FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simple Target Char

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Biggcarl

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 am

Re: Simple Target Char

I cant get anything to work ive tried the way listed here and the old way of doing it and still nothing is working.

Currently my binds.txt is working if i go to anyone of my charactes and hit f1 they target my lead guy and if i hit f11 they follow him.

So following the method here setting up the variable key strokes it will not broadcast anything. Ive tried the old way of doing it too and that does'nt work either.

Follow(hot key B): (pressed or released)
Step 1: F1-all other
Step 2: F11-all ofther

this method doesnt work either... i actually cant get anything to broadcast across clients.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:46 am

Meshuggenah wrote:Not sure if you guys already noticed this, but you can /follow hostile targets, too.

Meaning that making a melee team is viable . . . though I imagine avoiding the frequent ground-based AoE mechanics in this game would be much more of a pain if your team is constantly stacked up and in melee range.

Could be fun for PvP, though.

There is a command to make the camara 'look' up or down.
I think they are /up 1 and /down 1. I can't remember off hand.
But adding that to a melee teams AOE attack and using the Key Map that also sends next click might work.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun May 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Biggcarl wrote:I cant get anything to work ive tried the way listed here and the old way of doing it and still nothing is working.

Currently my binds.txt is working if i go to anyone of my charactes and hit f1 they target my lead guy and if i hit f11 they follow him.

So following the method here setting up the variable key strokes it will not broadcast anything. Ive tried the old way of doing it too and that does'nt work either.

Follow(hot key B): (pressed or released)
Step 1: F1-all other
Step 2: F11-all ofther

this method doesnt work either... i actually cant get anything to broadcast across clients.
It isn't easy. I had basic broadcasting of q/e/r/1 & a manual follow working on my own but had to read this tread carefully to recreate the software based follow... I had trouble trying to do the assist myself by reading others text but was able to import Norrin's setup and he uploaded earlier in this tread got it working with not much trouble. I did have lots of problems at first because I didn't want to lose the F1-F9 keys & have to use the Ctrl key like he did so I tried changing to use shift or ctrl in the background with the F keys but had lots of issues so I stopped and reloaded it exactly like he had with minor adjustments & changing what he recommended and it worked fine... I recommend saving your profile and then loading his and trying a duo. If you put your character names in his binds text and use his profile file it may almost work out of the box (or in the ISbox so to speak).

Edit: One thing that you will likely have to change is that his setup looks like he has 5 monitors so I just redid the monitor wizard with a single monitor as the PC I was on in the den while with my family only has 1 monitor...

To help others, instead of copying my version of his profile to this PC (I am on a PC in my home office today), I will try to start over clean on this PC and just document the changes needed to roll with his setup & put that in the 'List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Setups' at viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4019 ...
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 am

Do you know if there's a way to incorporate a characters UID into the /target macro? If I name all of my characters Bob and then use /target Bob, it picks one at random.

I've tried /target Bob@xxxxx but it doesn't seem to work.
<<

Norrin

Post Mon May 20, 2013 11:53 am

Meshuggenah wrote:Do you know if there's a way to incorporate a characters UID into the /target macro? If I name all of my characters Bob and then use /target Bob, it picks one at random.

I've tried /target Bob@xxxxx but it doesn't seem to work.

I don't think there is a way to target based on UID, at least not one that I have found.
You would have to use the full name in the case of everyone being named Bob. If you don't have last names than I am afraid I don't know of any options.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 am

Norrin wrote:I don't think there is a way to target based on UID, at least not one that I have found.
You would have to use the full name in the case of everyone being named Bob. If you don't have last names than I am afraid I don't know of any options.

Bummer! I thought it might be fun to run around with 5 characters all with the same name. Cause some confusion in PvP.

I guess I'll have to remake my characters. No biggie, as they're all still level 1.

Never mind. I figured out a way around this. You just make the second name something unique but completely unpronounceable so there's no way it can be called in vent! :D
<<

Norrin

Post Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:
Norrin wrote:I don't think there is a way to target based on UID, at least not one that I have found.

Bummer! I thought it might be fun to run around with 5 characters all with the same name. Cause some confusion in PvP.

I guess I'll have to remake my characters. No biggie, as they're all still level 1.

Never mind. I figured out a way around this. You just make the second name something unique but completely unpronounceable so there's no way it can be called in vent! :D

Yes the targeting right now is lacking in a great many area's. Would be nice to target based on Party position for one.
I would be cool to run around with 5 of the same name. Would get lots of anger your way for sure especially the ones that will say its 'Ruining their immersion'. Wah.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Norrin wrote:Yes the targeting right now is lacking in a great many area's. Would be nice to target based on Party position for one.
I would be cool to run around with 5 of the same name. Would get lots of anger your way for sure especially the ones that will say its 'Ruining their immersion'. Wah.

I always respond to that with, "Your whining is ruining my immersion".
<<

Norrin

Post Mon May 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:
Norrin wrote:Yes the targeting right now is lacking in a great many area's. Would be nice to target based on Party position for one.

I always respond to that with, "Your whining is ruining my immersion".

Touche!
<<

Biggcarl

Post Mon May 20, 2013 1:00 pm

the 7 hour role back deleted my characters!!!!! i was like lvl 10 fuck
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter