Delete standart menu only to one character of the set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zirglub

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:29 am

Delete standart menu only to one character of the set

heyas folks
just starting to use Is boxer and seem really nice to use
Anyway got 2 problems the first one is i run a 3 box on EQ and i want just to delete / skip the menu bar on character slot 1 . The character slot 1 is my puller and i use like hell 1 2 3 to fade memories etc and it activate too much macros on other character slots.
My second problem which isnt one really is more a question i started using 2 large Fx window on my main slot char 1 but it seems to leech so much ram on the comp guess Fx window is a Ram Killer or is it my comp ?

Thx for listening me and sorry for the langage i am a frenchie hope u ll be able to understand what i wanted.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 am

Re: Delete standart menu only to one character of the set

Removing the Standard Menu from 1 character, means you will need to change the way it is assigned, or you need to specifically unload it.

To change the way it is assigned, you can select your character set in the top left pane, and then in the lower left select Menus, and then on the right, unhighlight the Standard menu. Then select the Characters (one by one) you want to have the menu in the top left pane, select Menus in the lower left pane, and then highlight Standard menu for each character.

To mapped a mapped key, you will need to create one manually. This is way easier than most people think.
Select Non-Combat in the top left pane, in the lower left, right click the Mapped Keys node, and select New Mapped Key. Give it a name and a hotkey. This hotkey is the key you will press to unload the menu.
Then select the Steps -> 1 underneath your new mapped key. On the right pane there, right click the Actions node, select Menu Actions -> Menu State Action.
Set the target to Window:Current (or you could specify Character Slot 1), choose the Standard menu from the drop down, and then Unload.
If you set to Window:Current you can use it on any window and the menu will unload on your active window. If set to slot 1, it will only unload on slot 1.
That's it.

VideoFX should not take huge amounts of RAM. If you are having RAM issues, you should be monitoring to see what is using it. You can turn off the videofx (unload them) and then see if RAM usage drops significantly.
<<

zirglub

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:08 am

Ok understand that thx a lot for help i set up the mapped key i ll give a try when maintenance will be finished
I ll prolly spam ya ll with bunch of questions on the future :D
<<

zirglub

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:32 am

ok so i did what u said to me and created 2 mapped keys one for load and the second one to unload the standart menu on character slot 1 work nice i ve got only on problem when i unload char slot one char menu on main screen and i switch to char slot 2 or 3 screen without outloading the standart menu when i press & é " ' ( the hotkey on char slot 1 screen are lauching even so .
Any advice ?

Thx
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:52 am

That's because the menu buttons are still set to Broadcast to all windows, regardless of whether those windows are actually displaying a copy of the menu. i.e. The windows do not need to display the menu in order to get the results from the other windows menu. If you wanted to change that, then you need to change the Target for each menu button to exclude slot1.

You can do this by selecting Menus -> Standard in the Top left pane, in the lower left you can select Standard.
Check which Button Set is being assigned to the menu.
Then in the lower left select that button set. On the right you will then see the buttons with the actions that are assigned.
Each action will have a Target, which will probably be "all" or "Window:All w/ Current" (this is the friendly name in the drop down).
You can replace the target to be "~is1" (type it into the Target box), which means "not slot 1", and will result in everyone except slot 1 getting the action.

Return to Menus