FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Profession Gateway ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun May 12, 2013 4:21 am

Profession Gateway ?

I received an e-mail to one of my accounts, stating that you can connect to "gateway.playneverwinter.com" and gain access to a profession pannel. Of course I am very suspicious about that...

I searched PerfectWorld forums with very little results. So I think it's a fake. I just wanted to let you know. And no, I haven't logged in there, to check ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 12, 2013 5:40 am

Re: Profession Gateway ?

I edited your post to remove the clickable link; thanks for the heads up: As always, be careful about phishing attempts and fake sites!
<<

propagandalf

Post Sun May 12, 2013 7:49 am

It's not a scam or phishing link, it's real. It's like the WoW armory app, but only Web based at this point.

It's awesome! I use it to keep my profession tasks running while at work. You can also access auctions, but I haven't tried that yet.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=877121

- Access to Gateway, a web portal that allows players to remotely access in-game status information via their desktops, tablets, or smartphones. In its initial state, players can craft, view their characters, buy and sell in the Auction House, monitor guild activity and daily events, and access their mailboxes.
- And, much more!
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 12, 2013 11:36 am

Yeah its pretty cool. Very nice feature to have at launch.
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon May 13, 2013 2:56 am

havent seen this yet myself
<<

nodoze

Post Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 am

Anyone know of a good primer on Professions ?

I have many questions like:

- Curious what would be best profession(s) for each class?

- Which professions have the biggest 'bang for the buck'?

Also wonder if crafting is something to wait until you are higher level to do or if it worthwhile at any level?
<<

Seditiar

Post Mon May 13, 2013 10:24 am

nodoze wrote:Anyone know of a good primer on Professions ?

I have many questions like:

- Curious what would be best profession(s) for each class?

- Which professions have the biggest 'bang for the buck'?

Also wonder if crafting is something to wait until you are higher level to do or if it worthwhile at any level?

Crafting is mostly useless, except for Mailsmithing. Shirts and Pants can only be made with Mailsmithing I believe (maybe tailoring as well?), as for other items: they're cheaper to buy off the Auction House than to craft them yourself. That being said, Leadership is by far the best, you can get character experience AND crafting experience with Leadership, which you can't with the others. Leadership is also the only one that gives quite a bit of silver and Asteral Diamonds, it's also the cheapest to level.

You should start with crafting immediately, as it gives you extra slots once your profession gets to higher levels, so you can level even faster and get even more money.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Mon May 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Well I haven't replied to the subject, but yes it's legit after all. I'm using it with my 5 accounts for crafting purposes, and I noticed that there is one task which is good to chain, at Leadership rank 5 (I think) : Protect the Caravan. It gives 200 AD, some coins, some XP and some profession XP every 2 hours.

Also, I noticed that 2 of my 5 chars are always getting double AD for the crafts. I don't know why. Probably a bug. I won't complain tho :)

Return to Neverwinter