FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Button image doesn't change when mouse scrolling

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ThaSpike

Post Sun May 17, 2015 5:34 am

Button image doesn't change when mouse scrolling

Want a menu to change it's image when I scroll my mousewheel up or down. Made a very simple profile to test this, but I get no response when turning the mousewheel. When I click the buttons the image changes. Using a Logitech G600.

Here's the test profile I used: http://www.privatepaste.com/2ed3821550

Thanks sPˊ!ˋKe
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 17, 2015 5:53 am

Re: Button image doesn't change when mouse scrolling

The image does not change, probably because the Mousewheel does not have a keypressdown event (or state if you like). The mousewheel just scrolls, and triggers an event when it scrolls enough. If you put a popup text action on the button, this fires, so the hotkey itself is working.

If it worked and the scroll did fire a Pressed state, it would let go so quickly that it would only ever flash the image anyway because the scroll never holds down. If you want you can setup some Menu Button Actions to simulate this. The first two actions on the button can be these, and the first one sets the background image to what you want in the pressed state, and the second sets the image back to the original, but with a timer, of 0.1 seconds.

I've modified your profile slightly to show this. It is setup on the MouseWheelUp. http://www.privatepaste.com/6f381fec1f
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 17, 2015 7:38 am

Bob's on the money here.

Unlike actual buttons which have a distinct "press" and "release", the mouse wheel just scrolls and at that point it's "hey I scrolled the wheel". ISBoxer turns this into a pseudo-button for Hotkey purposes, where you scroll and, at this instant, it performs both the Press and Release of some Mapped Key (or Menu button, etc). There is no amount of time between the Press and Release for you to see the image change to a pressed state.

The solution is pretty much as Bob suggests, with a timer to set the image later on. Note that MiRai ran into this same thing when setting up his virtual mouse/keyboard overlays; I believe his delay was more like 0.8 so that viewers have more of an opportunity to see it.
<<

ThaSpike

Post Sun May 17, 2015 7:52 am

Thanks guys, performs just like I want it to Bob.

Return to Menus