FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Action menu bar.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Noodlefaces

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Action menu bar.

Hi everyone, I am having problem with my Action menu bar. When i click one of the square it doesnt do anything for my other box toon at all. ( i line up the bar to my spell and stuff but it seem that my other action bar doesnt read the action i did with my main please help. And i also having problem with making an extra action bar. I try to watch google to make one but it seem to not work. please help
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: Action menu bar.

When you click on the button it doesn't actually click, it sends a keypress 1 to = (depending on the button) to the games. If you other game is not receiving this, then there are a few options
  1. multiple targets are disabled, which it might be by default for some games like POE, EVE, and a couple of others I can't recall immediately.
  2. your other game client doesn't have anything bound to the keys being received (the 1 to =).
  3. the button set has been changed to only target the current slot/ a specific slot
  4. probably some others too.

Anyway, in order to determine which you should provide a copy of your profile.

To add a second menu.
  1. In the top left, right click Menus, New Menu.
  2. Click on your new menu
  3. In the lower left pane, find the Standard Assist + Broadcast button set (or just Standard Broadcast if that is what you prefer), right click on this, select Make Copy. Right click on the copy, select Rename, give it a new name.
  4. In the lower right pane, update the buttons to send the appropriate keystroke to the game clients. You can select the "1 -> all" line, and change the Key Combination (click on the little < arrow to the right of the box).
  5. If you want to use Hotkeys for the menu as well as clicking on it continue, if not skip to step 7, in the lower left pane, right click on the Hotkey Sets -> Standard, select Make Copy. Select the copy, right click, select Rename, give it a new name.
  6. In the lower right pane, update the Hotkey column to whatever hotkeys you want to use for this menu.
  7. Click on your menu name at the top of the lower left pane.
  8. In the drop downs select the Standard menu template, your new hotkey set (if you wanted one), and your new button set.
  9. Select your character set in the top left pane.
  10. click on Menus in the lower left pane
  11. Click and highlight your new menu on the lower right pane.
  12. Export to InnerSpace.
<<

Noodlefaces

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:43 pm

I made 2 second action bar already but the problem is none of it work. i smash it but none of my button work. sorry i am computer illiterate. also when you say it turn off where do i go to turn it back on? i am trying to do this for Everquest. bah this is so frustrating. ok here the paste http://www.privatepaste.com/30511e8ea4
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:57 pm

bob wrote:You should provide a copy of your profile.
So I can see what you've done, then I can tell you how to fix it.
<<

Noodlefaces

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:01 pm

bob wrote:
bob wrote:You should provide a copy of your profile.
So I can see what you've done, then I can tell you how to fix it.

i did the paste thing it doesnt work? I link the paste id number also. if i am doing something wrong let me know.

on this part I dont understand what he saying.

To share your configuration via file attachment: (your account names will not be censored)
1. Save your ISBoxer Profile -- usually to the default location
2a. If you used Save and saved your ISBoxer profile to the default location, attach the file ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML from your Inner Space folder
2b. If you used Save As and saved your ISBoxer profile to a custom location, attach the file you saved
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:10 pm

I see it now. I didn't when I first looked at your response.

Anyway.
When you've added the second menu, make sure they are not on top of each other. You can press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G to open the ISBoxer in game GUI to move them around, when in the right place, hit Save on the Menu tab, and then press CTRL+ALT_SHIFT+G to close the GUI again.
Your "menu key 2" menu is using the Standard Assist + Braodcast button set, so it will be sending 1 to =, rather than ALT+1 to ALT+=. Select Menus-> menu key 2 in the top left, in the lower left make sure "menu key 2" at the top is selected. The button set should be "alt key".

You also need Keymaps enabled for the menus to work. When you disable key maps, the menus are also disabled.
And your "alt key" button set is a copy of the Standard Broadcast button set (with changes) rather than the Standard Assist+Broadcast. If you need the characters to Assist you, then you will need either hit ALT+A first, or you need to redo the button set and use the Standard Assist+Broadcast button set as the starting point.
<<

Noodlefaces

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:29 pm

bob wrote:I see it now. I didn't when I first looked at your response.

Anyway.
When you've added the second menu, make sure they are not on top of each other. You can press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G to open the ISBoxer in game GUI to move them around, when in the right place, hit Save on the Menu tab, and then press CTRL+ALT_SHIFT+G to close the GUI again.
Your "menu key 2" menu is using the Standard Assist + Braodcast button set, so it will be sending 1 to =, rather than ALT+1 to ALT+=. Select Menus-> menu key 2 in the top left, in the lower left make sure "menu key 2" at the top is selected. The button set should be "alt key".

You also need Keymaps enabled for the menus to work. When you disable key maps, the menus are also disabled.
And your "alt key" button set is a copy of the Standard Broadcast button set (with changes) rather than the Standard Assist+Broadcast. If you need the characters to Assist you, then you will need either hit ALT+A first, or you need to redo the button set and use the Standard Assist+Broadcast button set as the starting point.

My key map is all turn on, my action bar is not on top of each other, I change the alt key also. here my paste link http://www.privatepaste.com/c3e36e2626

also how do i delete everything and start new?
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:03 pm

It looks like it should work, unless EQ is not accepting the ALT+x which is being sent, but I doubt this as I know it works for others.

Are you Exporting to InnerSpace?

Anyway, to make sure it is sending to the game, you can open up the ISBoxer in game GUI (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G), select the Debug tab, click on the Button item (so it has a red dot), then Click on Show Debugging Console. This will open a window. You can then click on your menu button and you should see this appear
Code:
Button: from keystroke@is1: hold 164+1
Button: from keystroke@is1: release 164+1

code 164 = ALT, so this is showing me that ALT+1 was sent from slot 1. This appears on all the game instances.

To clear your profile, go to File -> Clear. To start the Wizard, select Wizards -> Quick Setup Wizard. If you want to remove only one thing in your config, select it and press DEL key (or right click, select Delete)
<<

Noodlefaces

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:32 pm

bob wrote:It looks like it should work, unless EQ is not accepting the ALT+x which is being sent, but I doubt this as I know it works for others.

Are you Exporting to InnerSpace?

Anyway, to make sure it is sending to the game, you can open up the ISBoxer in game GUI (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G), select the Debug tab, click on the Button item (so it has a red dot), then Click on Show Debugging Console. This will open a window. You can then click on your menu button and you should see this appear
Code:
Button: from keystroke@is1: hold 164+1
Button: from keystroke@is1: release 164+1

code 164 = ALT, so this is showing me that ALT+1 was sent from slot 1. This appears on all the game instances.

To clear your profile, go to File -> Clear. To start the Wizard, select Wizards -> Quick Setup Wizard. If you want to remove only one thing in your config, select it and press DEL key (or right click, select Delete)

ok I start everything new and here is my paste link. http://www.privatepaste.com/3aa9d24d38

when i do what you ask about the bug button. it show that
Button: from keystroke@is1: hold =
Button: from keystroke@is1: release =
Button: from keystroke@is1: hold -
Button: from keystroke@is1: release -
Button: from keystroke@is1: hold -
Button: from keystroke@is1: release -
Button: from keystroke@is1: hold 0
Button: from keystroke@is1: release 0
Button: from keystroke@is1: hold 0
Button: from keystroke@is1: release 0
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:37 pm

What does the debug console show when you use your new menu?
Next

Return to Menus