FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simple Target Char

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Simple Target Char

Yeah I remappded my block (utility) key to my mouse button 4 so I don't hold the shift any more.
I have no idea where that SetDemoKey could be coming from.

I can try to take a look at it later after work.
<<

dgktmp1

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Norrin wrote:I. In the ToggleCombat Key add a some steps: Give it a hotkey I used Num-
Step 1: (Will toggle the Mouse Key maps on)
Action 1: Add a Key Map Action - Add New Key Map State action.
Target: Windows: All w/Current
Key Map: NWCombat
Mapped Key: Assist+Mouse1 and set it to ON

Action 2: Do the same action for Assist+Mouse2 key
Action 3: Add a New Menu Action - New Menu Button Action (This will toggle the new button we have not yet created that indicated if combat mouse is on or not)
Menu Button to Change:
Button 3 in Button Set Toggles. Click on the Arrow thing it will open a dialog. Select Button Set: Toggles and set button to 3.
Check the Images box and select Repeater On for Background, and repeater pressed for Background pressed.

Step 2: (Will toggle the Mouse Key maps off)
Action 1 and 2: do the reverse of Actions 1 and 2 in step 1. That is turn the Mapped Key to off.
Action 3. Same as the Action 3 in step on only this time set the Background image to Repeater off, and background pressed to repeater pressed.

Having problems following this part, in action1: Action 1:
Add a Key Map Action - Add New Key Map State action.

There is no Mapped Key in "New Key Map State action" is that how it's supposed to be?
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:46 pm

dgktmp1 wrote:
Having problems following this part, in action1: Action 1:
Add a Key Map Action - Add New Key Map State action.

There is no Mapped Key in "New Key Map State action" is that how it's supposed to be?

That should be an 'Add Mapped Key State Action'. Sorry. I will update it.
<<

djein

Post Fri May 17, 2013 7:22 am

Anyone have a problem where they swap to a screen and can't click anything or move your camera and the only solution is to quit that slot and reload it? (oddly enough when you go into cursor mode(alt) you can move the mouse..but still can't actually click anything)
<<

propagandalf

Post Fri May 17, 2013 9:28 am

djein wrote:Anyone have a problem where they swap to a screen and can't click anything or move your camera and the only solution is to quit that slot and reload it? (oddly enough when you go into cursor mode(alt) you can move the mouse..but still can't actually click anything)

Yes, I ran into that exact problem yesterday for the first time. I had to force quit externally, since you can't logout or exit ingame.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 17, 2013 9:34 am

propagandalf wrote:
djein wrote:Anyone have a problem where they swap to a screen and can't click anything or move your camera and the only solution is to quit that slot and reload it? (oddly enough when you go into cursor mode(alt) you can move the mouse..but still can't actually click anything)

Yes, I ran into that exact problem yesterday for the first time. I had to force quit externally, since you can't logout or exit ingame.
I haven't been able to play much lately but when I had that happen multiple times the past 2 weekends when multi-boxing.

From memory I was able to consistently fix it by right clicking on Innerspace and "re"launching the team that is already running. I never had to actually kill any NeverWinter or ISboxer processes and it is fairly painless (takes a few seconds to go through each window. Note that my team is setup as a 5 man and I typically have only had 2-3 running and doing that reloads each window (and launches the login screen for my 3rd or 4th window which I typically close). If you setup to only run a duo and are all your clients/windows are up it may behave differently.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 17, 2013 9:37 am

Norrin wrote:I was going to write up another complete tutorial on getting Follow/Assist working but that guide is already 3+ pages and its half done.
So I figured I would give the abridged version here.

Here are the very high level steps involved:

1. Create a NW keybinds file that has the in game keybinds for Follow, Assist, Target, and Hard Target Lock.
2. Load keybinds in game.
3. Setup ISBoxer.

1. Create the Key binds file.
I assume you know how to have the game create a bind.txt file you (you can name it what you like, I named mine binds.txt).
Here is what is in mine:
Button4 "+tacticalSpecial"
F12 "setFollow 0"
F11 "setFollow 1"
F10 "Assist"
F8 "hardtargetlock 0"
F9 "hardtargetlock 1"
F6 "team IsBoxer is awesome"
F5 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot5}"
F4 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot4}"
F3 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot3}"
F2 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot2}"
F1 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot1}"

Make sure to change the {Slot#} to be your actual character names in game.
Example:
F1 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Bruce Wayne"

2. Load the bindings.
in chat use the command /bind_load_file {filename}.

3. IsBoxer Configuration
I attached my profile so you can see exactly what I did.
Here are the brief steps to get this setup.

A. Configure the Variable Keystrokes. You will need to update the Target Slot 1 - Target Slot 5 keys (or however you actually need).
You will also need to update those keys in the actual Character Variable Keystrokes as well. I found that if you do not update the actual characters the targeting will not work for some reason. Bug maybe.

Also update the Follow Target and Assist Target to be what you used in the binds.txt. In the example it was F10 for Assist and F11 for Follow.

B. Create two new mapped keys - NWCombat and NWNonCombat (The properties should look just like the others look at Non-Combat for an example).

C. In the NWCombat Mapped Keys use the New Mapped Key wizard to add keys for Mouse1, Mouse2, q, e, r, 1, 2. You could also add the other number keys used too.
Use the Assist and Broadcast type.

D. For the Mouse1 and Mouse2 keys just created, in the advanced section check the box to make them disabled when loaded. We will have a key to toggle them on.

E. For the other keys for the actual Hotkey used add a CTRL to it. So for Q it should be CTRL+Q now. This is my setup for Dualboxing. I don't have a simple
way for more than 2.

F. In the NWNonCombat create three new keys Follow, Assist, and Toggle Combat. You don't really need follow but I kept it separate in case I wanted to add something later. Make sure that the Hold Any Keystroke is set to off and the Execute a Step is set to release.

G. In the Follow add a step: Give it a Hotkey, I used ~
Key Map Actions -> New Do Mapped Key Action
Target - Window:Current (self)
Key Map - Non-Combat
Mapped Key - Follow Me

H. In the Assist add a Step:
Action 1: Add a new key map action (like the Follow) that calls the Non-Combat - Assist Me Key.
Action 2: Add a Keystroke action that sends F9 (or the HardTargetLock 1 from the binds.txt) to Windows: All w/o Current. (this step is what enabled assist to work in NW).

I. In the ToggleCombat Key add a some steps: Give it a hotkey I used Num-
Step 1: (Will toggle the Mouse Key maps on)
Action 1: Add a Key Map Action -Add Mapped Key State Action.

Action 2: Do the same action for Assist+Mouse2 key
Action 3: Add a New Menu Action - New Menu Button Action (This will toggle the new button we have not yet created that indicated if combat mouse is on or not)
Menu Button to Change:
Button 3 in Button Set Toggles. Click on the Arrow thing it will open a dialog. Select Button Set: Toggles and set button to 3.
Check the Images box and select Repeater On for Background, and repeater pressed for Background pressed.

Step 2: (Will toggle the Mouse Key maps off)
Action 1 and 2: do the reverse of Actions 1 and 2 in step 1. That is turn the Mapped Key to off.
Action 3. Same as the Action 3 in step on only this time set the Background image to Repeater off, and background pressed to repeater pressed.

Hopefully that covered everything. Look at my config for an example.
You should notice that the default Repeater (Mouse and Key) now has 3 of them. The third one is for toggling the Combat mouse on and off. You will want to keep those off while not in combat as it really screws up clicking around with it on. Also not that once it is toggled on you have to use the hot key to turn it off. One the issues with using the mouse hot key is it for reason makes it so you cant click on any ISBoxer ui item.

[Edit] Fixed the error in the ToggleCombat mapped key.[/edit]
Very nice of you to share like that. If I don't have to work all weekend I will try to load your file and walk through the above notes to get the feel of the overall solution. If I am able to see the finished product in ISboxer while reading the above I think I will have a better chance to understand so many thanks again.
<<

djein

Post Fri May 17, 2013 6:06 pm

nodoze wrote:
propagandalf wrote:

I haven't been able to play much lately but when I had that happen multiple times the past 2 weekends when multi-boxing.

From memory I was able to consistently fix it by right clicking on Innerspace and "re"launching the team that is already running. I never had to actually kill any NeverWinter or ISboxer processes and it is fairly painless (takes a few seconds to go through each window. Note that my team is setup as a 5 man and I typically have only had 2-3 running and doing that reloads each window (and launches the login screen for my 3rd or 4th window which I typically close). If you setup to only run a duo and are all your clients/windows are up it may behave differently.

Relaunching didn't fix it for me. Its happening so often now, even when i start them up for the first time. It wouldn't be much of a problem if i wasn't put in a different server everytime I have to force crash the game and reload. Then waiting 2 minutes to be able to move to the instance the rest of the team is on...then making your way back to them cuz it shoots you to the start of whatever they are doing.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri May 17, 2013 6:41 pm

djein wrote:
nodoze wrote:

Reply from propagandalf:

Relaunching didn't fix it for me. Its happening so often now, even when i start them up for the first time. It wouldn't be much of a problem if i wasn't put in a different server everytime I have to force crash the game and reload. Then waiting 2 minutes to be able to move to the instance the rest of the team is on...then making your way back to them cuz it shoots you to the start of whatever they are doing.
Ouch. So very sorry to hear that the work-around that works for me isn't working for you.

I really hope Neverwinter improves the grouping and instancing as it is really a pain. My 4 friends and I have played together for years and on DDO it only takes us a few minutes to form up. On NeverWinter it seems to take forever to get all of us into a group and when you change instances it changes your location on the map... One of my buddy's game clients keeps crashing (he is not a Multi-boxer) and it is so frustrating that when he reconnects he can't change to our instance for several minutes so all 4 of us have to wait or change to his. Whoever changes gets shot across the map. Just chaos.

Some simple changes that NeverWinter could do that would help are:
- For people that disconnect (not log out) put them back in the same instance when they reconnect;
- For people that reconnect, remove the timer that prevents them from changing instances.

The above being said, the mouse & keys locking up may be an ISBoxer issue and not a NeverWinter issue. Please start a new thread on it in this ISBoxer NeverWinter forum & keep this thread focused on Targeting & Assist...
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:58 am

Not sure if you guys already noticed this, but you can /follow hostile targets, too.

Meaning that making a melee team is viable . . . though I imagine avoiding the frequent ground-based AoE mechanics in this game would be much more of a pain if your team is constantly stacked up and in melee range.

Could be fun for PvP, though.
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter