Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:30 am

Menu buttons (and timers) not behaving

I have a couple of menu issues (I've emailed them before, but I figured I'd post here for prosperity, and to let others know too).

One is really a Timer issue, but it is on my menu, and there is no section for Timers (yeah it could be General).

First, here is a profile with a dxNothing window to replicate the issue.
http://privatepaste.com/fbf0a48f8e

There are two tests here.

1. Timer Test. The buttons are both configured the same way. You click on them, they should count down from 5 on a 1 second interval. The left button stops at 4. The right button does it correctly. The button on the left uses a Timer with "0 = Unlimited" timers in the group, but despite this setting I seem to get only 1 timer? The button on the right is in a Timer Group which allows 99 timers.

2. Don't Change Me test. This is really about the Menu Button Action, and changing the "Current Menu Button". The left button has actions that should change it's own display as it is set to change the Current Button, but it doesn't, it changes the other button. The right button has no actions and does nothing other than look pretty and change text when it shouldn't.

3. No test for this one. The Menu Button Action "Pull Settings" option has a different behaviour than when used directly on the button options. When used in an action, this will pull the Actions from the source button overwriting any actions you may have configured on the button. When used directly on a button configuration, it wont pull the actions (actually it might, but the actions on the button will override the pulled actions). Personally I'd like it to be optional whether the actions were overwritten regardless of where the "Pull Settings" was used.