FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simple Target Char

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Tue May 21, 2013 12:52 am

Re: Simple Target Char

I think we all missed the exp exploit that was going around also lol level 60 in less then 2 hours gg for not knowing about it till it got fixed
<<

cmoidudu

Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 am

I'm not interested in being level 60 in 2 hours. I'm interested in understanding game mechanics, a working team of 5, etc.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat May 25, 2013 2:51 am

OK I finally solved all the assist/target problems, and now I have commands for the tank to hit a given target with the healers assisting dps that target, and properly switching to a new target if the tank switches target... And I can have the healers drop a heal on the tank at any time, then switching back to dps. That way, the tank can have 4xHoTs on him at all times, with each healer keeping one HoT on himself.

Also I can have my tank guard and use his skills while the healers are still assisting and dps the target... The only thing is that my 5 dogs don't switch target (unless the target dies), but it's game mechanics and I can't do anything about it I guess ?

BTW, the amount healed by the debuff to target created by the Cleric's right-mouse At-Will is absolutely ridiculous, at level 30 it shows 10-15 life healed per hit, with 40-50 sometimes, probably due to crits. Well that's better that nothing, but it doesn't help much if i'm already in trouble...

Now I'm working on combats tactics : I wish to use that nice aoe spell (Sun Burst) from healers that pushes back opponents (if in divine mode). ATM all the healers are casting it all at once in normal mode, which ends the combats due to the dps, and heals everybody in the process. However, this only works for quest-line stuff, in dungeons monsters have way too more HP and hit very hard, so it can't be a quick fight.

So, I need each that healer casts the spell one after each other (doable in IsBoxer), my thoughts are it's a spell with a ~10s recharge time, I have 4 healers, so I should be able to cast it every 2.5 seconds indefinitely... The monsters are pushed back and with the time they need to come back to close range... I shouldn't be hit too much with that strategy. Also, with dps and healing, each healer should have time to recharge power before next use of "divine" Sun Burst ?

The problem is the "Tab" thing, in order to use divine mode and get the spell its pushback effect, so I need each healer to use Tab, then cast "Sun Burst", and re-Tab again... Which can't be done in IsBoxer directly, due to latency. Tab + Sun Burst work, but re-Tab doesn't work (obviously). So I will have to use a Razer mouse to insert delays between commands. I'll report how it works :)
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat May 25, 2013 9:23 am

Hum, I seem to be unable to fetch mouse button 4 from a mapped key in my key map. I select manually "Mouse Button 4", but for no result. The macro works tho, if I use my mouse button and toggle/broadcast it to all windows, it produces the expected result. I just can't map it, therefore I can't round-robin...

Any idea on how to attach a mouse button (other than #1 and #2) to a key in IsBoxer ? I haven't found much about that on the forums :(

I'm using a Razer Imperator but I think it does'nt matter the brand.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat May 25, 2013 9:32 am

cmoidudu wrote:OK I finally solved all the assist/target problems, and now I have commands for the tank to hit a given target with the healers assisting dps that target, and properly switching to a new target if the tank switches target... And I can have the healers drop a heal on the tank at any time, then switching back to dps. That way, the tank can have 4xHoTs on him at all times, with each healer keeping one HoT on himself.

Also I can have my tank guard and use his skills while the healers are still assisting and dps the target... The only thing is that my 5 dogs don't switch target (unless the target dies), but it's game mechanics and I can't do anything about it I guess ?

BTW, the amount healed by the debuff to target created by the Cleric's right-mouse At-Will is absolutely ridiculous, at level 30 it shows 10-15 life healed per hit, with 40-50 sometimes, probably due to crits. Well that's better that nothing, but it doesn't help much if i'm already in trouble...

Now I'm working on combats tactics : I wish to use that nice aoe spell (Sun Burst) from healers that pushes back opponents (if in divine mode). ATM all the healers are casting it all at once in normal mode, which ends the combats due to the dps, and heals everybody in the process. However, this only works for quest-line stuff, in dungeons monsters have way too more HP and hit very hard, so it can't be a quick fight.

