FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 am

List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments

Note: I am going to try to maintain this thread by summarizing the feedback given in this original post so that people can get the gist of the thread but not have to read every post if it gets large. Please denote in any replies if your team ideas are ones you have actually implemented (and if so to what level) and what kinds of content you have tried (& whether successful or not).

Note that at least one BAN for Multi-Boxing has been reported and after that we came up with the following guidelines and thus far no others have been reported:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956&p=23796&hilit=ban#p23796

NW MB Teams Summary (as of 2015-02-09@20:15cst):

Team Composition......: Multi-Boxer...: Current Level: ...5mans@Cap?.....: Comments;

• 5man:DCx2+CWx2+GF....lemartes99:.....60 ............CT,TI,CC,PK,MC.....Beholder Server.....+pets:LLx2+FAx2+RM;
  • 5man:CW+DCx2+GF+TR:..Biggcarl:........60 ...............CT,CC,TS...........Dragon Server........+pets: rB+cLx4;
  • 5man:DCx2+CWx2+GF:...Kicksome:.......60 .................CT,PK.............???????? Server........+pets: tbd;
  • 5man:DCx5:................lemartes99:.....60 ...................CT................Beholder Server.....+pets: Dx5;
  • 5man:CW+GF+HRx2+DC:...TonyO:....... .60 ......................................Dragon Server........+pets: ng+ng+cb+p+p;
  • 5man:GF+DC+CWx3:......zandokan:.......60 ......................................Beholder Server;
  • 5man:GF+DCx4:............lemartes99:....60 ......................................Beholder Server.....+pets: eDx5;
  • 5man:DC+CWx4:...........djein:............60 ......................................??? Server;
  • 2man:GF+DC:..............Nodoze:..........60 ......................................Dragon Server........+pets: rBx2;
  • 5man:CWx2+DCx3:........Nodoze:.........40 ...<Leveling to join Duo@Cap>...Dragon Server........+pets: cDx2 & [b]eDx3;
  • 5man:DCx2+GF+CWx2:...Sylver:...........35 ......................................Dragon Server........+pets: eS+cDx4;
  • 5man:GF+DCx4:...........cmoidudu:.......34 ......................................Dragon Server;
  • 5man:GF+DCx2+CW+TR:.Digitalxero......25 .......................................Dragon Server;
  • 3man:GF+DC+CW:........ormempheus2...20 ....................................... ??? ;
  • 2man:DC+DC:..............gnetcham:......16 ......................................Dragon Server;
  • 5man:CWx5:...............FioraCorp:.......7 ........................................Mindflayer;
  • 2man:CW+CW:............gnetcham:.......?? .......................................Dragon Server;
  • 5man:GF+DCx4:...........Meshuggenah...?? .......................................Dragon Server?;
Notes:
*If that info is shared, the class listed first is the character that the MB prefers to run as his 'main' window in the Foreground and I tried to denote that where possible; If people were trying multiple options of characters as their main I tried to denote their observations as to which was more successful.

Abbreviations above for Classes are Guardian Fighter (GF), Great Weapon Fighter (WF), Devoted Clerc (DC), Control Wizard (CW), & Trickster Rogue (TR).

Note: See next Post (#2) in this thread for the Abbreviations for the Epic 5 man Dungeons/Instances at Level Cap (60);

Note: See following Post (#3) in this thread for the Abbreviations for the Companions used in [hopefully successful] runs; Note that initially I was tracking companions by the following notation with the following abbreviations but I stopped using these at the end of 2013 but I did not necessarily update the old lines in the summary (sorry for any confusion):
e=Epic, r=Rare, u-Uncommon, c=Common & D=Defender, S=Striker, L=Leader, B=Booster (like Ioun Stone or Cat)

Note: Lastly the replies after 4 and on on subsequent pages are in general where I get the information to keep this summary post updated. If a particular team makeup inspires you and you want more info I would search the many pages in this thread for them... In cases where I found other updates in other threads I tried to add a post at the end of the thread at that time with a link to the original source to denote the details and where they came from...;
Last edited by nodoze on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 89 times in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 am

List of Epic Instance Abbreviations

The following is the list of List of Epic Instance Abbreviations:

-Abbreviation - Name - Gear Score - Rewards;
-CT--62 The Cloak Tower 5700 Seal of the Unicorn T1 Bracers;
-CC--62 Cragmire Crypts 5700 Seal of the Unicorn T1 Boots and Rings;
-MD--62 Lair of the Mad Dragon 6800 Seal of the Unicorn T1 Helms and Belts;
-TI--62 The Throne of Idris 6800 Seal of the Unicorn T1 Armor and Off Hands;
-WD--62 Grey Wolf Den Vellosk 6800 Seal of the Unicorn T1 Main Hands and Necklaces;
-PK--65 Lair of the Pirate King 8300 Seal of the Drake T2 Off Hands and Necklaces;
-FH--65 The Frozen Heart 8300 Seal of the Drake T2 Boots and Belts;
-SC--65 Spellplague Caverns 8300 Seal of the Drake T2 Helms and Rings;
-TS--65 Temple of the Spider 8300 Seal of the Drake T2 Armor and Necklaces;
-CK--65 Caverns of Karrundax 8300 Seal of the Drake T2 Bracers and Belts;
-DV--65 The Dread Vault 8300 Seal of the Drake T2 Main Hands and Rings;
-CN--65 Castle Never 9200 Seal of the Drake T2.5 Main Hands, Off Hands, Jewelry and Belts;
-FC--Fardelver Crypt (Tier 1 dungeon from Gauntlgrym);
-DK--Dwarf King's Crypt (Tier 2 dungeon from Gauntlgrym);
-MC--Malabog Castle (from the Fury of the Feywild Expansion);
Last edited by nodoze on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 10, 2013 10:48 am

List of Companion and abbreviations...

The following are the abbreviations that I used above for companions:

Abbriv Name Initial Max Rank Type
ak [Acolyte of Kelemvor] 25 Leader
ap [Angel of Protection] 30 Leader
a [Aranea] 30 Striker
aa [Archmage's Apprentice] 20 Controller
aw [Armored Orc Wolf] 20 Striker
b [Blacksmith] 25 Striker
bd [Blink Dog] 20 Striker
bo [Boar] 20 Controller
bi [Book Imp] 30 Striker
cm [Cantankerous Mage] 25 Controller
cm [Cat] 25 Augment
cb [Cave Bear] 20 Defender
cd [Cleric Disciple] 15 Leader [1]
cd [Cleric Disciple] 20 Leader [1]
ci [Cold Iron Warrior] 20 Striker
ds [Damaran Shepherd] 15 Striker
db [Dancing Blade] 25 Striker
dh [Dancing Shield] 25 Defender
d [Dog] 15 Striker
d [Dog] 20 Striker
fi [Faithful Initiate] 20 Controller
fs [Fawn of Shiallia] 20 Leader
fp [Fey Panther] 25 Controller
fa [Fire Archon] 30 Striker
fm [Frost Mimic] 20 Defender
gd [Galeb Dhur] 30 Defender
gd [Ghost] 25 Controller
h [Hawk] 20 Striker
p [Helmite Paladin Ghost] 20 Leader
hb [Honey Badger] 30 Striker
hh [Hunting Hawk] 25 Striker
isi [Icosahedron Ioun Stone] 30 Augment
isa [Ioun Stone of Allure] 25 Augment
ism [Ioun Stone of Might] 20 Augment
jd [Jagged Dancing Blade] 25 Striker
l [Leprechaun] 25 Controller
lt [Lightfoot Thief] 25 Striker
ll [Lillend] 30 Leader [1]
ma [Man at Arms] 15 Defender
ma [Man at Arms] 20 Defender
me [Mercenary] 20 Striker
mp [Mystic Phoera] 30 Striker
ng [Neverember Guard] 25 Defender
p [Panther] 30 Striker
ps [Phase Spider] 25 Striker
po [Phoera] 30 Striker
pi [Pig] 20 Controller
ph [Portal Hound] 20 Defender
pu [Pseudodragon] 30 Striker
q [Quickling] 20 Striker
re [Renegade Evoker] 20 Striker
rm [Rust Monster] 30 Controller
ss [Sellsword] 15 Striker
sd [Skeletal Dog] 15 Striker
sd [Skeletal Dog] 25 Striker
s [Skeleton] 20 Striker
sk [Slyblade Kobold] 25 Striker
sp [Sprite] 30 Controller
sr [Storm Rider] 20 Striker
sy [Sylph] 30 Controller
t [Tomb Spider] 25 Controller
vd [Vicious Dire Wolf] 30 Striker
ww [Wayward Wizard] 15 Controller
ww [Wayward Wizard] 20 Controller
wt [Wererat Thief] 25 Striker
wr [Wild Hunt Rider] 20 Defender
wo [Will-O'-Wisp] 30 Controller
w [Wolf] 20 Striker

Note that this was taken as of 01/08/2014 from the following Official Neverwinter Wiki page:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion

Note that the abbreviations were just added by me by quickly making them up as I went through the list so I could have short-names at the top of the list of teams... If you are using a companion that isn't on this list nor on the current wiki please update this thread and let me know the mix that was successful and I will try to both update the original wiki and/or this list...
Last edited by nodoze on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 am

DUO: Tank(GF) / Healer(DC) -from Nodoze

Note: This is sample reply just to give others an idea of the info I think all of us would find useful when trying to list groups. I started this thread & did this initial reply fast & off the top of my head so feel free to give suggestions on things to add (and do so in your replies below) and will try to come back and update my team's info and the summary post.

- IS Boxer Window :.......Class :.................Role(s) (Comments);

• - Foreground window:.....Guardian Fighter:...Tank;
  • - Background Window 1:..Devoted Cleric:......Healer / AoE DPS;
  • - Background Window 2+: None at this point. First focusing on a viable Duo.
  • - Companion 1:.............Striker (Dire Wolf):..DPS/cc;
  • - Companion 2:.............Striker (Panther):....DPS (joins fights late);

Current Level of team: 16 (Multi-boxed entirely after the bridge on);

Types of content: Questing & one queue for 5-man Dungeon where 3 other players joined and the Duo tanked and healed; Finished the Tower Dungeon with just my 2 man team though I wiped at least 3 times and had to use many pots/stones & a few rez scrolls to finish the boss fights.

Evaluation thus far: Successful; Have never had a character nor companion die (outside the tower 5man) and so far have never needed to even use a single potion/consumable (outside the Tower 5man);

Speculation on future viability: Suspect it should continue to do well;

Comments: Once I finish some more tweaks & ideas I will try to start a separate thread with my setup and provide more detail as to my team's experience and strategy... Don't want to muck up this thread with that level of detail... If/when I do that I will try to remember to update this team's post with a link to details for this team;
Last edited by nodoze on Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams

I like the idea of just tossin up info on curent builds that worked thus far, Would be cool also if we can just get alot of isboxer players on same server and in "isboxer guild " lol
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 10, 2013 7:34 pm

gnetcham wrote:I like the idea of just tossin up info on curent builds that worked thus far, Would be cool also if we can just get alot of isboxer players on same server and in "isboxer guild " lol
I play on the Dragon Shard (server/world). I am not sure that I would go out of my way to advertise boxing at this point until we know whether Cryptic has officially endorsed or allowed Muti-boxing. If we can find some place where that can be known then I would consider joining.
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:54 pm

well doesnt have to be guild name "isboxer " lol

would just be nice to have a list of players that do box ingame for help and such or partyin in instances, but i can see the downside if someone wants to get emo and screw with us lol always a up and down side to things
<<

nodoze

Post Sat May 11, 2013 12:10 am

gnetcham wrote:well doesnt have to be guild name "isboxer " lol

would just be nice to have a list of players that do box ingame for help and such or partyin in instances, but i can see the downside if someone wants to get emo and screw with us lol always a up and down side to things
It may be a good idea & especially if duos or trios want to join forces to tackle 5mans or what not. Solo players may not be understanding but other boxers likely will be if you need to make an adjustment or what not or fix a keybind...
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat May 11, 2013 1:32 am

nodoze wrote:
gnetcham wrote:well doesnt have to be guild name "isboxer " lol

It may be a good idea & especially if duos or trios want to join forces to tackle 5mans or what not. Solo players may not be understanding but other boxers likely will be if you need to make an adjustment or what not or fix a keybind...

I feel the same way, most understand what boxing is and will go along with it, some that dont want anything to do with it will cry but thats whats nice about being your own tank/heal combo dps is a dime a doz
<<

DivDevlin

Post Sat May 11, 2013 8:33 am

I am on Dragon also, and have a guild formed.
My toons are between 20 - 25th level.

I am just learning the game with my main, waiting for archer to be released before trying to get the jist of running teams.

I will say though, that being able to field a 5 man team with ISO for the raids (Skirmish / Dungeons) is much wanted by me. The PUG's (pick up groups) are all NEED or when you get to the mob boss they disconnect.

I was stuck last night with the pirate king with my gaurdian fighter and a gal who was playing a great weapon fighter (red S0nja !!!!) and the two of us after everyone dropped could not dps enough to get it below 3/4 health.
Next

Return to Neverwinter