FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can we multi-box the new NeverWinter MMO from Cryptic ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:45 pm

Anyone have a guide on how to set it up ?

More info:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Can we multi-box the new NeverWinter MMO from Cryptic ?

Open Beta for the game starts today, my download completed roughly 10 seconds ago, and I'll be working on checking for bugs and providing starter information as soon as possible. :)
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:01 pm

lax wrote:Open Beta for the game starts today, my download completed roughly 10 seconds ago, and I'll be working on checking for bugs and providing starter information as soon as possible. :)
Thanks Lax. My guild from DDO is going to try it and I would love to be able to multi-box the clients.

The above being said it looks like it will be difficult to do active combat with more than one character (even harder than DDO) as there is no TAB targeting, no Function-Keys to target fellow players/pets, and I don't see any real assist or auto-follow... At least on DDO we have the assist and function keys and such...

I can see a tank and maybe a healer who has already targeted the tank but the 'active combat' focus also limits direct healing... Not sure what else may work...

Still valuable to be able to have multiple clients running at once but my exceptions are low at this point on being able to control more than 1 in combat (with more than a pocket healer)...
<<

evil

Post Wed May 01, 2013 1:57 pm

I didnt have any luck getting isboxer to work with this. Renames the windows, and can hotswap with ctrl+alt+1/2/3/4, but no response on key/mouse strokes.
<<

evil

Post Wed May 01, 2013 2:00 pm

If you write /follow, there is an actual command like this in the database - just not implemented yet, or removed ;-)
<<

nodoze

Post Wed May 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Evil, What did you do to get it to recognize the game (I haven't really tried yet) ?

Lax, Any luck so far or insight into the viability ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Inner Space build 5812, now available as a development build of Inner Space, corrects the "keyboard/mouse don't work" bug with Neverwinter. To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches", then close and restart Inner Space.

Let me know any further bugs you run into, thanks :)

To get the game working, just use Add Game from Inner Space and point it at Neverwinter.exe. (It's possible to directly launch GameClient.exe, however if you do that without passing in a bunch of other parameters, the game will be unable to contact the login servers.) Other than that, just create your team and it looks so far like it should technically work fine (game mechanics aside). This game may require the "Make game believe it is foreground window" option in your Character Set (not yet confirmed)
<<

DivDevlin

Post Wed May 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi All,

SO I am new here, but a long time gamer.
Have not played any MMO games is a long time...

I started playing SW:TOR not to long ago, and am one of the old time oNWN players from AOL. I liked what Cryptic did with COH and I did enjoy STO (wished I could dual box).

I have almost always had two accounts for all the games I played, and now that I am starting to get back into the hobby, found ISO boxer. It's a bit complicated for me though, being a newb.

That said, I have had minor success getting 3 alts running in SWTOR.

I would like to use Archer and Healer in NWN, and thought no better way to test and learn.

My complications were switching between windows, I could not get ALT+CNTL+1 or 2 to go between frames. I would need to ALT the game, to get to the other window.

With movement, WASD was all over the place, I would need to use S to move forward, as W would keep my running (In Game Hot key is T for Always Run).

Could not get the Broadcast Menu to relocate in the game window as when grouped the profiles would hide the broadcast options.

Just some items from a newb. Mock me as needed.

Cheers,
Div
<<

nodoze

Post Wed May 01, 2013 6:44 pm

DivDevlin,

Welcome and no mocking from this end as everyone has to start learning or (re-learning) someplace.

Regarding SWTOR, I was able to successfully dual box a ranged Tank Trooper & Healer Smuggler with 2 DPS companions to level 35 with no real issues. I did have to configure a few thing to fit my play style and I found lots of good advice here and from http://www.dual-boxing.com. I don't remember having any movement issues on my main window (the tank) & the auto-follow issues were resolved via work-around initially. If I encountered that issue with the W key in SWTOR I would have just remapped it via ISBoxer and moved on so I would have to go look at my old setups to be sure... I think it was on the DB forum or this one that I found some nice DXNothing setups that allowed great customization that really made SWTOR usable. That being said, after the race to 35 I was burned out on SWTOR that I quit it to focus only on DDO with my guild...

Regarding Cryptic's Neverwinter MMO whose Open Beta started yesterday, I don't think Ranger Archers are released yet. The rumor is that they will at least release an Archer Ranger soon and maybe a Two-Weapon-Fighting (TWF) Ranger as well (though that is likely a lower priority since we already have at least one TWF DPS via the Trickster Rogue).

My immediate goal with Cryptic's NW & ISBoxer is to get my 5 accounts live at the same time on just my main PC... In part just to create a guild and to verify I can do it (without having to login on 5 PCs). Initially I plan to play with my kids (they will be on their PCs) and at most use any extra slots as extra looters.

Personally at this stage I don't have high hopes of simultaneous combat with more than 1 character for NW as the 'action combat requires more percise targeting and I don't yet see any auto-follow nor any target-my-target's-target features (yet)...
<<

nodoze

Post Wed May 01, 2013 11:47 pm

I followed Lax's above instructions & after turning the graphics settings down I was able to launch 5 clients.

I did select "Make game believe it is foreground window" before launching and that seemed to work but I don't know if it would have also worked fine without that being checked.

I did the wizard to setup and I let it setup default macros/keymaps...

I am seeing weird movement where the keys (wasd) seemed to be mapped backward.

I am also not able to fire off my number keys.

The above being said, I haven't gone back to look at the default keymaps and will try to check tomorrow...

Tired. going to bed.
Next

Return to Neverwinter