FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams

lemartes99 wrote:Hi Everyone, just thought I would add my Team to this thread.

I'm using 5xDevoted Clerics with 5xDefender Pets. I bought a Kaleb & Neverwinter guard so i have some semi decent tanks. With 5xAstral Seals and 5xSun Nova the pets have made it through every boss. Sometimes 1 or 2 die, never had a boss get through all 5 though.

There Level 22 to 25 right now. I started a few on there own before I figured out ISboxer so the levels are a bit staggered.

Did the craigmire crypts last night. First 2 bosses are easy, the 3rd was tough. I got him down though on the 3rd try. I went in the room and spread my guys along the back wall. Attack the boss once, then start downing the adds. By the time there down the pets have decent agro on the boss and kept him away from the party for the most part. Working on better healing macros so hopefully bosses will be easier when I get them done. The adds from the bosses in the game really make things a pain.

I'm kinda low level for the place though, i'm sure it will be easy once all my guys are 25+ for that dungeon.

I have a level 50 Tank waiting if I need to replace my slot 1 char. So far I think 5xDC is viable though. i really wish there was a way to control your pets though, or at least send them to attack. Has anyone figured anything out for this ?

Love your breakout of the strategy - you should maybe making guides for the different bosses! I'm sure it would help alot of people out with their multi-boxing. :)

I can tell you from my experiences with the GF (tank) it doesn't work all that great. Since you are usually in melee range with the boss, it becomes harder to see "behind your back" where the ads are in relation to the rest of your party. I'm testing my setup with a GF I decided to level with the CWs. However, with my DC as main, I'm usually between the boss and party and am in charge of healing my 4 CWs. The pets (1 dire wolf, 4 men-at-arms) are all over the boss, so I just keep them healed as well... the pets usually are the last to die in a wipe, so they are pretty durable despite not being true tank pets. I'd really like to try the 5 tank pets like you have sometime. ;)

To answer your question about getting the pets to attack, the way I have NeverBoxer set up it seems to do it automatically. When the CWs start their ranged attacks, the pets jump at the targets and attack in melee range. See this screenshot:

This is typically how it looks when I'm fighting. When it's bosses, of course, ads are running all over. I save my AOE/dailies to kill off the ads (Ice storm) if they rush my CWs. Again, the pets go automatically at target once the CWs start shooting and draw Boss aggro. It's not true control over your pets, but you do control when and where they attack.

My obne afterthought is perhaps the kind of pets you are using? The dog/wolf and man-at-arms rush/jump to target. Do the tank pets do simiar or are they more passive defensive types? Just wondering if pet behavior comes into play. I know the cleric companions tend to stay at range and "plink" targets and Ioun stones are great for buffing your chars, but I think a party benefits more from having more active targets on the field to keep the enemy busy/at bay. Thoughts?

Hope some of this helps?
Last edited by Sylver on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Sylver wrote:I'm on Dragon server, I noticed that was missing. ^^

Maybe I'll see some of you in game. :)

Currently have various teams I'm trying, but focusing on DC/GF & 4 CWs. Seems most ppl who play NeverBoxer want to go GF, so I'm testing it most.

So far so good - cheers!
Updated to reflect Dragon server... Based upon what I have seen I think teams pretty much need at least one Cleric but may be able to get by without a GF tank.

I am curious whether GF + 4 CWs work in 5 man dungeons at level while leveling and at cap.

I am curious whether DC + 4 CWs work in 5 man dungeons at level while leveling and at cap.

What levels are your groups ?
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:01 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Hi Everyone, just thought I would add my Team to this thread.

I'm using 5xDevoted Clerics with 5xDefender Pets. I bought a Kaleb & Neverwinter guard so i have some semi decent tanks. With 5xAstral Seals and 5xSun Nova the pets have made it through every boss. Sometimes 1 or 2 die, never had a boss get through all 5 though.

There Level 22 to 25 right now. I started a few on there own before I figured out ISboxer so the levels are a bit staggered.

Did the craigmire crypts last night. First 2 bosses are easy, the 3rd was tough. I got him down though on the 3rd try. I went in the room and spread my guys along the back wall. Attack the boss once, then start downing the adds. By the time there down the pets have decent agro on the boss and kept him away from the party for the most part. Working on better healing macros so hopefully bosses will be easier when I get them done. The adds from the bosses in the game really make things a pain.

I'm kinda low level for the place though, i'm sure it will be easy once all my guys are 25+ for that dungeon.

I have a level 50 Tank waiting if I need to replace my slot 1 char. So far I think 5xDC is viable though. i really wish there was a way to control your pets though, or at least send them to attack. Has anyone figured anything out for this ?
Welcome and thanks for sharing !

My GF+DC duo has the purple Dire Wolf & Panther and they were great for quite awhile though both started dying a ton after the 40s & 50s even in quest boss fights (not real dungeons) so I switched to Ioun Stones as my main pets. Those are both Strikers so I am curious if the more tankish pets can survive in 5 mans all the way to cap and at cap. At this point I am fine with my Duo as I have 4 other guild members at cap to do 5 mans with so no need to have my own 5 man team (and my PC doesn't currently handle more than 2-3 clients very well)...

I am very interested to see how things go for your 5 DC team at cap. I think it is good/wise that you have a GF waiting at 50 but you would be the first pure 5xDC team to try at cap if/when you get there. I added you to the list and please keep us updated.
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:44 pm

nodoze wrote: Updated to reflect Dragon server... Based upon what I have seen I think teams pretty much need at least one Cleric but may be able to get by without a GF tank.

I am curious whether GF + 4 CWs work in 5 man dungeons at level while leveling and at cap.

I am curious whether DC + 4 CWs work in 5 man dungeons at level while leveling and at cap.

So far in the mid-20's. I've spent most of my time tweaking the Never-Boxer that I've not had much game time. :roll:

I'm having far more success at DC than with GF, but then, I'm far more experienced with DC than GF - so I'll let you know as I progress. I'm going to aim for reaching 60 on them in a week or two now that I'm mostly finished with NeverBoxer's core setup and documentation.

I will say that the 4 CWs really deliver a punch. Anything less than a full dungeon Boss is toast in seconds - Full DPS salvo (normal dungeon trash mobs already dead here)+ CC + more DPS during cooldown + CC + Full Salvo DPS and then even the "tough" dungeon mobs are already dead. Anything that rushes the CWs gets annihilated by ice storm so I save up all 4 dailys before a BOSS to just clean trash or for emergencies (round-robin them as needed). Or you can use all 4 dailys simultaneously to pretty much knock out a BOSS - works great.

I'm also going to swap out the Man-at-Arms for all dogs and wolves once the current pets hit cap. Those striker canines really keep the mobs under control with their interrupts and knock-backs. Man-at-arms has good survivability, but dogs seem to work better and seem to get in the fight faster.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:56 am

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote: Updated to reflect Dragon server... Based upon what I have seen I think teams pretty much need at least one Cleric but may be able to get by without a GF tank.

So far in the mid-20's. I've spent most of my time tweaking the Never-Boxer that I've not had much game time. :roll:

I'm having far more success at DC than with GF, but then, I'm far more experienced with DC than GF - so I'll let you know as I progress. I'm going to aim for reaching 60 on them in a week or two now that I'm mostly finished with NeverBoxer's core setup and documentation.

I will say that the 4 CWs really deliver a punch. Anything less than a full dungeon Boss is toast in seconds - Full DPS salvo (normal dungeon trash mobs already dead here)+ CC + more DPS during cooldown + CC + Full Salvo DPS and then even the "tough" dungeon mobs are already dead. Anything that rushes the CWs gets annihilated by ice storm so I save up all 4 dailys before a BOSS to just clean trash or for emergencies (round-robin them as needed). Or you can use all 4 dailys simultaneously to pretty much knock out a BOSS - works great.

I'm also going to swap out the Man-at-Arms for all dogs and wolves once the current pets hit cap. Those striker canines really keep the mobs under control with their interrupts and knock-backs. Man-at-arms has good survivability, but dogs seem to work better and seem to get in the fight faster.
GL and please keep us updated. In the high 30s to high 40s I took my GF+DC duo into multiple dungeons with 2 of my guild mates. We were able to 4man most of the 5 man dungeons but it was hard and our companions kept dying on bosses more and more as we progressed.

Both of my companions were purple (Panther on my DC & Dire Wolf on my GF) and as I hit the 50s they kept dying on the mini-dungeons that were part of the quest chains in each area so I personally switched to Ioun stones in the 50s. One of my guild mate who is a Rogue (not a multi-boxer) hit a wall in the mid-50s and needed help from my GF+DC duo or another guild mate who is a solo GF to progress the mini-dungeons at the end of each area's quest chains.

I don't have experience with CWs but have heard they are tops on DPS (+control). In the real 5man dungeons the boss fights seemed to take longer and longer and damage mitigation and healing seemed essential. You may find in the end that a GF+DC+CWx3 is the needed combo at the higher levels to have mitigation, healing, & DPS...

Very interested in how things progress for your teams as no teams larger than 2mans have reported their progress & experiences past the mid 30s...
<<

zandokan

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:22 am

Im at the low 40s and the fact that my gear blows and prolly havent put all my feats or powerr on everything (since i'm waiting to hit 60 for that) I only choose the powers that I want 35/45/50 etc. My dungon/skirmish used to be cake now I cant survive with just a couple of heals through those so when I hit 60 im going to have to figure out how to get more heals our of my healer/macro (I havent spent any time on it) and also im not using the TAB from my CWs which is huge but I will put all my time at gearing and setinbg everything up when I hit 60. I let you know.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:08 pm

zandokan wrote:Im at the low 40s and the fact that my gear blows and prolly havent put all my feats or powerr on everything (since i'm waiting to hit 60 for that) I only choose the powers that I want 35/45/50 etc. My dungon/skirmish used to be cake now I cant survive with just a couple of heals through those so when I hit 60 im going to have to figure out how to get more heals our of my healer/macro (I havent spent any time on it) and also im not using the TAB from my CWs which is huge but I will put all my time at gearing and setinbg everything up when I hit 60. I let you know.

DCs just got a huge heal nerf in last patch and as is, healing is crap in this game. Im sure it will change eventually, but Im seriously considering trying out the healer companions instead of dogs just to compensate and get some heals to the rest of my party... :evil: Its ok when I use my DC main, but as GF, getting healz to the rest of the party becomes a potion guzzling contest. :lol:
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Sylver wrote:
zandokan wrote:Im at the low 40s and the fact that my gear blows and prolly havent put all my feats or powerr on everything (since i'm waiting to hit 60 for that) I only choose the powers that I want 35/45/50 etc. My dungon/skirmish used to be cake now I cant survive with just a couple of heals through those so when I hit 60 im going to have to figure out how to get more heals our of my healer/macro (I havent spent any time on it) and also im not using the TAB from my CWs which is huge but I will put all my time at gearing and setinbg everything up when I hit 60. I let you know.

DCs just got a huge heal nerf in last patch and as is, healing is crap in this game. Im sure it will change eventually, but Im seriously considering trying out the healer companions instead of dogs just to compensate and get some heals to the rest of my party... :evil: Its ok when I use my DC main, but as GF, getting healz to the rest of the party becomes a potion guzzling contest. :lol:
Ouch not good to hear. My duo GF + DC had no issues with any of the questline stuff including the mini-dungeons at the end of each area such that I rarely used potions.

We also were able to heal through the full 5man dungeons we did in the 30s-50s as a 4 man group except for the werewolf one which required too much mobility and we got too many adds (I think they made that dungeon easier in the recent patches as it was too hard for most groups).

My DC is healing speced with mainly green power gear as we leveled I found that with mitigation on the GF & my DC casting Astral Seal & Sacred Flame with Healing word periodically to supplement was plenty of healing. I will let you know after I get back from vacation if I notice a big difference. Since I kept my Cleric back on boss fights and used her Dodge to zip out of trouble the Sun Burst didn't help with healing the GF Tank but did seem to help keep her topped off and to help mow down adds.

My boss fighting basically consisted of the following:

- Opening salvo: My GF pops 'Into the Fray' & when in range of the enemy I left click & the GF does 'Threatening Rush' running up to marking all the targets & the DC marks the main target with Astral Seal to give healing on hits;

- AOEs: GF does 'Enforced Threat' & the DC puts a Healing word on the GF.
- AOEs: GF does Front Line Surge & DC does Sun Burst;

If they aren't dead at this point then I keep right clicking causing the GF to do 'Cleave or block/hit' & the DC to 'Sacred Flame' giving the GF Temp hit points/healing until the cool downs are up on the above.
Last edited by nodoze on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:31 pm

nodoze wrote:
Sylver wrote:

Ouch not good to hear. My duo GF + DC had no issues with any of the questline stuff including the mini-dungeons at the end of each area such that I rarely used potions.

We also were able to heal through the full 5man dungeons we did in the 30s-50s as a 4 man group except for the werewolf one which required too much mobility and we got too many adds (I think they made that dungeon easier in the recent patches as it was too hard for most groups).

My DC is healing speced with mainly green power gear as we leveled I found that with mitigation on the GF & my DC casting Astral Seal & Sacred Flame with Healing word periodically to supplement was plenty of healing. I will let you know after I get back from vacation if I notice a big difference. Since I kept my Cleric back on boss fights and used her Dodge to zip out of trouble the Sun Burst didn't help with healing the GF Tank but did seem to help keep her topped off and to help mow down adds.

Have you tried it in the last 4 days? DC healz are gone. You won't see any healers in PvP anymore because Astral Seal got double-nerfed. It seems that healing word is the best way to heal nowadays - luckily you can target SLOT1-5 and deliver it that way. I'm curious to see what degree of success you guys have post-patch.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Sylver wrote: [deleted...]

Have you tried it in the last 4 days? DC healz are gone. You won't see any healers in PvP anymore because Astral Seal got double-nerfed. It seems that healing word is the best way to heal nowadays - luckily you can target SLOT1-5 and deliver it that way. I'm curious to see what degree of success you guys have post-patch.
No I haven't as I have been on vacation. Astral seal & 'Sacred Flame' helped but Healing word was typically the main healing before so if Astral Seal was the only nerf things may not be that bad for PvE. Since my main window is my GF the DC always healed me with Healing word (and healed her self) with no issues before so as a Duo I have never had to target any other slots.

Will try when I get back next week to see how much I notice the change.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter