FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Menu positions itself on cursor on load

Moderator: MiRai

<<

photogeek123

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:23 am

Menu positions itself on cursor on load

I'm having this bug where when i changed the "Toggles" menu to radial and added a button, then when i went to reload it, loaded under my cursor(and stayed at that place my cursor was at the time). It has a default position and also has a position set in the xml file for the windows too, it also doesn't show the title bar if i have the ingame config open while reloading(the other menus show theirs), but i does show up if i close and reopen the config.

And the menu doesn't have a problem when i set it to grid again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:05 am

Re: Menu positions itself on cursor on load

Popping at the cursor is a feature of the Radial menu style. The idea is to pop up the menu at any time, move the mouse a certain distance and direction from where it already was, and the job is done.

If you want non-Grid appearance without this behavior you will want to set up a custom XML template file
<<

photogeek123

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:49 am

Even without the popup option enabled?

and if so, where can i find the docs for xml templates
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:57 am

The Popup option does what it says when you hover over it -- the Menu will disappear when a Button is used.

Here is MiRai's guide for custom XML templates: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3951#p17000
<<

photogeek123

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:33 pm

But i was also asking if that is the case for radial menus without the popup checkbox enabled, should it just stay where is when it loads or is popup a forced setting of radial menus
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:54 pm

My answer is that the behavior of the Popup option is the same regardless of the Layout Style selected, it does only what it says. It only provides the behavior that the Menu disappears when a Button is used.

Popup is not a forced setting of radial menus and does not affect the placement (anything) when the Menu is shown.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:55 pm

From my testing, you can use a radial menu the same as you can a grid when not set to Pop-up.

But that said, the Radial Menu does seem to have some specific code that will reposition it, to default to the current mouse cursor when it is loaded. This is especially noticeable when you export from ISBoxer, while your team is running. When your team is not running, the radial menu will load correctly to the saved file position, and you will get the title bar when opening the in game gui each time you open it. If you happen to be running your team, then the results of an export on a non pop-up radial menu are "undefined" as Microsoft like to say, and you may need to re-open the gui to see the titlebar because the code that positions the menu is removing the titlebar.

I could probably define it if you really want: For a non-popup radial menu, it will be repositioned to the current mouse cursor, or to the edge position of the region, towards where the current mouse cursor is if you Export from ISBoxer, while your team is running, and this will remove the titlebar, if you happen to have the ISBoxer in-game GUI open at the same time. When loading your team normally it will appear at the saved position as this will override the current cursor value.
<<

photogeek123

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:34 pm

I was also updating the layout while being logged in, but with that said, i think i will start looking at the xml templates, was already thinking about them anyways, just couldn't find any info that i could understand.

Return to Menus