FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can we multi-box the new NeverWinter MMO from Cryptic ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DaxxTrias

Post Mon May 06, 2013 3:05 am

Re: Can we multi-box the new NeverWinter MMO from Cryptic ?

This game is giving me a headache for setting up ISBoxer
<<

Wingless

Post Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm

hey Everyone I've been messing around tryin to Multibox this game and have some answers I believe for some people.

regarding Broadcasting mouse clicks for at will powers I ended up enabling Under Combat Mapped Keys Mouse1 and Mouse2 the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is Held" to ON this made it broadcast clicks perfectly for me.

Post on here if this has worked for you please
<<

nodoze

Post Wed May 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Wingless wrote:hey Everyone I've been messing around tryin to Multibox this game and have some answers I believe for some people.

regarding Broadcasting mouse clicks for at will powers I ended up enabling Under Combat Mapped Keys Mouse1 and Mouse2 the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is Held" to ON this made it broadcast clicks perfectly for me.

Post on here if this has worked for you please
That is good news. I will try to test it when I can get on to play (may not be till the weekend). I had pretty much everything else working per my earlier posts. When I get a chance I will try to post a summary of my team & setups for others. Maybe everyone can start threads for their team/classes/setups/etc in different threads as it can get too confusing if everyone put everything in the same thread. If enough folk put different team setups then we can create a summary thread listing the various team combinations that have been tried successfully (or not).
<<

Wingless

Post Wed May 08, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm wondering if there is a way for ISboxer to make a key toggle-able. For instance the control key makes the camera center on the target if I could get the Control key to always stay on in my second client that would make my life so much easier!
<<

nodoze

Post Wed May 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Wingless wrote:I'm wondering if there is a way for ISboxer to make a key toggle-able. For instance the control key makes the camera center on the target if I could get the Control key to always stay on in my second client that would make my life so much easier!
Not 100% sure. For DDO I made the repeater profile toggle-able to only 2 windows and it would stay on.

I recommend trying to map the Caps-Lock to send Cntrl to the second window continuously when you turn-on Caps-Loc (as if you were holding Cntrl down).

If that doesn't work one option you may consider is mapping whatever you are already spamming to also send Cntrl to the second window... On my tank I am spamming my mouse buttons so that may work or you could maybe map E or any other ability you are going to SPAM continuously. You can have what ever action do one or more steps in each window and each window can have different actions from the same key/button. From memory you can also make steps fire on button press and button release if you want or have it do a different step in a rotation for each press of the same button (and reset the rotation after a period of time of no activity).

Lastly you can look to have one key press do multiple actions from a single key stroke and possibly put a delay in between each step. I generally stay away from those kind of mappings as they may violate a given games ToC & may be classified as botting... As long as it is reasonable and not an infinate loop you may be OK but YMMV & I personally wouldn't do it just to be safe...

Note: I answered the above from memory so sorry if I missed something.
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed May 08, 2013 8:48 pm

evil wrote:More testing done!

Making basic "macro's" ( binds.. )
press the tilde(usual console button)
write: "Bind <key> <command>
e.x: "Bind L Follow"

when you then press L you will follow your target - thats a step forward! :P

for the life of me I cant seem to see a console button lol or a bind ingame that has it , plz do tell were and how you found were to enter the info

lol nvm found it had to do /bind L Follow in chat command box and it worked had to unbind the key in config before it worked also
<<

nodoze

Post Wed May 08, 2013 9:53 pm

gnetcham wrote:
evil wrote:More testing done!

Making basic "macro's" ( binds.. )
press the tilde(usual console button)
write: "Bind <key> <command>
e.x: "Bind L Follow"

when you then press L you will follow your target - thats a step forward! :P

for the life of me I cant seem to see a console button lol or a bind ingame that has it , plz do tell were and how you found were to enter the info

lol nvm found it had to do /bind L Follow in chat command box and it worked had to unbind the key in config before it worked also
LOL I didn't understand the original post either. My macro in ISboxer was pressing return, typing /follow, and pressing return... When I read the original post I assumed it meant to bind it in ISboxer and I took a mental note to look into that later...

Instead, Binding Follow to a key in the game first and then having ISBoxer push/send that key into the other/background window(s) sounds like an easier/smoother approach.

Note: I edited my reply for a little more clarity as to what I assume was happening in the game client verses what was being done in ISboxer...
<<

cmoidudu

Post Thu May 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Hum, I tried to dual-box, and I came to this conclusion : I'm going to have a lot of work just to configure all that properly :)
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu May 09, 2013 2:38 pm

also found out that ctrl will lock on to your target if you can make a toggle or something in keybinds in isboxer to hold it down when you press the follow key or assist might solve some targeting issues for dual boxing atleast

/Target "name" will work also but all it does is highlight the target for a sec but there isnt any lockon that i could find out to combine it with, and I wish there was a camara angle that would snap the way you are looking, reminds me of gw2 tryin to set that up with dualboxing
<<

nodoze

Post Thu May 09, 2013 3:36 pm

cmoidudu wrote:Hum, I tried to dual-box, and I came to this conclusion : I'm going to have a lot of work just to configure all that properly :)
It does take a little bit of work but so far it is less setup than SWTOR was and more viable than DDO.

At this point I have ~11 mapped keys but none of them are that complex for a Tank/Healer duo that seems pretty viable and 11-15 seems pretty reasonable (some are much more important that others). If I can get time away from work and implement the recommended changes for the at-will abilities & fix my follow per the other suggestion I will try to post my setups. Not sure if there is a way to just export a subset of my ISBoxer Profile as I have dozens of different teams defines over the years for Wow, DDO, SWTOR, etc. Maybe I can just save them to the side and delete all the rest or create a new clean default profile and just migrate the new keybinds to it.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter