Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:04 pm

[Feature Request] Menu button set inherits mapped keys

Short version - introduce new tick-box to "MENU STYLE ACTION" to keep original mappped key actions attached to menu buttons in a button-set when you apply new "cosmetic" button-set to it.

There is a wonderful IB feature in Menu actions that allows you to apply a selected button set to another button set. The disadvantage is that by doing that you lose any mapped leys attached to the original (e.g. main) button set. I am wondering if it could be possible to have a new "tick" option in the "Menu Style" action to retain (inherit) mapped key actions bound to the original button set. Practically, it would allow more flexibility in changing apppearance of my menus by creating pre-defined "appearance only" menu sub-sets without having to worry about losing menu functionality (e.g. playing a different game etc.).

P.S. Lax, While we are at it, Ihere's another one, albeit it is not new. "Revert to Default" menu button option. We have talked about this on beta forum (cannot find the exchange, it was imbedded into one of those rambling threads), and it was implemented in "Store/Restore" functionality, which is still confusing to me. The idea was to have at any time an option to reset a button in the button-set (or all of them) to its original "default" form, regardless of what modifiers were applied to it after the menu was loaded. Kinda like a "reset". I think you mentioned that "Store" was auto-applied when menus are loaded, so all I need to do for "back to default" is to tick the "Restore", can you please confirms that?

[EDIT] I figured the Timer Group -related request (I was not using full functionality), so I removed it.

/cringe

Alex