FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Menus / no Position saving

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gotza2000

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 am

Menus / no Position saving

Hello and at first sorry for my bad english, im not a native speaker and will try to explain my little problem with copied menus.

my goal is to use menus from isboxer with action bar overlays for oldschool clicking in wow :D

I´ve tried to use more than one menu with the action bar overlay (the standard menu works fine after chosen in the quick setup wizard) like shown in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6gsNLMsVI. The standard menu works like intendet and i´ve got no questions about that. but the copied menus (copies from the standard menu including accordingly button and hotkey sets etc....) doesnt work with mouse clicks and the will not save their positions by saving in the IS boxer control panel. every time i restart my games 2 of 4 menus are shown in the "standard" position and not in the saved position.

Also the copied menus are not clickable by mouse...but the settings are the same like in the functional standard menu.

While im a "clicker" in wow is it better to use click bars instead of menus? :?: i dont realy understand the difference between those...

I hope i will find help here...in the meantime i will work on my keybinds and improve my skills.

thank you and greetings

Andi
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: Menus / no Position saving

If I had to guess, your menus have a character in the name which is not being encoded correctly in the saved position file. Like an &. So they are loading back to the default position as defined in the menu definition. You could update the Starting Position to where you want the menu to be, and that would work around it, or you could change the name of the menu to test out my theory.

You may also need to delete the saved menu position files which are in C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts. From memory, they are ISboxerToolkit.Menu.CHARSETNAME.CHARNAME.XML (I don't have any to reference currently).

You should, for future reference, when having issues with your profile, supply it, so there is less guessing involved. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

gotza2000

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 am

Re: Menus / no Position saving

Thank you for your help. I will try the steps and in case there is no changing i will post my profile.

Return to Menus