FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simple Target Char

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cmoidudu

Post Mon May 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Simple Target Char

Actually I read all the above stuff for target and assist, and I had the same problem with erratic assisting. So I decided to really force the CLerics to target and assist CLerics. This is what I did.

1- binds.txt file. I have one for the tank (with almost nothing in it), and one for the Clerics, with the following :

F6 "HardTargetLock 1 $$ Target Tank"
F7 "Follow"
F8 "Assist"
F9 "HardTargetLock 0 $$ SetFollow 0"
F10 "Target"

Of course, for F6 command, instead of Tank, you specify your tanks' name. Composed names, like "Bilbo Baggins", seems to work.

2- HardTargetLock + Target Tank mapped key. In the Always On keymap, I created a new mapped key which broadcasts F6 to all others.

3- Assist Me in Non-Combat key map is modified as follows (a good picture is always better than a lot of explainations) :

4- Then, on your dedicated keymap (mine is called "NwN") I created the map for attack/assist on Mouse button 1... I have Hold any Keystroke = on since it's a mouse button, and the following :

5- Also I configured my Clerics that way, but I'm not even sure I have to... Since I am already forcing target, I might not have to specify that F10 is a simple "Target" command ?

This works all the time, even if the tank switches target during the fight, or Clerics not facing the right direction, etc. The only problem is when everybody (tanks, clerics, target) is stacked on each other, and I can't target with my tank because the mouse cursor is hovering my cleric's names... This can happen with teleporting opponents like Phase Spiders etc.

Hope it helps ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Re: Simple Target Char

Previous

Return to Neverwinter