So, I need each that healer casts the spell one after each other (doable in IsBoxer), my thoughts are it's a spell with a ~10s recharge time, I have 4 healers, so I should be able to cast it every 2.5 seconds indefinitely... The monsters are pushed back and with the time they need to come back to close range... I shouldn't be hit too much with that strategy. Also, with dps and healing, each healer should have time to recharge power before next use of "divine" Sun Burst ?

The problem is the "Tab" thing, in order to use divine mode and get the spell its pushback effect, so I need each healer to use Tab, then cast "Sun Burst", and re-Tab again... Which can't be done in IsBoxer directly, due to latency. Tab + Sun Burst work, but re-Tab doesn't work (obviously). So I will have to use a Razer mouse to insert delays between commands. I'll report how it works :)
I used the 'round robin' feature in ISboxer to cast it on demand when I needed it and it rotated around the clerics. I also did that for the healing as casting 4xHoTs at once each time will typically result in over healing and burn out your charges to fast in dungeons. Once each cleric burns out their charges you have gaps where you can't heal. If you round robin it you can always keep 2+ HoTs going continuously which should be enough and not burn out the charges. If you hit spike damage you can press the round-robin to get 3 or even 4 going temporarily during the spikes and then throttle back down to 1-2 to let the charges regen...

I also wanted to have an F1-F4 to have a specific cleric cast the HoT to heal him/her self & the Tank.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat May 25, 2013 8:20 pm

For the Random casting for cheric heals set up your keybind for Round robin to fire off once every 8 sec will force it to space it out
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat May 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Hum from what I have experienced till now, round-robin HoTs is not a good idea... Since can't out-maneuver bosses and their ground zones, I need a ton of heals, which I achieve by casting HoTs, Sun Burst aoe, and using pots to fill the gaps.

I'm using Flame Strike for Daily which has a nice dps output, maybe I should go back to Guardian of Faith for the extra heal... Ah well, maybe I can try a set-up with round-Robin on Guardian of Faith ;)

Well anyway it's highly probable that the skills I'm using now will be replaced at about level ~50, once I have that nice protective shield, and I won't be using the HoT anymore. At least form what I understood of the Cleric's gameplay... I learned a lot looking at UnspecifiedHealer's videos on YouTube.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun May 26, 2013 3:32 am

after watching alot of endgame vids its alot of dodgeing to avoid damage and the cleric heals arent huge pots do more healing it seemed like lol
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun May 26, 2013 10:35 am

Yes, I noticed that too... End-Game, Clerics cast their shield, which I can't wait to have, in order to know if the effects of 4 shields stack... They heal what they can, but they can't do much after all, and everybody else uses pots on timer. That is how Neverwinter works :)
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Mon May 27, 2013 11:44 am

In end-game instances there are AoE effects that will one shot you if you're not a tank with guard up. I don't know how well PvE boxing is going to work at that level. I've been managing fairly well by stacking the priests up and dodging left and right whenever an AoE effect happens, but if there's too much AoE and you run out of stamina and can't dodge, it gets messy.

As for stacked Clerics, there is a ground targeted circle heal that heals for a ton if you stack 4 of them on the same spot. Unless you get one shot or your tank isn't holding threat, you should never die.

Two problems I'm dealing with at the moment -

1: I've noticed is that it's very easy for my Clerics to get "de-sync'd" in their stances. For example, if I switch stances in the middle of a spell, etc. I wonder if there's a way to macro a button for each stance rather than using a toggle key? That way I could just spam the button until they all switch to the correct stance.

2: I can't get my mouse clicks plus assist to stay on while the mouse is held. Sometimes I have to click several times to get it to change targets. Is there a way to spam assist more while the mouse is held so it keeps checking and updating the assist target?
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter