FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams

zandokan wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:Actually pushing off ledges would be easy for my group.

When I cast sun nova the main goes then, then a split second later the clones go. This pushes them twice, which on divinity launches them super far. Even non divinity pushes them away when 5 of them go at once.

I assume they will fix that in the future tho is pretty broken. We went to one instance and this grp pushed almost every grp off the ledge it was dumb but awesome at the same time.

I hope not - it's one of the few survival tools DC have that actually works. :) Especially give the number of ads that get thrown at the DCs all the time... :evil:
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 am

I updated this thread on Teams and asked for updates on the Epic Instances thread. As a testament to how hard this game is to Multi-box at Cap, I haven't seen any full clears of all 5 bosses on any Epic 5man yet.

Please reply to one or both threads with any updates...

In particular I was looking for any updates:

- if you have advanced in levels,
- changed the class/pet makeups of your teams, &/or
- if you have fully cleared/finished any Epic 5mans or Epic Skirmishes.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

nodoze wrote:I updated this thread on Teams and asked for updates on the Epic Instances thread. As a testament to how hard this game is to Multi-box at Cap, I haven't seen any full clears of all 5 bosses on any Epic 5man yet.

Please reply to one or both threads with any updates...

In particular I was looking for any updates:

- if you have advanced in levels,
- changed the class/pet makeups of your teams, &/or
- if you have fully cleared/finished any Epic 5mans or Epic Skirmishes.

Update for the NeverBoxer test group:

Now GF + 2DC + 2CW @ level 35. Pets are 4xMan at Arms & 1 Dire Wolf (main pet). Able to 5-man all skirmishes and normal content. Still working out the AOE attacks/heals for NeverBoxer 1.0 - some success there, but more tweaking needed. Damage output is about 80% of 4CW party, but with much greater survivability.

Alternate test group with 1 DC as main and 1GF + 1DC + 2CW is progressing equally well and with same pets. Starting to think that depending on dungeon, this is better as it allows greater healng and ad management. Time will tell...

Last test group is 2DC with 2 Men-at-Arms. Slow leveling but good survivability... Only really using this to test NeverBoxer with fewer party members - trying to make the config friendlier for 2-3 man teams.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:... Please reply to one or both threads with any updates ...
Update for the NeverBoxer test group:

Now GF + 2DC + 2CW @ level 35. Pets are 4xMan at Arms & 1 Dire Wolf (main pet). Able to 5-man all skirmishes and normal content. Still working out the AOE attacks/heals ...

Alternate test group with 1 DC as main and 1GF + 1DC + 2CW is progressing equally well and with same pets. Starting to think that depending on dungeon, this is better as it allows greater healng and ad management. Time will tell ...
Thanks for updates and I added them.

Even though your two main teams appear have the same classes but just different class in the Main window I added them separately to the list as different teams I think that kind of info (like which class in the main window seems best) is very important.

My instinct is that, assuming the 3 issues with Healing we documented in the other treads are addressed and automated, that having a GF in the main window will be best but I would be happy to be proven wrong (as long as it ends up with teams clearing 5mans). I think the biggest missing piece is still effective use of Divinity and AoEs on slaves.

Thanks also for putting info on being able to do skirmishes while leveling. I did not put any info on clearing skirmishes or normal content while leveling on the teams list as my experience was that they got progressively harder as you approach cap. I think having that info in the thread is great but plan to keep the bar for updates on the summary post to be cleared Epic 5mans and at Cap Epic Skirmishes.

Lastly I added notation at the end of the Teams listing to denote pets used (as far as I have seen shared shared so far)...
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I added to the list all the updates I could find.

One observation while leveling my new 5man group is that NeverBoxer makes it so much easier than just the basic KISS MB Duo that I started with. Before I couldn't run more than 2-3 clients with my machine bogging down but now it runs fine with a full 5man after doing all the recommended performance optimizations. Being able to see all the windows the way I can now and share/accept quests and what not with out leaving the main screen and having the main Foreground window fully maximized is great.

Thanks again Sylver for all the effort and for sharing. It is really nice.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:07 pm

nodoze wrote:I added to the list all the updates I could find.

One observation while leveling my new 5man group is that NeverBoxer makes it so much easier than just the basic KISS MB Duo that I started with. Before I couldn't run more than 2-3 clients with my machine bogging down but now it runs fine with a full 5man after doing all the recommended performance optimizations. Being able to see all the windows the way I can now and share/accept quests and what not with out leaving the main screen and having the main Foreground window fully maximized is great.

Thanks again Sylver for all the effort and for sharing. It is really nice.

I'm happy that you're liking it - and you're welcome as I'm glad it's helping people with this game. :)

This week, in addition to writing the guide and putting some final tweaks on the config before releasing into the wild, I've been experimenting on having the config change settings on the fly so that when you switch windows, it auto changes all the settings so that whatever character you are using has good graphics and everyone else gets lowest settings. So far, some success - perhaps later iterations of the config will see this come to fruition.

I think that you'll find being able to quickly switch between characters and direct the fight from that vantage point will make it even more fun. With GF in SLOT1 and DCs in SLOTS 2-3 I can quickly change between taking and heals. As you know, Astral Shield is kinda a pain, so I've been focusing this week (while I've been very sick) reading up on builds that use the other heals in the game. If this works, I think by NB 1.1 (when my DCs are all finally 60) I think I will have a fully operational out-of-the-box healing setup that will work well.

Another fun thing I've added to NB 1.0 is separate knockbacks for each fire-team. It's fun to put one fire-team on one side of a room, the other team opposite side and pull mobs to the center... and then ping-pong them back-and-forth with kockbacks between the two teams. By the time they finally reach the floor after being bounced twice they are already dead. Probably 2x as fun with 4 DCs! :lol:

Lots of fun ideas... so little time. ;)
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:21 pm

I updated the summary posts with the clearing of Epic Cragmire Crypts (CC) by Biggcarl. I also added a breakout in the second post for the Abbreviations for the Epic instances.

A summary of lessons from Bigcarl's team:
Bigcarl's twist is that his main Foreground window is his Control Wizard and he has 2 melee in his party (CW+DCx2+GF+TR) with an ioun stone on his main CW and the Leader/Healer companions on the rest. His mantra of "Good CC makes the fights easy" won the day though in the main Foreground Window "playing the CW ... was pretty rough till you get the hang of it."

His main is a 12k GearScore CW and basically can chain cast Arcane Singularity while the the rest of the group just kills the bosses. He casts one Astral shield at the DC's feet (for the 2 DCs & the CW) and the second DC puts an AS on the Tank to heal the TR & GF and any Companions nearby.

For more details read the original post and follow-up questions/answers: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4273&start=20#p20018
Last edited by nodoze on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:36 am

I also added the clearing of "The Throne of Idris" (TI) by Lesmartes99 by his DCx5 with 5 epic tank pets which was posted way back before I started recording which team makeups have cleared which instances... This was from 6/24: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4259
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Updated summary post as I got 3 more levels tonight to get my 5man CWx2+DCx3 to 23rd level (leveling them to combo with my existing 60 GF+DC duo)...
<<

Biggcarl

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:27 am

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

First boss is epic Temple of the spider and second boss

cleared Epic Cloak tower

Cleared epic spider
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter