

Sylver wrote:
zandokan wrote:

Thanks

Using Zandokan's idea Ive gotten it to pretty much work ok. Im having to reorganize some keys to make it "feel right". Just finished inventory overview, so now I'll focus on this. Gimme a couple days and Ill add it in. ;-)

Got it working 100% now. Used a totally different method with the cursor target actually and some cool VFX. I borrowed some of the work I had been doing on trade windows and applied it to this - hope you guys like it. I'll post it up on Sunday afternoon...
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Glad to see the 1080p (1920x1080) setup as that is very common. Like Skyler I run a large single 1920x1200 at home but 1080p is the largest I have when mobile.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Updated the list of shared NW MB setups now that NeverBoxer is out of Beta & v1.0 is released.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Post 5: 5-man Never-Boxer by Sylver

nodoze wrote:My last observation is that NeverBoxer is a more advanced configuration than the ones shared in posts 2-4 above and will likely need a strong system with modern hardware to run a 5man as smoothly as simpler duo 2-man setups though there is no reason why you can't run a 2man or 3man (or even just a single client) on NeverBoxer. Thanks again Sylver for sharing to the community !

Just a note on NeverBoxer Version 1.1 - it's now easier for parties of 2, 3, 4 or 5 characters (you select which you want as part of the setup). The party size is indicated by the number of icons at the top of the screen in NeverBoxer once you log into Neverwinter.
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter