FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TonyO

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:22 am

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

lemartes99 wrote:Try making Threatening Rush your main skill on your GF and just spam that. I started doing that and he's getting agro a lot better now. I also use enhanced mark on her. I was actually able to beat the 2nd Pirate King boss with 1 try yesterday with that strat, and he would give me a lot of problems before.

Which char is your main that you control ?

I control the GF though I would prefer to drive the CW. I haven't figured out how to get melee to run into the fight reliably when I'm controlling another character. The GF rush skill works great at the start of a fight, but while that's cooling down GF justs swings his sword and hops toward the next bad guy. I tried adding a 'follow' to my mouse1 combat key sequence for him, but it seems like too many commands in one or two steps (Hardlock on,Target Main, Assist,Follow, Mouse1), so follow and mouse1 did not get executed. By then I wanted to play, so I just started driving GF. I will have to take the time to read up other people's configs and fix my GF sequence.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:46 pm

TonyO wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:Try making Threatening Rush your main skill on your GF and just spam that. I started doing that and he's getting agro a lot better now. I also use enhanced mark on her. I was actually able to beat the 2nd Pirate King boss with 1 try yesterday with that strat, and he would give me a lot of problems before.

Which char is your main that you control ?

I control the GF though I would prefer to drive the CW. I haven't figured out how to get melee to run into the fight reliably when I'm controlling another character. The GF rush skill works great at the start of a fight, but while that's cooling down GF justs swings his sword and hops toward the next bad guy. I tried adding a 'follow' to my mouse1 combat key sequence for him, but it seems like too many commands in one or two steps (Hardlock on,Target Main, Assist,Follow, Mouse1), so follow and mouse1 did not get executed. By then I wanted to play, so I just started driving GF. I will have to take the time to read up other people's configs and fix my GF sequence.
I think the main advantage of the GF over any pets or other characters is the ability to control aggro and position mobs/bosses. Tanky pets can charge a mob/boss but can't run past them and taunt them away from the party. With potions and stones on top of great defense the GF is also the most survivable. It is also the only class able to boost your other characters a significant amount (60% power boost on armor plus I like the scream/shout that buffs everyone and lets you run fast). If you are going to put your GF into a background window there is a green spammable charge that you can use to get him around as long as targets are within charge range (I can't remember the name off the top of my head but it may the be the threatening rush ability). I use that green ability and the AoE cleave for my green abilities.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:33 pm

This did not work for me at all. Any reposition of the tank would usually result in the death of someone. Epic Boss fights are way to hectic, and the boss jumps around like mad in most of them. Theres also tons of adds that pop out of nowhere and half of them spam AOE, so if you can't see your group at all times someone gets thrown somewhere and out of healing range and dead. Most AOE only gives you a second to get out of the way. I tried alot different ways to get my team out of AOE, and nothing worked, just have to heal through it all. I also had a lot of targetting issues when controlling the tank. I might try Neverboxer with the GF leading, but I have my doubts that it would work. I think because this style of MMO is so new people are aproaching it like WOW, but the Boss fights here are much harder, i would even go as far to say most of the fights are even more complicated than RAID fights in WOW.

Are both of you using Neverboxer with your 5-Man setups ?

@Tony - you get Threatening Rush at 40 I think, its an At-Will but limited range. I find this works out anyways as I find its best to get my whole team inside of Astral Shields, so I keep my team close if i can. Things are working better for me now that I use that instead of cleave as main attack.
<<

TonyO

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:11 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Are both of you using Neverboxer with your 5-Man setups ?

@Tony - you get Threatening Rush at 40 I think, its an At-Will but limited range. I find this works out anyways as I find its best to get my whole team inside of Astral Shields, so I keep my team close if i can. Things are working better for me now that I use that instead of cleave as main attack.

No, I tried Neverboxer but I preferred my keyboard layout from LOTRO so I created a new config. I have loaded Neverboxer to look at how Sylver solved problems though, when I was creating my key maps.
Speaking of which, to make your team get out of the way when the floor turns red, Sylver has a "Party Scatter" and i have one similar assigned to numpad0. Posting from my phone, so no screen shots but the gist of mine is a keymap with two steps, s->all twice in both steps, and its executed when "pressed or released" This works for me.
I'm trying a similar approach to make my tank "follow" to the mob and others stop following--Combat Assist keymap is two steps executed when pressed and released, which means I must double click to start a fight then hold mouse1 to tank and spank.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:46 pm

TonyO wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:Are both of you using Neverboxer with your 5-Man setups ?

No, I tried Neverboxer but I preferred my keyboard layout from LOTRO so I created a new config. I have loaded Neverboxer to look at how Sylver solved problems though, when I was creating my key maps.
Speaking of which, to make your team get out of the way when the floor turns red, Sylver has a "Party Scatter" and i have one similar assigned to numpad0. Posting from my phone, so no screen shots but the gist of mine is a keymap with two steps, s->all twice in both steps, and its executed when "pressed or released" This works for me.
I'm trying a similar approach to make my tank "follow" to the mob and others stop following--Combat Assist keymap is two steps executed when pressed and released, which means I must double click to start a fight then hold mouse1 to tank and spank.
To run on the GF and effectively heal from the background slaves, I would read each of these threads:

- Solved: Casting AoE centered on Self (building block) : viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4348

- Effective Slave Background DC Healer Divinity Meter leverage : viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4347

- Effective Slave Background Healer AoE targeting of Tank : viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4285

I tested the above extensively on the practice dummies and used them in my Duo to heal my GF & guild-mates in the Foreground from my DC in the background.

I generally do not move my cleric but rather try to heal through things that come their way but try to minimize what comes to them by having the GF taunt things off the DC. The GF is close enough to easily see the DC but not close enough to have too much red AoE hit the cleric.

For a GF in Foreground with 4 DCs in Background, for "Tank & Spank" Bosses, I would try two Fire Teams in NeverBoxer as follows:

Note: Regardless of FireTeams, all 4 DCs rotate Hallowed Ground for 100% uptime;

- Fire Team B (locked on the Boss): 3 DC in background with 3 Pets (maybe 2 Neverwinter Guards & one Paladin); These 3 stay tightly grouped and AoE heal at their feet/floor and also do heals for those on the Boss; 2 DCs alternate Astral Shields (AS) beneath the 3 DCs (for 100% up-time) and the 3rd DC put AS on the boss for the 3 pets + whatever else healing/DPS cast on the boss; While these 3 pets can't reposition the Boss, they should be able to keep a Boss in one place (unless it is a teleporting or random/target boss);

- Fire Team A (changes focus to what ever the foreground window focuses on): GF+DC; Note: This 4th DC in background is parked with the others benefiting from their ASs & helping with Hallowed Ground but targets the GF's target; Use the GF to taunt the boss sufficiently away from the DCs (but not real far away and certainly well within Hallowed Ground) and then let the 3 pets take over aggro and stop taunting the boss (GF only taunt the boss from this point forward if you need to reposition Boss). When the adds come have GF round them up off the 4 DCs (with the 3 pets staying on the boss) and DPS the adds down (the DCs can alternate bursts to push the adds back until the GF has them thinned). GF gets some healing from the 4th DC who is targeting his target but also use potions/stones judiciously. When the GF has the adds under control the GF gets back on the Boss (but doesn't taunt so he can peel off for add duty if/as needed);

Have you tried Fire-Teams and any strategies like that ?
Last edited by nodoze on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

TonyO

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:16 pm

nodoze wrote:Have you tried Fire-Teams and any strategies like that ?

Sort of, no fire teams in ISBoxer yet. I use a ghetto tactic to send a tank pet on one minion, then party attack the boss. My team all have one tank and one healer companion each, so I normally have several tanks out, certain to have one on the character I'm driving before a boss fight.
However that ghetto tactic isn't working in the Artifact quest, where I encounter three mini-bosses at a time, so it's time for me to set up Fire-Teams.
<<

alklas

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 am

do you mean that this is possible to have 2 pets for 1 played character ?

nevermind, i think i understood what you mean : each of your character has at least 2 pets (1 heal and 1 tank) so among 5, you still have several tank pets currently used
<<

TonyO

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 pm

alklas wrote:do you mean that this is possible to have 2 pets for 1 played character ?

nevermind, i think i understood what you mean : each of your character has at least 2 pets (1 heal and 1 tank) so among 5, you still have several tank pets currently used

Yes and you say it more coherently than I (mon français est presque aussi mauvais que mon anglais). I can only have one pet summoned at a time per character.
My current team has one baby tank, 5 levels lower than the rest so he takes a beating. so I have healer and tank companions take up slack. Players with more DC would not need as many healer pets as i use, in my opinion.
<<

lemartes99

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Ok I might try out neverboxer.

I'm just using a super simple setup that sends the main keys to all chars. I made a key that makes everyone but the tank follow me and try to use that for AOE, but it doesn't work too well. I'll have to try making a scatter key.

Let me know if you find a way to get the tank to follow a mob, this would be ideal.
<<

TonyO

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:34 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Let me know if you find a way to get the tank to follow a mob, this would be ideal.

Yes, but it's not very effective. A two-step combat assist will make the GF follow the mob (executed when "pressed or released" Step one: hardlock on, target main, assist; Step two: follow->GF, follow off->Non-GF) however when GF is within 25 feet or so he just saunters casually toward the mob. So that tactic isn't good enough for a tank in combat, but it may do until you get Threatening Rush.
My baby tank now has Threatening Rush and with Lunging Strikes the tank is nearly always up in the grill while I'm controlling whoever I wish.

Here is my team now:
CW (42) Neverember Guard (Driving)
GF (35) Neverember Guard
HR (41) Cave Bear
HR (41) Helmite Paladin Ghost
DC (42) Helmite Paladin Ghost

I also have been using a fairly simple keymap for combat up to now. My mouse1 in combat mode is the only really complex keymap I have, a mix of mouse and q-e-r steps calling other keymaps crafted for each character class. Mouse2, q, e, r, 1, and 2 all simply assist and repeat to all. I use F1 - F5 to target party members (different from Neverboxer). Also different from Neverboxer, I use Numpad1 - Numpad5 to heal slot 1 - 5 and make that slot drink a potion in slot 4. Numpad6 makes DC heal my target (for drive-by healing).
Next for me, I'll read up the threads that nodoze graciously bumped for us (thank you, Sir!) to set up my single DC healing like a pro throughout tough boss fights. And now, for fire teams I'm thinking I'll use a toggle, say numpadDivide, that turns my q,e,r into fire-team commands.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter