FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simple Target Char

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Re: Simple Target Char

Ok heres what iam using for assist/target You will need to know how to set up VARIABLE KEYSTROKES in isboxer its really easy to do just ask if you need help with it

For my keybinds ingame that are needed to make it work " these are the keys i bind them to you can change "
-------------------------------------
/Bind F12 Hardtargetlock 1
/Bind F11 Hardtargetlock 0
/Bind F10 Target Raven <-- Replace "raven " with your toons name for me its just 2 names so i have them on same key f10 Raven/Nevar on both games
/Bind F9 Assist
/Bind F8 Setfollow 1
/Bind F7 Setfollow 0
Make sure you save the binds ingame via typing /Bind_save_file slot1bind.text replace the slot1bind.txt when w/e u want as a file name, do this ON EVERY SLOT AND TOON U MAKE. will save alot of time redoing binds lol trust me
-----------------------------------
IN isboxer go to Keymaps>combat>Mapped keys>Make new maped key

We will do a attack assist with left mouse click in this one just clone it for every attack spell u want to do
I couldnt find a variable keystroke command for this so you have to go to non-combat>follow me > find and copy <target slot {SLOT}> ->Other Follower

now we can start this keybind in isboxer
Set hotkey to mouse1
Hold any action "on"
next go to steps

Past the step you copied in the first line

<target slot {SLOT}> ->Other Follower //Change the target to " Windows w/o Current"
Should read like this now
<target slot {SLOT}> -> All Other

Now we can build the rest should look like this if you know the basics

<target slot {SLOT}> -> All Other <- Will send command to target active window to slaves
<Assist Target> -> All other <-- Assist bind
Mouse1 -> All
F12 -> All Other <-- Hardtargetlock 1
-------------------------------------------
Now you can just click and target hold it down and you can both attack/chain skills off same targets

For follow I do the same I have it set up to stop/start takeing off the follow command and hardtargetlock

First step

F11 ->All <-- Hardtargetlock 0
F7 -> All <-- Setfollow 0

Second Step

F12 -> All other <- Hardtargetlock 1
<Target slot {slot}> -> <-- targets active window slot
<Follow Target > <-- Variable keystroke for the setfollow 1 bind
<<

propagandalf

Post Mon May 13, 2013 7:02 pm

gnetcham wrote:Ok heres what iam using for assist/target You will need to know how to set up VARIABLE KEYSTROKES in isboxer its really easy to do just ask if you need help with it

For my keybinds ingame that are needed to make it work " these are the keys i bind them to you can change "

<...>

First, thanks for the tips! I've switched to this method and now both follow and assist work great. I'm wondering, though, how will this work with more than a duo team. If each character has F10 bound to follow the other player by name, which works fine when it's just follow the other person, how will this work when it's more than two?

thanks again
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm

propagandalf wrote:
gnetcham wrote:Ok heres what iam using for assist/target You will need to know how to set up VARIABLE KEYSTROKES in isboxer its really easy to do just ask if you need help with it

<...>

First, thanks for the tips! I've switched to this method and now both follow and assist work great. I'm wondering, though, how will this work with more than a duo team. If each character has F10 bound to follow the other player by name, which works fine when it's just follow the other person, how will this work when it's more than two?

thanks again

This is why I had each character assigned to a different key bind in game.
Then just set each character bind in the variable keystrokes.
<<

propagandalf

Post Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm

gnetcham wrote:
<target slot {SLOT}> -> All Other <- Will send command to target active window to slaves
<Assist Target> -> All other <-- Assist bind
Mouse1 -> All
F12 -> All Other <-- Hardtargetlock 1
-------------------------------------------
Now you can just click and target hold it down and you can both attack/chain skills off same targets

This is what I have set up for assist and my slave is assisting fine, but I'm finding that my main will sometime hard lock onto my companion or my slave while holding down the attach button. Which is weird, because everything in the keybind targets the other character slot. Is anyone else having that issue?
<<

nodoze

Post Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Norrin wrote:
propagandalf wrote:

<...>

thanks again

This is why I had each character assigned to a different key bind in game.
Then just set each character bind in the variable keystrokes.

Norrin & Gnetcham,

Can you upload your files so we can review?

I think seeing the ways you both solved it would help understand the options to implement & being able to load them into ISboxer & review will make the whole solution much easier to understand.

If you can, please upload what you think we would need to understand but in particular I would think the following would be the most helpful:

-ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML;
-Any binds files you are putting in your Neverwinter Live folder;
-Anything else you think would be useful;

You should be able to use the 'Upload attachment' tab below and when I tested it looked like you could upload more than one file at a time.
<<

Norrin

Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:05 pm

I didn't save my last profile, thinking I had, so when I switched over to STWOR last night I lost everything regarding NW.

I am in the process of redoing it, however just a little differently.

I am playing with not binding the targeting in game and sending keystrokes instead.

Something like this is ISBoxer:

--Send Enter Key to activate Chat
--Send Text '/target {Character}
--Send Enter Key to finish

That way it would it would it would open the chat, type in /Target Shallabal, then run it.
The {Character} is an ISBoxer variable retrieving the Name of the character in that slot.

It seems to be working except for the last enter does not seem to be making it in.
If I make it a two step keymap and have the second step be only Enter it works but you have to hit the hotkey twice.

When I get it working again I will upload it all for you.
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Norrin wrote:I didn't save my last profile, thinking I had, so when I switched over to STWOR last night I lost everything regarding NW.

I am playing with not binding the targeting in game and sending keystrokes instead.

That way it would it would it would open the chat, type in /Target Shallabal, then run it.
The {Character} is an ISBoxer variable retrieving the Name of the character in that slot.

It seems to be working except for the last enter does not seem to be making it in.
If I make it a two step keymap and have the second step be only Enter it works but you have to hit the hotkey twice.

the prob with that type of assist/targeting is if you get out of sync in typing for any resone you will look more like a bot if players are around you lol flooding area chat with /assit me and such
<<

Norrin

Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 pm

gnetcham wrote:
Norrin wrote:I didn't save my last profile, thinking I had, so when I switched over to STWOR last night I lost everything regarding NW.

the prob with that type of assist/targeting is if you get out of sync in typing for any resone you will look more like a bot if players are around you lol flooding area chat with /assit me and such

Good point.
Anyway its not working and was about to give up on it and go back to the old way which I know works.
Dinner first though.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon May 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Looking forward to seeing it. My follow key is a two step keybind and it seems like I have to hold it down for a half second for the commands to consistently stick. When doing a 4 man I kept getting some or all missing the follow commands otherwise. It was also happening with my duo with graphics way down.

Sorry you lost your profile. I try to save mine every time I make a change with a naming convention like:

ISBoxerToolkitProfile_Neverwinter_20130511_v08.XML
<<

djein

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:45 am

Does this method work for two word names like "Kat Whisperwind" do you have to put in the bind Kat_Whisperwind or does it recognize spaces?
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter