FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Radial menu press-release not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ThaSpike

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:59 am

Radial menu press-release not working

I set up a radial menu (using Lax's video guide "setting up a radial menu") to swap Characters . I setup the mapped key to open the radial menu to execute a step when the hotkey is pressed and released hoping I could press to open the menu, hover the mouse over the character I want to swap to, release the mouse and be swapped. Didn't work. Then tried an other method, mapped key on execute when pressed and the action mode of the radial menu button on release (away from it's default hold). Didn't work either.
Can a radial menu work like this, open on press, execute on release? If yes, how do I set it up correctly?

Thanks sP´!`Ke
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:31 am

Re: Radial menu press-release not working

In my radial toon selector, I set it to Pressed, although the Released option would work too. If you tick the Pop-up option then a the menu will close itself after you click on a button. It will require two actions for you to have this menu appear and then disappear. You press the hotkey (and let it go again), and then you move the mouse, click on the icon/number etc, and it will then swap (because your buttons do that), and because it was a pop-up, it will close the menu.

Your method of press and hold the hotkey, move the mouse to hover, and then release the hotkey, never "clicks" on a menu button, so it never fires the button actions. If you really wanted to do this, then you could try this. Setup a 2 step mapped key to execute on "press OR release". Step 1 loads the menu, Step 2 sends a Mouse1 to the current window so it will "click". Note: this may not work as I'm not sure you can send a Mouse1 via an action, and have it interact with an ISGUI element (the menu). You would still need to set the Pop-up option.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:32 am

bob wrote:In my radial toon selector, I set it to Pressed, although the Released option would work too. If you tick the Pop-up option then a the menu will close itself after you click on a button. It will require two actions for you to have this menu appear and then disappear. You press the hotkey (and let it go again), and then you move the mouse, click on the icon/number etc, and it will then swap (because your buttons do that), and because it was a pop-up, it will close the menu.

Your method of press and hold the hotkey, move the mouse to hover, and then release the hotkey, never "clicks" on a menu button, so it never fires the button actions. If you really wanted to do this, then you could try this. Setup a 2 step mapped key to execute on "press OR release". Step 1 loads the menu, Step 2 sends a Mouse1 to the current window so it will "click". Note: this may not work as I'm not sure you can send a Mouse1 via an action, and have it interact with an ISGUI element (the menu). You would still need to set the Pop-up option.

This, but Step 2 instead of sending a Mouse1 should use a Do Menu Button Action. This Action by default will use the "Do the Menu Button the cursor is currently over" option, which was designed to enable the behavior you're looking for
<<

ThaSpike

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:34 am

Another thank you to both of you, works like it should.

Sorry for all the questions today, more will probably come. Had a few days time to really tune my ISBoxer profile, added lots of new goodies, starting to get to know some if the insides and hidden features of ISBoxer, sometimes hitting a wall, most of the time being able to climb it myself, but like with this need some help here and there.

sP´!`Ke

Return to Menus