FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Account registration

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sabindaman

Post Fri May 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Account registration

I'm attempting to create my multiple accounts using gmail aliases and I'm failing terribly. What method did everyone else use for their accounts. For PoE I was able to do xxxxx@gmail.com x.xxxx@gmail.com xx.xxx@gmail.com etc
however neverwinter appears to identify those as all being the same email so that wont work. When attempting to use xxxxx+xx@gmail.com I receive the following errors

"Please enter your password again.
Agreement to the Terms of Service is required."

I entered password and did click the ToS so I dont understand why it keeps happening. Any advice I would like to keep all the accounts email the same place.

thanks
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Account registration

sabindaman wrote:I'm attempting to create my multiple accounts using gmail aliases and I'm failing terribly. What method did everyone else use for their accounts. For PoE I was able to do xxxxx@gmail.com x.xxxx@gmail.com xx.xxx@gmail.com etc
however neverwinter appears to identify those as all being the same email so that wont work. When attempting to use xxxxx+xx@gmail.com I receive the following errors

"Please enter your password again.
Agreement to the Terms of Service is required."

I entered password and did click the ToS so I dont understand why it keeps happening. Any advice I would like to keep all the accounts email the same place.

thanks
From memory I pay something like $9/year with http://www.1and1.com to own a domain which includes a 2GB email account and 200 Aliases. I also set it such that any email to my domain (even without an alias entry) goes to me...

I have used my personal domain for years multi-boxing in WoW, DDO, SWTOR, & now Neverwinter and never had any issues & don't even need to setup the aliases (but can if I want)...

With your own domain you can do:

nw1@yourdomain.com
nw2@yourdomain.com
etc...

I think they have intro pricing for the first year for ~$1...

More than worth it and great for multi-boxing. Also gmail is not private as they scan all your email contents and contacts for marketing purposes...
<<

sabindaman

Post Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Ended up just being a temporary bug with their website. All good now
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sat May 18, 2013 8:51 am

33mail is a free service that allows you to set up multiple, permanent email alias (as many as you like).

You can individually name each alias and they all redirect to your actual email account. Every email you get also tells you which alias it was forwarded from, so you can go and delete an alias later if you find yourself getting spammed a lot from a particular address. If you signed up to 33mail with the name Bob, for example, your email alias' would look like -

NWO1@bob.33mail.com
NWO2@bob.33mail.com

youtube@bob.33mail.com

isboxerforum@bob.33mail.com

And so on and so forth. I find it's really helpful to name each alias something obvious so it's easy to remember which game or forum you made that alias for.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 am

I do the same thing with a seperate alias for each site I subscribe to. It is helpful as when I start getting spam I know they either gave out my email or they were hacked as I only gave it to them...

The advantage of owning my own domain is that I don't have to register each new alias (unless I want to). The only time I typically register an alias is when i want to go to a different email or to a family, friend or guild mate.
<<

Digitalxero

Post Mon May 20, 2013 6:15 pm

xxxxx+pw@gmail.com
xxxxx+pw1@gmail.com
xxxxx+pw2@gmail.com

GMail ignores everything after the + so you can register as many NWO accounts as you want with the same e-mail address

Return to Neverwinter