FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Left click not working on some menu buttons.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tom0978

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:45 am

Left click not working on some menu buttons.

Hi,

I have an odd problem on some of the click bar boxes/cells. For instance if I "left click" on box/hotkey 8 it doesn't work but when I "right click" it does. If I move the click bar away from the hot keys I can do both. Is there a common way to fix this?

Thanks.
<<

Tom0978

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:54 am

Re: Left click not working on some click bar boxes.

Sorry I'm new to this.

I solved it with the setting:

Menu Templates > Standard > Buttons are Click-Through.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:10 am

If you mean the green boxes looking thing when you say "click bar", then this does not respond to a right click. This leads me to believe that it is probably not covering the action bar where you think it is, or it may be the wrong size, or you may have some other UI component in the way, or maybe you have mapped the Mouse1 button somewhere along the way.

When you say hotkeys you possibly mean in game action bar. To me, in the context of ISBoxer, they are referring to keys that are used to trigger an ISBoxer action. In game, they are keybinds. Sometimes the terminology usage makes interpreting the issue interesting.

Anyway, I don't have an easy fix based on the description of your issue, because it shouldn't be occurring.
Setting click-through means the menu is no longer doing anything, so will no longer broadcast to your other clients, which kind of defeats the purpose of having them.
<<

Tom0978

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:32 am

First of all thanks for the detailed reply. I haven't really tampered with ISBoxer/Innerspace more than following the video guide for quick setup (Joe) and the mapped keys guide (MiRai). Although I wouldn't put it past that I'm the culprit having touched something I wasn't suppose to.

bob wrote:If you mean the green boxes looking thing when you say "click bar", then this does not respond to a right click.

That's the thing. Some (green) boxes respond to both left and right click, and some to just right click. I verified this buy moving the box away using the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G and just moving it up slightly. Will give you screenshot examples below.

bob wrote:This leads me to believe that it is probably not covering the action bar where you think it is, or it may be the wrong size, or you may have some other UI component in the way, or maybe you have mapped the Mouse1 button somewhere along the way.

First just to establish that my boxes are covering the area sufficiently (1 px border maybne hard to spot):

If I move the green boxes or click bar half way up e.g:

bob wrote:When you say hotkeys you possibly mean in game action bar. To me, in the context of ISBoxer, they are referring to keys that are used to trigger an ISBoxer action. In game, they are keybinds. Sometimes the terminology usage makes interpreting the issue interesting.

OK, let me clarify the "hotkey 8" reference. The position on the spell or attack bar in the game Lord of the Rings Online at the bottom of the screen counting from the left to right position 8 as can be seen on this image:

bob wrote:Anyway, I don't have an easy fix based on the description of your issue, because it shouldn't be occurring.
Setting click-through means the menu is no longer doing anything, so will no longer broadcast to your other clients, which kind of defeats the purpose of having them.

Thanks for the heads up on the click through. I'll try to re-download and install Inner Space and ISBoxer Suite again.
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:39 am

No need to redownload.

If you have an issue it is in your profile. Redownloading and installing doesn't fix that. A File -> Clear, and a rerun of the Quick Setup Wizard might.
Perhaps the Button Set for the menu is not correctly set, or what Button 8 of the button set is sending is not going to all clients, or just not sending anything at all.

So (a bit of testing has gone on) a right click should just drop through to the game UI underneath and it will respond however it will respond. The Left click should be trapped by the menu (green boxes) and do what the menu tells it to do. I suspect the 8th button is not doing what it should be.

You can share your config and it might be easier to figure out.

edited....
(actually you are drawing lines to button 7, not 8).
Last edited by bob on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Left click not working on some menu buttons.

I moved the thread over to the Menus forum, this is a Menu not a Click Bar. What has happened is either a) you have disabled/removed/broken some of the default behaviors of the Standard Menu, or b) your Hotkeys are not 1 through =. In either case, you'll need to restore your Standard Menu. This would be easiest as Bob suggests, with File->Clear and a fresh run of the Quick Setup Wizard. :)
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:46 am

Ahhh.

Loooking at your in game action bar, most of the buttons don't have in game binds on them.
The menu actually sends a keypress when you click on it, so because you have no ingame binds (the little letters down the bottom of the ingame bar), then the menu sends the keypress, but nothing happens!!

The Standard menu sends the keys 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, =
This matches to the default in game binds. You would need to adjust the menu buttons to match what binds you do have (well, don't have at the moment, but need to add).
Last edited by bob on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Tom0978

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:48 am

bob wrote:No need to redownload.

If you have an issue it is in your profile. Redownloading and installing doesn't fix that. A File -> Clear, and a rerun of the Quick Setup Wizard might.
Perhaps the Button Set for the menu is not correctly set, or what Button 8 of the button set is sending is not going to all clients, or just not sending anything at all.

So (a bit of testing has gone on) a right click should just drop through to the game UI underneath and it will respond however it will respond. The Left click should be trapped by the menu (green boxes) and do what the menu tells it to do. I suspect the 8th button is not doing what it should be.

You can share your config and it might be easier to figure out.

edited....
(actually you are drawing lines to button 7, not 8).

OK thanks. Sorry about the confusion between 7 and 8. When I wrote the post I was on 8, when I made the screenshots for you I must have put it in the wrong spot. Same problem though. ;)
<<

Tom0978

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:49 am

bob wrote:Ahhh.

Loooking at your in game action bar, most of the buttons don't have in game binds on them.
The menu actually sends a keypress when you click on it, so because you have no ingame binds (the little letters down the bottom of the ingame bar), then the menu sends the keypress, but nothing happens!!

The Standard menu sends the keys 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, =
This matches to the default in game binds. You would need to adjust the menu buttons to match what binds you do have (well, don't have at the moment, but need to add).

OK, I'll try this immediately thanks. I was just reorganizing my keybinds atm.

But why does right click work?
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:50 am

Tom0978 wrote:But why does right click work?

As I said above (after testing and editing). The right click is not captured by the menu, so it falls through to the game, and the game handles the right click.
Next

Return to Menus