FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Try foundries for leveling.

AAA Savage Grinder is the best I found, during foundry hour its great XP and you should be able to get 3-5 runs in. Gets boring though, but no more than questing. Better gear as well.

Thats good news the CW is still the top DPS, i won't bother leveling my hunters then, will just let invocation and leadership run its course.

And I can confirm the strat for Isrix is just crowd her, rotate between Singularity and Divinity Sun Burst to keep the hulks away. I used 2xRay of Enfeeblement/2xAstral Shot with -5%Damage on her and she didn't do much damage. nothing to worry about with 2x Astral Shields. no deaths this time.

So thats 2 dungeons farmable by us. Will try the spider one next as there is a confirmed clear on that one.

And yes, the final bosses are a major pain. Going to require a pretty complicated config to have any chance at all with them.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:42 pm

TonyO wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:Killed Isrix today.

Took a good 10 tries.

You're a trooper. Nice going!

lemartes99 wrote:Need to read up on Control Wizards as I don't know much about the class and need to optimize their damage potential.

I used Advanced Combat Tracker to verify that potential--CW is a badass. My Control Wizard nearly always does the highest dps in long fights, just a bit more than my 2 hunters (who aren't too shabby). AND one CW can keep a boss stunned the whole fight, by rotating three cc skills. Mind, this is only level 25 dungeons. The one mob that gives me trouble are the final bosses (immune to stuns) so I'm going to roll a guardian and level up to switch out one of the hunter rangers.

lemartes99 wrote:Can't wait for another team to get to 60 to see if we can figure out working strats for any of the other dungeons.

Should not be too long for me. My team is 24 after what, a week? However I will pause briefly to level up a guardian, and my play time will be less after the holidays. I should be there in about a month.

5MAN CW, DCx2, HRx2 (Level 24)
WOOT !!!

Way to go and agreed that you are a trooper !

Even though the coffin 4 corners don't work anymore I am glad that Idris is confirmed doable !

I think I mentioned this before (sorry if I didn't) but try to position your team in the corner on the second level at the end of the ledge furtherest from the stairs and then push the Hulks down to the first level... If you are controlling combat from your CW you should be able to use their push to easily control the angle off the ledge (you can teleport and then push and then teleport back if you don't like moving)...

It is crazy that CW have the best CC yet also are way up there on DPS (including AoE DPS)...

After hearing your reports I am glad I kept my CWs as higher priority than my Rangers...

Thanks again for sharing and I will circle back to update the Original Post...

EDIT: Looking at the screenshot it looks like your party make-up was GF+DCx2+CWx2. Assuming you used the pets in the screenshot I am not 100% sure what some of those pets are named...

Please confirm which classes of your level 60s you were using and which one was in your Foreground and also which pets you used in the win... Unlike most folk you have many and I wasn't 100% sure which combo of character classes you used with which pets nor which character was your lead/forground window character...
<<

lemartes99

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:59 am

Yes I used 2x DC, 2x CW, 1x GF. I control with a DC.
I use divinity sunburst to launch the hulks. (When you use 2, and one is the main, there is a quarter second delay so they get launched twice for a pretty big distance)
Between that and 2xIcy terrain they arn't a problem anymore.

I park myself in the corner on the second level, against the wall so isrix can't scatter my team.
The fight is pretty simple now and I just brute force it, 2x DC can heal through it pretty easy. So not only is idris doable, it is 100% farmable. Very rare anyone dies. (And profitable as I have gotten the hunter armor twice now)

The pets you see in the pic are the pets I currently use except theres usually 2x Lillend (2xLillend, 2x Fire Archon and the Rust Monster), i'm not 100% sure which ones survive (or are even useful in the fight) but I was planning on monitoring that myself now that I have the fight down pretty good. Will be logging some runs in there. Sill working on the ghost paladins and a second one is now blue - unfortunately my epic one is on one of the Clerics i replaced. Will bring him out of retirement to check if the seals stack though. Shouldn't be too long, especially if i keep getting hunter armor to drop.

The powers I use for idris are:

(Tab, Q, E, R)

DC - Default Tab - Sunburst - Forgemaster - Astral Shield
CW - Ray of Enfeeblement - Icy terrain - Fanning the Flame - Steal Time
GF - Default Tab - Lunging Strike - Enforced Threat - Into The Fray

These match up pretty good, the only one that isn't optimal is into the fray since its cool down is about 3 seconds less than Shield/Steal Time.
The Ray of Enfeeblement is great on Tab as it gets 2 charges and goes off when I start divinity, and then when I end it. Currently working on getting the T2 Armor that reduces its cooldown by 30% for the wizards.

For daily's I have it setup like this.

When i press 1

DC#1 - Hallowed Ground
DC#2 - Artifact (Currently Lantern)
CW#1 - Singularity
CW#2 - Artifact (Currently the shopkeeper one)
GF - Tries to cast both Daily and Artifact (Healing one)

When I press 2 it's reversed.

Its a cool combo as hallowed ground gives a good damage buff, and the lantern adds a second buff, and since singularity takes a second to go off both the buffs are up for it.

Pirate King is next, pretty sure I can get him down as I got him 50% on my test run. Need to make a few upgrades first before going back.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:16 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Yes I used 2x DC, 2x CW, 1x GF. I control with a DC.
I use ... Pirate King is next, pretty sure I can get him down as I got him 50% on my test run. Need to make a few upgrades first before going back.
Thanks for the clarifications and for the updates on tactics/combos and what not.

Sorry for the delay in updating the list in the Initial Post at top...

With all the new variations in pets and what not it was getting too complex to maintain them information on the companions as well as the team... I couldn't easily list them all in the top and keep everything on one line so I debated on dropping listing the companions all together... That didn't sit well with me either and I don't want to give up on capturing companion info so I decided to sleep on it...

After sleeping on it I had the idea of copying the list of companions from the official wiki and adding my own abbreviations so I could make things fit and that list is now in the previously reserved post #3... If this works and isn't to difficult to keep with as things change over time I will try to keep it reaonsably up to date with at least the ones people have tried and commented about. It is a little bit of a pain but I figured if people like Lemartes are taking the time to do such good testing and also willing to share and document for others then I will take the time to help summarize to honor their efforts...

Inital Post is now updated... Let me know if something is inaccurate or confusing otherwise no response is needed.

PS - Also, good job Tony getting to ~25th level. Looking forward to hearing your exploits at cap !
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Went back and got revenge on Travis this weekend. Killed him on the 2nd try. Not that bad now with the control wizards.

Not much to say about the strategy, just lock onto him and get Singularity off every chance you get. Despite being a low gear score dungeon, the boss was still very hard since my team got scattered and he jumped around alot. Would prolly work better if I could fight him in the corner or something. Not sure if I will bother working on a better strat though as the loot isn't very good in there.
Attachments
Traven-Kill.jpg
Traven-Kill.jpg (109.51 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Finally beat a T2.

Fight was very hard and I barely beat him. The adds killed me shortly after but no big deal as they then disappeared and I got the loot.
I am going to save up for 4xCantankerous Mages and see how there repel works as the adds in this fight are absolutely nuts. The wisps didn't help that much for the boss, but were good going through the dungeon with there stun.

I used divinity sun burst every chance I could to get the adds away.

Took 3 tries to get him down.
I also tried the Temple of Spiders this weekend but couldn't make much of a dent for the final boss. Will just concentrate on getting better at killing the king, I did pretty good on the loot since it was during a dungeon delves.

Going to try Castle Never and Malabog soon and hopefully can beat the first boss. Never been to those ones though, not even just playing 1 char.
Attachments
Pirate-King-Kill.jpg
Pirate-King-Kill.jpg (44.97 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Updated IP.

Looks like you are picking up some steam. Are you liking your GF in the party?
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 pm

nodoze wrote:Updated IP.

Looks like you are picking up some steam. Are you liking your GF in the party?

Yes and no.

The biggest bonus I can see is that it frees up our companions choices.
He doesn't really hold agro any better than pets though, decent against one or 2 mobs, but when theres a group they still all come after my Healers/Wizards.

I switched Lunging Strike with Frontline Surge and he does a little more damage than my healers now but it's still not very good.
Into the fray is very good, as well as the Knights Captain 4 piece bonus.
<<

TonyO

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:10 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Try foundries for leveling.

AAA Savage Grinder is the best I found, during foundry hour its great XP and you should be able to get 3-5 runs in. Gets boring though, but no more than questing. Better gear as well.

Thanks for the tip. AAA Savage Grinder is great xp and yes, it gets boring. I made another grinder that's a little more challenging. I use the overland map to start instead of the stack of boxes in Protector's Enclave, so the launch should be a little friendlier for boxers. Look for Swamp Grinder 1.3 if you'd like to try it.

lemartes99 wrote:
nodoze wrote:Are you liking your GF in the party?
He doesn't really hold agro any better than pets though, decent against one or 2 mobs, but when theres a group they still all come after my Healers/Wizards.

Concur. My GF is level 30 now with a rank 16 Neverember Guard companion. The companion with the same hitpoints (~10k) outlasts my GF in boss fights. Appreciate you sharing your findings. I'm disappointed that GF doesn't seem to become a better tank at cap. So I'm thinking I'll park the GF and switch back to my previous 5MAN, CW DCx2 HRx2.

I completed Cragmire Crypts dungeon with this team:
GF (31) Neverember Guard
CW (37) Helmite Paladin Ghost
HR (37) Cave Bear
HR (36) Neverember Guard
DC (37) Neverember Guard
Attachments
screenshot_2014-01-18-09-16-36-small.jpg
Cragmire Crypts final boss
screenshot_2014-01-18-09-16-36-small.jpg (194.06 KiB) Viewed 8986 times
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:28 am

Try making Threatening Rush your main skill on your GF and just spam that. I started doing that and he's getting agro a lot better now. I also use enhanced mark on her. I was actually able to beat the 2nd Pirate King boss with 1 try yesterday with that strat, and he would give me a lot of problems before.

Which char is your main that you control ?
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter