FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:06 am

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

I still don't have 2 paladins leveled to epic so not sure if they stack. Each of my chars has one though and I plan on raising them to epic over the next few months. Pretty much have all the companions I need now and just need to level them now.

If anyone is curious I have settled on

Clerics - Lillend / Paladin / Pig / Leprechan / Tank (1 guard/1 Caleb)
CW - Fire Archon / Paladin / Pig / Wisp / ??? (Either Lillends or the Wererat Thief)
GF - Neverember Guard / Rust monster / Acolyte / Pig / Blacksmith

If they dont stack i will prolly switch them to something else as the active bonus isn't that great. The thing i really liked about the paladin is once the seal is applied you get heals from ranged attacks so if they stack I will have 4 of them out with an extra tank on the GF if he stays on the team.

I'm also really loving the pig, the heal has really helped me when controlled. Will definitely raise to epic.

If only pets were account bound.

Would be curious to hear what combos other people are using/planning on using.
<<

TonyO

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:30 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Let me know how the bears work out as I considered trying one of them. If only there was a pet tank that hit multiple targets.

I remembered you mentioned you were curious about Cave Bears so I got one last night. I was impressed with it. I ran some quests in Tower District with level 14 duo, one with the bear and the other with a Galeb Dhur (yes that's a G and I've been misspelling it) that happened to be at the same level (both rank 4). My impression is the bear (green) can hold aggro about the same, maybe even better than the epic Galeb, (mind you i spent $30 to get a galeb before they went on sale, and the bear was on sale for $5). At the same rank, the bear has fewer hit points but about the same damage mitigation. So in my opinion a Cave Bear is an awesome starter Companion for the price. The Galeb seems more like an epic striker with 5k hit points.

I haven't done a side-by-side with a stock Neverember Guard but I'm pretty sure it's a better tank than both the bear and the galeb, even before you upgrade to epic.

Edit: Taking another look at the galeb on screen, at rank 6 he has 5,340 hit points.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:08 pm

I tested Galeb and the Guard quite a bit, using Advanced Combat Tracker to monitor there stats (I made a thread about companions with details of the tests).

but the jist of it is

Galeb grabs initial agro like a boss, but after that he is mediocre. Lowest damage of prolly any pet, and no follow up taunt. His heal is decent, but not as good as the guards. He also has no debuffs, and I think (Not positive) the guards shield bash adds weaken. Hard to tell in the mess of combat and weaken isn't in the combat log. Active bonus is meh.

Neverember guard - has a fast taunt and will grab and lock agro. His heal is awesome, he was always the last tank alive when I ran a full 5 pet tank group. Damage was good for a tank, only second to the shield, but the shield had no heal. his heal does not seem to have a cooldown, as from my tests it healed for massive amounts and it was quite large (15% of his HP). Active bonus is good.

Out of the 3 tanks I own this is how I rate them.

DPS - 1. Shield 2. Guard 3. Galeb
Agro 1. Guard 2. Galeb 3. Shield
Heal. 1. Guard 2. Galeb 3. Shield

1x Galeb & 1x guard make a pretty nice combo, but if i knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bought Galebs.

I don't doubt the bear holds agro better, as Galeb's taunt is on a 2 minute cooldown, and there is no way to lower it. (Recovery has minimal effect on pets, only lowers there primary ability by a piddly amount) The only good thing about Galeb is that is it a ranged taunt (But the guard charges which is pretty much just a good), so the second after you attack he picks up the mob.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Oh and just so you know, all tanks will have identical HP at the same level so that isn't a factor when choosing. I have Galeb/Guard/Shield at epic and they have the same. All the other classes also have the same HP, roughly 3K less than tanks.

I also lucked out and one of my Lillends got tank stats. Not sure if its a bug or if Lillends are random in what you get.

Definately check out my companion thread on gearing them so you don't waste money. Theres a pretty steep soft cap on companion gear, and some stats are pretty useless for them.
<<

TonyO

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:57 pm

lemartes99 wrote:I tested Galeb and the Guard quite a bit, using Advanced Combat Tracker to monitor there stats (I made a thread about companions with details of the tests).

Thank you for testing and sharing what you found. Trial and error with different Companion combos can get expensive, and not everyone enjoys testing different combos (I do, think its fun). In case anyone else missed it, that post here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4924 A very informative discussion of Companions, especially tanks, which i recommend you read before choosing companions.

lemartes99 wrote:but the jist of it is

Galeb grabs initial agro like a boss, but after that he is mediocre. Lowest damage of prolly any pet, and no follow up taunt. His heal is decent, but not as good as the guards. He also has no debuffs, and I think (Not positive) the guards shield bash adds weaken. Hard to tell in the mess of combat and weaken isn't in the combat log. Active bonus is meh.

Neverember guard - has a fast taunt and will grab and lock agro. His heal is awesome, he was always the last tank alive when I ran a full 5 pet tank group. Damage was good for a tank, only second to the shield, but the shield had no heal. his heal does not seem to have a cooldown, as from my tests it healed for massive amounts and it was quite large (15% of his HP). Active bonus is good.

Out of the 3 tanks I own this is how I rate them.

DPS - 1. Shield 2. Guard 3. Galeb
Agro 1. Guard 2. Galeb 3. Shield
Heal. 1. Guard 2. Galeb 3. Shield

1x Galeb & 1x guard make a pretty nice combo, but if i knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bought Galebs.

I don't doubt the bear holds agro better, as Galeb's taunt is on a 2 minute cooldown, and there is no way to lower it. (Recovery has minimal effect on pets, only lowers there primary ability by a piddly amount) The only good thing about Galeb is that is it a ranged taunt (But the guard charges which is pretty much just a good), so the second after you attack he picks up the mob.

At the moment I have Neverember Guard x 2, Galeb Dhur, Cave Bear, Acolyte (on idle are badger, acolyte, and wolf). This combo seems fine enough for midlevels. If i were to start over rolling my all-ranged 5Man, knowing what I've read here, thinking I would put a Neverember Guard and a Paladin on every character as early as I could afford. That way I save money I would have spent on a companion I would have ditched later. Each time I send a guard off to training, summon a paladin to start leveling. I will probably do that. Well I'll keep the Galeb (sunk $30 bucks in him after all).
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:02 pm

TonyO wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:I tested Galeb and the Guard quite a bit, using Advanced Combat Tracker to monitor there stats (I made a thread about companions with details of the tests).

Thank you for testing and sharing what you found. Trial and error with different Companion combos can get expensive, and not everyone enjoys testing different combos (I do, think its fun). In case anyone else missed it, that post here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4924 A very informative discussion of Companions, especially tanks, which i recommend you read before choosing companions.
At the moment I have Neverember Guard x 2, Galeb Dhur, Cave Bear, Acolyte (on idle are badger, acolyte, and wolf). This combo seems fine enough for midlevels. If i were to start over rolling my all-ranged 5Man, knowing what I've read here, thinking I would put a Neverember Guard and a Paladin on every character as early as I could afford. That way I save money I would have spent on a companion I would have ditched later. Each time I send a guard off to training, summon a paladin to start leveling. I will probably do that. Well I'll keep the Galeb (sunk $30 bucks in him after all).
Since the conversation here moved to mainly companions I posted my response under the awesome companion focused thread:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4924&p=23837#p23837

I recommend we keep the companion focused discussions over there and when our team's make-ups actually change we post here. Either is fine but I would hate for this thread to lock due to getting off topic or for having too many posts...
<<

TonyO

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:36 pm

nodoze wrote:http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4924&p=23837#p23837

I recommend we keep the companion focused discussions over there and when our team's make-ups actually change we post here. Either is fine but I would hate for this thread to lock due to getting off topic or for having too many posts...

Will do. I was thinking the same, though I really appreciate the guidance you and lemartes99 gave me here as I formed a new team.

Pleased to report that I finished the Cloak Tower tonight. I got another Neverember Guard before going to CT. At the last boss fight, I wiped once, then finished when I used 5 Defender Companions. Here is my team now:

5MAN CW, DCx2, HRx2 (Level 16)
Companions: Neverember Guard x 3, Galeb Dhur, Cave Bear
<<

lemartes99

Post Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:44 am

Beat the dread legion skirmish a few times today.
Just stand your group beside the summoning portals, and the AOE will kill them while you handle the mobs. i just crowded the boss and focused on her, the dual frost rings from the wizards kept the adds pretty frozen.

On the upside, it was pretty easy.
On the downside, you get nothing. A useless level 1 transmutation item that is Bound on Pickup.

I might try it a few more times to see if anything useful drops.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Killed Isrix today.

Took a good 10 tries. Was getting real close when I finally realized it was the hulks killing me, so I stood near the ledge, locked onto isrix, and whenever the hulks came I divinity sun bursted them. When Isrix would teleport close to me I would drop 2xAstral Shields and try to get a divinity flame on her. The control wizards were both using all single target DPS spells. Went super smooth with no one really coming close to death. Not sure if it was a lucky run or the new strat that worked.

Need to read up on Control Wizards as I don't know much about the class and need to optimize their damage potential.
After all that she dropped a blue helm for me... Lol.

I also have the Last boss of Pirate King down to half, and pretty sure with better gear he will be doable.
Thinking of trying out if you can use follow on a mob, then I can just set the tank to follow the boss and won't have to rely on his charges to get around as I would rather use a different encounter rather than charge. Really need to figure out how I can toggle block though, will look into what my keyboard can do.

Can't wait for another team to get to 60 to see if we can figure out working strats for any of the other dungeons.
Attachments
Isrix-Kill.jpg
Isrix-Kill.jpg (129.81 KiB) Viewed 10530 times
Last edited by lemartes99 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

TonyO

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:16 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Killed Isrix today.

Took a good 10 tries.

You're a trooper. Nice going!

lemartes99 wrote:Need to read up on Control Wizards as I don't know much about the class and need to optimize their damage potential.

I used Advanced Combat Tracker to verify that potential--CW is a badass. My Control Wizard nearly always does the highest dps in long fights, just a bit more than my 2 hunters (who aren't too shabby). AND one CW can keep a boss stunned the whole fight, by rotating three cc skills. Mind, this is only level 25 dungeons. The one mob that gives me trouble are the final bosses (immune to stuns) so I'm going to roll a guardian and level up to switch out one of the hunter rangers.

lemartes99 wrote:Can't wait for another team to get to 60 to see if we can figure out working strats for any of the other dungeons.

Should not be too long for me. My team is 24 after what, a week? However I will pause briefly to level up a guardian, and my play time will be less after the holidays. I should be there in about a month.

5MAN CW, DCx2, HRx2 (Level 24)
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter